For All Those People Who Said Hillary was TOAST

PalJoey Profile PhotoPalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Apparently, there's a fat lady somewhere who ain't singing YET.

For All Those People Who Said Hillary was TOAST
Updated On: 1/8/08 at 09:53 PM
Rathnait62 Profile PhotoRathnait62 Profile Photo
Rathnait62
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Hey, take down my picture!
Have I ever shown you my Shattered Dreams box? It's in my Disappointment Closet. - Marge Simpson
javero Profile Photojavero Profile Photo
javero
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
NH should have been a slam dunk for her instead of her maintaining a narrow 2 - 4% lead with slightly more than 1/2 precincts reporting. The college town have not weighed in yet though. Senator Clinton has done well with women, seniors, union workers and blue collar workers in NH so far. Any victory by Hillary with less than a 4% lead over Obama will reveal her vulnerability. Edwards who's splitting votes with Obama hasn't dropped out of the race yet. After that point, we'll have a whole new dynamic.
#FactsMatter...your feelings not so much.
PalJoey
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Vulnerability, schulnerability. You're as bad as the gasbags on TV. None of you know NUTHIN'!

The PEOPLE are deciding this nomination, NOT the pundits. (Which is as it should be.)

And the fat lady AIN'T SINGIN'! Because she hasn't decided what to to sing yet.
Roninjoey Profile PhotoRoninjoey Profile Photo
Roninjoey
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Nobody in this country wants things to actually change. We just want to keep electing the same people over and over. The people we like. The names we hear the most. The mindless rhetoric repeated ad nauseum, the lies spoon fed to the American public. Why don't we just crown a Bush and a Clinton and alternate for the rest of time?
yr ronin,
joey
JoeKv99 Profile PhotoJoeKv99 Profile Photo
JoeKv99
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Yes Pj- as hard as it is to believe the polls were WRONG- AGAIN! Just like they were in 2000...and 2004....and 2006. I'm dumbfounded.
No good can possibly come from using this vast wasteland of error and deliberate deceit. You should get off of it and warn others away. You should make sure your children and grandchildren know what a corrupt and morally bankrupt institution it truly is.
PalJoey
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Did Obama really lose yesterday's double-digit lead?

Or are the pollsters really screwing up?
Roninjoey
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Well, the polls are hardly ever accurate. I think Hillary Clinton owes this win to the women voters.
yr ronin,
joey
Liverpool Profile PhotoLiverpool Profile Photo
Liverpool
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
yeah, she got the sympathy vote alright.
papalovesmambo Profile Photopapalovesmambo Profile Photo
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
rodham toaster strudels #9
Posted: 1/8/08 at 11:00pm
most likely she benefited from the weather which allowed her target audience in nh (old people) to make it to the polls. we'll know more when the breakdowns come out, but that's my bet.
r.i.p. marco, my guardian angel.

...global warming can manifest itself as heat, cool, precipitation, storms, drought, wind, or any other phenomenon, much like a shapeshifter. -- jim geraghty

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

fenchurch=mejusthavingfun=magwildwood=mmousefan=bkcollector=bradmajors=somethingtotalkabout: the fenchurch mpd collective
JoeKv99 Profile PhotoJoeKv99 Profile Photo
JoeKv99
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
rodham toaster strudels #10
Posted: 1/8/08 at 11:01pm
Unlike Iowa, she won women and especially non-married women. She also did well with the over 35-ers.
No good can possibly come from using this vast wasteland of error and deliberate deceit. You should get off of it and warn others away. You should make sure your children and grandchildren know what a corrupt and morally bankrupt institution it truly is.
PalJoey
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Well I'm just happy that this nomination will have to be won vote by vote by vote, like the good old days.

On to:

Michigan 1/15
Nevada 1/19
South Carolina 1/26
Florida 1/29
and then Super Tuesday 2/5
Liverpool
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
on and unrelated note, Tom Brokaw called Super Tuesday Tsunami Tuesday which i found unsettling.
Roninjoey
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
rodham toaster strudels #13
Posted: 1/8/08 at 11:06pm
This isn't the overwhelming victory the media will try to make it out to be though. Really, the race is suddenly a lot more interesting. In retrospect perhaps the worst thing that could have happened was to give a free ride to either Clinton or Obama. Both candidates have had strong starts and now they're going to actually have to fight for their votes.
yr ronin,
joey
papalovesmambo Profile Photopapalovesmambo Profile Photo
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
rodham toaster strudels #14
Posted: 1/8/08 at 11:09pm
michigan and florida have no delegates, unless howie backs down and gives them back.
r.i.p. marco, my guardian angel.

...global warming can manifest itself as heat, cool, precipitation, storms, drought, wind, or any other phenomenon, much like a shapeshifter. -- jim geraghty

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

fenchurch=mejusthavingfun=magwildwood=mmousefan=bkcollector=bradmajors=somethingtotalkabout: the fenchurch mpd collective
Liverpool
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
rodham toaster strudels #15
Posted: 1/8/08 at 11:10pm
Exactly, maybe someone that could really be a good president with experience and good ideas, like RICHARDSON could get back in the race.
pab Profile Photopab Profile Photo
pab
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
rodham toaster strudels #16
Posted: 1/8/08 at 11:28pm
It's just interesting how so many of you were almost at the point of saying that Obama should me measuring the curtains for the White House. I hate to say "I told you so" but, I told you so. Let's not forget the "let's pick the running mates for Huckabee & Obama" thread:

https://www.broadwayworld.com/board/readmessage.cfm?boardid=2&boardname=off&thread=953475

As I said in that thread, "I think that this thread is quite a bit premature. A win in Iowa does not a nominee make. One should wait at least until after Super Tuesday."

I still believe that even after tonight's results from NH.

Some of you have no sense of history and just jump on anything that you hear on television. It ain't over yet and will not be over for a while, on either side.
"Smart! And into all those exotic mystiques -- The Kama Sutra and Chinese techniques. I hear she knows more than seventy-five. Call me tomorrow if you're still alive!"
son_of_a_gunn_25 Profile Photoson_of_a_gunn_25 Profile Photo
son_of_a_gunn_25
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
rodham toaster strudels #17
Posted: 1/8/08 at 11:32pm
Isn't it really about the number of delegates each candidate sends to the national convention? In that case it is currently a tie in NH. (At least by the Yahoo! election tracker.) This definitely gives Hillary some much needed momentum though.

I still hope for Obama, but I also love seeing each state being fought tooth and nail. It's good for the voters since it will force candidates to discuss their views with voters in more states than if NH was a landslide victory for Obama. It seems the younger age group didn't turn out with strong numbers which is disheartening. My generation needs to get more involved in the decisions made in this country or we are going to screw ourselves over. (Please correct me if I am wrong on any of my data.)
My avatar is a reminder to myself. I need lots of reminders...
Updated On: 1/8/08 at 11:32 PM
Roninjoey
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
rodham toaster strudels #18
Posted: 1/8/08 at 11:33pm
Obama and Hillary can't be measured by history because there have never been candidates like them. I've been saying Obama can take it for a year now because I believed in him (and I don't see much point in being passionate about something you don't believe in). I still do, just as (I'm assuming, correct me if I'm wrong) you believe in Clinton.

It's going to be a long race...
yr ronin,
joey
pab
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
rodham toaster strudels #19
Posted: 1/8/08 at 11:34pm
"Obama and Hillary can't be measured by history because there have never been candidates like them."

Oy.
"Smart! And into all those exotic mystiques -- The Kama Sutra and Chinese techniques. I hear she knows more than seventy-five. Call me tomorrow if you're still alive!"
Roninjoey
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
rodham toaster strudels #20
Posted: 1/8/08 at 11:37pm
"Obama and Hillary can't be measured by history because there have never been candidates like them."

Oy."

Yeah... because there's nothing significant at all about a black man winning a farming state in the midwest that's 95 % white.
yr ronin,
joey
mc1227 Profile Photomc1227 Profile Photo
mc1227
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
rodham toaster strudels #21
Posted: 1/8/08 at 11:41pm
Hillary is one of the toughest people around. She continually takes hits from all sides and survives. She's been hit by the health care industry, Congress, political pundits, men, women and most of all her husband. Still she stands and moves forward. You may not like her, but you have to respect her resilence. Well done and the only thing better than seeing this victory, is listening to the dumb ass political "experts" who were wrong. Sweet!!!!
The only review of a show that matters is your own.
pab
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
rodham toaster strudels #22
Posted: 1/8/08 at 11:43pm
"Yeah... because there's nothing significant at all about a black man winning a farming state in the midwest that's 95 % white."

Your "there have never been candidates like them" statement cuts a wide swath. There HAVE been candidates like them in many aspects of their campaigns. Maybe if you were more specific about what you were trying to say, like what you said in your response, your point would have been more clear.
javero Profile Photojavero Profile Photo
javero
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
rodham toaster strudels #23
Posted: 1/8/08 at 11:44pm
and I still stand by my "let's pick running mates for Huckabee & Obama" thread.

Last year this time any claim that Obama would lose narrowly to Clinton in NH and Huckabee would come in a respectable 3rd would have been dismissed as lunacy.

This is turning into a very interesting race.
#FactsMatter...your feelings not so much.
pab
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
rodham toaster strudels #24
Posted: 1/8/08 at 11:45pm
"and I still stand by my "let's pick running mates for Huckabee & Obama" thread."

Good luck with that.