Good News

Mr Roxy Profile PhotoMr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Good News#1
Posted: 1/8/08 at 6:02pm
I could not say anything before as Mrs R asked me not to

In April 2007, 2 months before her mother died , she got laid off from an 8 year job due to a merger . It was really a take over & the new company is an absolute hell hole to work in

Mrs R just got a new job (starts 1/21). It is a great job with a very nice starting salary, good benefits & she can speak french as it is a French company

We are tentatively planing a week in Vegas this summer & will stay at the new hotel complex next to the Venetian. We will also try to spend next Christmas in Paris.

Thank God it is over
Poster Emeritus
TheatreDiva90016 Profile PhotoTheatreDiva90016 Profile Photo
TheatreDiva90016
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Good News#2
Posted: 1/8/08 at 6:13pm
YEA!!!

Congratulations to her!

In the immortal words of Pia Zadora,

"This could be the start of something, BIG!!!!!!!!"
"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> “I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post.” <<>> -whatever2
Mr Roxy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Good News#2
Posted: 1/8/08 at 6:15pm
Merci as they say in French
Poster Emeritus
TheatreDiva90016 Profile PhotoTheatreDiva90016 Profile Photo
TheatreDiva90016
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Good News#3
Posted: 1/8/08 at 6:17pm
So much good news in one day!

I may have to be a little less bitchy.
"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> “I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post.” <<>> -whatever2
Mr Roxy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Good News#4
Posted: 1/8/08 at 6:21pm
Sacrifices need to be made.
Poster Emeritus
nitsua Profile Photonitsua Profile Photo
nitsua
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Good News#5
Posted: 1/8/08 at 6:22pm
The Venetian is nice! Good choice.
"Writing is like prostitution. First, you do it for love, then you do it for a few friends, and finally you do it for money." ~ Moliere
Mr Roxy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Good News#6
Posted: 1/8/08 at 6:24pm
We stayed at The Ventian a few months after it opened> Never stay at a hotel until it has been open for 6 months so it gets the kinks out.

This is an addition called The Palazzo. We will see Jersy Boys again plus Bette Midler & Barry Manilow if we can get tickets
Poster Emeritus
FindingNamo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Good News#7
Posted: 1/8/08 at 6:29pm
I'm actually a little surprised as I thought you were profoundly anti-French? Maybe the Mrs. didn't mention that on the interview?

Still, best of luck to her. I mean, it's weird timing what with Merrill Lynch publishing a paper saying that the U.S. is in a recession and the old last-hired-first-fired rule, but I'm sure the French company is strong and won't be one of the many that is forced to cut back on U.S. operations. I mean, I'm sure it's way too early to stick a fork in this new job offer. But still, the Mrs. might want to not burn any bridges at the current hell hole.

Parce qu'il serait certainement une honte pour voir un autre mauvais virage d'événements dans les contes de Roxy de jamais-fin de malheur. La bonne chance, en tout cas.
Can you hear me now? Twitter: @NamoInExile
nitsua Profile Photonitsua Profile Photo
nitsua
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Good News#8
Posted: 1/8/08 at 6:30pm
One of my friends is trying to get a part in Jersey Boys as a background musician. Right now he's in the Phantom orchestra and he hates it!

I'm glad everything's going well, Roxy.

Tickets have been on sale for Bette since May '07.
"Writing is like prostitution. First, you do it for love, then you do it for a few friends, and finally you do it for money." ~ Moliere
Updated On: 1/8/08 at 06:30 PM
Mr Roxy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Good News#9
Posted: 1/8/08 at 6:31pm
Good luck to him.
Poster Emeritus
peach
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Good News#10
Posted: 1/9/08 at 10:16am
Yeah for Mrs. R.! I am glad things worked out. Enjoy your vacation!
Mister Matt Profile PhotoMister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Good News#11
Posted: 1/9/08 at 11:47am
Congrats to her on her new job. And congrats to me on mine.

YAY!
"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian
RetroBoy
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Good News#12
Posted: 1/9/08 at 11:50am
I'm happy for you and Mrs. Roxy. Great way to start off the year. I hope you both have a great time in Vegas!
Mister Matt
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Good News#13
Posted: 1/9/08 at 12:03pm
Actually, we're back from Vegas and had a wonderful time. Thank you! And anyone who plans a trip to Vegas MUST get tickets to Le Reve at the Wynn. It was one of the most visually breathtaking shows I've ever seen. Worth every penny.

Mr Roxy - Now that your wife will be raking in the dough, perhaps you can plan a Vegas trip. YAY!
SonofMammaMiaSam Profile PhotoSonofMammaMiaSam Profile Photo
SonofMammaMiaSam
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Good News#14
Posted: 1/9/08 at 12:06pm
Congrats to all!

I'm off to Las Vegas on the 22nd MM, I'll take your advice!

Mr. Roxy, perhaps now the missus can buy a nice comfortable pair of go-anywhere black pumps.
Mister Matt
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Good News#15
Posted: 1/9/08 at 12:29pm
SOMMS - I also recommend the buffet at Mandalay Bay (lunch was excellent) and a visit to the Fontana bar at the Bellagio. Be sure to request a table outside (they have outdoor heaters) so you can get a full unobstructed view of the dancing waters. Between 6-8 pm is your best shot for nighttime viewing. Have fun!
FindingNamo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Good News#16
Posted: 1/9/08 at 1:36pm
Okay, I recommed Cravings, the buffet at The Mirage. They built me a salad that was the most delicious I had ever had in my life. We went back because I kept, you guessed it, craving another salad and I wanted to see if the deliciousness was a fluke. But it wasn't. Of course, all those veggies don't have to travel across the country and lose their flavor along the way, like the taste-free things we're fed on the east coast.

Matt, have you ever seen "O," the Cirque show? Because that was one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen. I know La Reve is by the same creator... and I'm wondering how they really compare.
SonofMammaMiaSam Profile PhotoSonofMammaMiaSam Profile Photo
SonofMammaMiaSam
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Good News#17
Posted: 1/9/08 at 1:43pm
Cravings it is! I'm so easy. I've seen O, Namo, so I'll report back on La Reve.
Mister Matt
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Good News#18
Posted: 1/9/08 at 2:22pm
re: Good News

Namo - It's kind of funny you mention Cravings as we were staying at the Mirage and never ate there mainly because either the line was too long or we were at other hotels during mealtimes.

Actually, we saw O and Le Reve. We liked O a lot, but the unfortunate thing was we saw Le Reve first. O was beautiful, but in the end, it was mostly the standard Cirque show with water. As a Cirque show, it is defintely one of the best, but I have to admit it was something of a letdown when compared to Le Reve. Le Reve is quite similar and includes elements of Cirque du Soleil (clowns, music, acrobatics) and it's quite obvious O was the inspiration, but Le Reve took the idea to new levels of ingenuity and artistry. Some of the visual images of Le Reve were quite literally unbelievable. And the way they utilized and incorporated the water in the show was much more innovative and cohesive than O. It's sort of like they combined Cirque du Soleil with old-fashioned Vegas Folies Bergere and gave it a mighty heave into the new millenium. In addition to the acrobatics and (very clever) syncronized swimming, they also included some latin ballroom and a huge dance production number on an immense multi-platformed set covered in fountains rising from the water. My somewhat reserved boyfriend actually spoke in superlatives when describing the show to friends, which is incredibly rare.

Oh, and the men are TO DIE FOR. There is even a scene of sexual awkening and homoerotic imagery that is both intense and touching. To say the show is sophisticated would be an understatement. It is a massive achievement in both art and entertainment.

Check out the video on the website if you haven't already. Click on Entertainment at the top, then Le Reve at the bottom.
Le Reve at Wynn

Mr Roxy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Good News#19
Posted: 1/9/08 at 5:49pm
Congratulations on your new job Mr Matt. Thanks to you & Retro Boy

To Son Of Mama Mia Sam - Mrs R calls pumps "F me pumps " & cannot walk in them anymore. Maybe if she had them on The Campbell Apartment would have let us in

Poster Emeritus
FindingNamo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Good News#20
Posted: 1/9/08 at 6:00pm
So Mrs. Roxy coined that phrase?
DAME
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Good News#21
Posted: 1/9/08 at 7:14pm
Please check out "Love" at the Mirage. Sorry.. much better show than Le Reve.
HUSSY POWER! ------ HUSSY POWER!
Updated On: 1/9/08 at 07:14 PM