Dita Von Teese

romantico Profile Photoromantico Profile Photo
romantico
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Dita Von Teese#1
Posted: 1/7/08 at 6:12pm
I love her and really admire her . Any other fans of hers?

Dita Von Teese

Dita Von Teese

Dita Von Teese
'There are three sides to every story. My side, your side, and the truth. And no one is lying. Memories shared serve each one differently' -Robert Evans-
blueroses
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Dita Von Teese#2
Posted: 1/7/08 at 6:20pm
She's stunning!
TheatreDiva90016 Profile PhotoTheatreDiva90016 Profile Photo
TheatreDiva90016
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Dita Von Teese#2
Posted: 1/7/08 at 6:22pm
I got to meet her and hang with her at that party after Rufus Wainrights concert.

I had no idea who she 'was' till I came home and Googled her.

She is so beautiful in person, it hurts.
"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post. <<>> -whatever2
flicker_ Profile Photoflicker_ Profile Photo
flicker_
Stand-by
Stand-by
re: Dita Von Teese#3
Posted: 1/7/08 at 6:26pm
She has the best style on the planet. I myself am into that 40s/50s pin-up girl look, so I like her a lot. Plus, she just seems so comfortable in her sexuality. She's not afraid to be sexy.
Opera is when a guy gets stabbed in the back and, instead of bleeding, he sings.
romantico
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Dita Von Teese#4
Posted: 1/7/08 at 6:27pm
I watched a documentary this weekend called 'Indie Sex" and she is not only smart but beuatiful. She is a burlesque performer and she has brought back a lost art and intorduced it to a new generation. She is our Bettie Page. She dresses in 40's glamour and is a smart business woman. I would LOVE to see her show. My question is, why isn't she more famous? In Europe she gets mobbed and has such a following. Could it be that Amerians are afraid of anything sexual?

http://www.dita.net

http://www.dita.net/shows.php
'There are three sides to every story. My side, your side, and the truth. And no one is lying. Memories shared serve each one differently' -Robert Evans-
Updated On: 1/7/08 at 06:27 PM
TheatreDiva90016
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Dita Von Teese#5
Posted: 1/7/08 at 6:27pm
And, she told me, she does her own hair?!

I gotta love a woman who can do that to herself!
"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post. <<>> -whatever2
justagirl2 Profile Photojustagirl2 Profile Photo
justagirl2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Dita Von Teese#6
Posted: 1/7/08 at 6:29pm
Awww, a Michigan girl! She's from a city about 20 minutes from my home. She has always struck me as very savvy and intelligent, and, of course, beautiful. I've always liked her.
romantico
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Dita Von Teese#7
Posted: 1/7/08 at 6:30pm
I've decided to buy a phot of hers and have it framed. I may put it in my bathroom. My problem is, there are SO MANY to choose from. I don't think $35 is bad for her to personalize it and seal it with a lipstick kiss , do you? Damn, she's stunning! I'd love to see her in a feature films. Paging Tim Burton or David Lynch!!!!
blueroses
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Dita Von Teese#8
Posted: 1/7/08 at 6:34pm
"I myself am into that 40s/50s pin-up girl look, so I like her a lot. Plus, she just seems so comfortable in her sexuality. She's not afraid to be sexy."

I know. Plus, I love my fellow pale girls. re: Dita Von Teese
romantico
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Dita Von Teese#9
Posted: 1/7/08 at 6:39pm
re: Dita Von Teese

Jane2 Profile PhotoJane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Dita Von Teese#10
Posted: 1/7/08 at 10:48pm
Is she still with Marilyn Manson?
<-----I'M TOTES ROLLING MY EYES
blueroses
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Dita Von Teese#11
Posted: 1/7/08 at 10:50pm
I thought he dumped her for Evan Rachel Wood.
Jane2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Dita Von Teese#12
Posted: 1/7/08 at 10:56pm
You're probably right.
justagirl2 Profile Photojustagirl2 Profile Photo
justagirl2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Dita Von Teese#13
Posted: 1/7/08 at 10:57pm
Yeah, they divorced about a year ago.
romantico
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Dita Von Teese#14
Posted: 1/8/08 at 9:46am
She's better off. She could do alot better than him. I admire her for sticking with it and trying to make it work. Heres a pretty good article.

http://radaronline.com/features/2007/07/dita_von_teese_marilyn_manson_burlesque_indie_sex_ifc_1.php

TheatreDiva90016
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Dita Von Teese#15
Posted: 1/8/08 at 1:37pm
Uhm, she dumped HIM for cheating.

[In previous interviews she has referenced Manson's "inappropriate behavior" during their marriage, which some fans have interpreted to mean an extramarital relationship with 19-year-old Evan Rachel Wood. Manson has denied this, and Dita declined to elaborate.]
Revolutionary Profile PhotoRevolutionary Profile Photo
Revolutionary
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Dita Von Teese#16
Posted: 1/8/08 at 2:51pm
I would go lesbo for Dita in a halfsecond. She's just so unbelievably lush and gorgeous that I can't stand it...I mean, she's that perfect mix of pure sex, old school glamour, burlesque, and high fashion and no one does that combo better. I remember coming across a pictorial of hers for the first time in Allure magazine a few years ago, and I was completely at a loss for words.

You would think that she would've known what she was getting into when she married Manson though. Oh well, on to bigger and better things. She deserves someone better. Like me. :)

ps- and I think it's hilarious that Evan Rachel Wood is now like, Dita's mini me... Seriously, she's copied her exact style, even down to the hairdo.

Updated On: 1/8/08 at 02:51 PM
doodlenyc Profile Photodoodlenyc Profile Photo
doodlenyc
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Dita Von Teese#17
Posted: 1/8/08 at 2:58pm
yes....and I find it absolutely creepy (tho she is beautiful) because it seems that Manson has "groomed" her that way, or something.

It's like John Derek marrying the same woman 3 times, when they got too old, he dumped them for their younger selves...ick!
"Carson has combined his passion for helping children with his love for one of Cincinnati's favorite past times - cornhole - to create a unique and exciting event perfect for a corporate outing, entertaining clients or family fun."

"In Oz, the verb is douchifizzation." PRS

Updated On: 1/8/08 at 02:58 PM
Jane2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Dita Von Teese#18
Posted: 1/8/08 at 3:02pm
He does seem to prefer a "look". Rose McGowan, Dita, who else? (besides Evan Rachel Wood).
Revolutionary Profile PhotoRevolutionary Profile Photo
Revolutionary
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Dita Von Teese#19
Posted: 1/8/08 at 3:13pm
Maybe it was Evan's own doing? She probably wakes up every morning and feels like she has some big shoes to fill...

withoutlovewithoutU Profile PhotowithoutlovewithoutU Profile Photo
withoutlovewithoutU
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Dita Von Teese#20
Posted: 1/8/08 at 4:11pm
I love Dita. Really nobody does old school glamour better.

"If we don't live happily ever after at least we survive until the end of the week!" -Kermit the frog "I need the money... it costs a lot to look this cheap!" -Dolly P. "Oh please, Over at 'Gypsy' Patti LuPone hasn't even alienated her first daughter yet!" Mary Testa in "Xanadu" "...Like a drunk Chita Rivera!" Robin de Jesus in "In the Heights"

"B*tch, I don't know your life." -Xanadu After that if he still doesn't understand why you were uncomfortable and are now infuriated, kick him again but this time with Jazz Hands!!! -KillerTofu
scott68 Profile Photoscott68 Profile Photo
scott68
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Dita Von Teese#21
Posted: 1/8/08 at 4:19pm
She's absolutely stunning. Definitely far too good for Marilyn Manson (and I don't even dislike him, she's just too awesome).
"Why, I make more money than... than... than Calvin Coolidge! PUT TOGETHER!"
~Lina Lamont

My name wasn't, isn't, and will never be Scott.
romantico
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Dita Von Teese#22
Posted: 1/8/08 at 5:02pm
I saw some rather hardcore pics of hers and must say, if it were anyone else no matter how good looking, I would view them in a different way. I agree about the mix of sexuality,glamour and high fashion. I've also seen some videos of her on youtube and she is very well spoken and elegant. She's the type I can bring home to mom and even my grandmother. She would remind them of old Hollywood and present a sense of class. The again, I could also intorduce them to my Dad and guy friends and they would see a totally different image.

I think she should be doing movies and maybe as she gets older she will. She has said she won't be doing this much longer, but I had no idea she was 35. I thought she was maybe 27 or 28. Its that pearl white skin I think. Not that 35 is old, but I can see her doing her act for atleast another 10 years. Still, I could see her in LA Confidential or any old retro period piece. Seems like she's made for David Lynch or Tim Burton type of films. She would have been a great in the new Indiana Jones film!
romantico
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Dita Von Teese#23
Posted: 6/24/08 at 2:37pm
Does anyone know if she has done any films other than adult orientated stuff?

Her and David Lynch seem to be made for each other. Why isn't she doing any films? I mean, if Paris Hilton can do movie after movie and can not act, why can't Dita?

I would love to see her burlesque show.
romantico
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Dita Von Teese#24
Posted: 7/9/10 at 4:49pm
I'm in love with her new Perrier campaign!

http://perrierbydita.com/