Ralph Wiggum for President!

JoeKv99 Profile PhotoJoeKv99 Profile Photo
JoeKv99
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Ralph Wiggum for President!#1
Posted: 1/6/08 at 8:36pm
Ralph Wiggum for President!

I'm picking a winner! Won't you pick one too?

No good can possibly come from using this vast wasteland of error and deliberate deceit. You should get off of it and warn others away. You should make sure your children and grandchildren know what a corrupt and morally bankrupt institution it truly is.
JoeKv99
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Ralph Wiggum for President!#2
Posted: 1/6/08 at 9:03pm
Under president Wiggum, the only boom-booms will be in his pants!
No good can possibly come from using this vast wasteland of error and deliberate deceit. You should get off of it and warn others away. You should make sure your children and grandchildren know what a corrupt and morally bankrupt institution it truly is.
nitsua Profile Photonitsua Profile Photo
nitsua
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Ralph Wiggum for President!#2
Posted: 1/6/08 at 9:04pm
Only if Lisa marries him!
"Writing is like prostitution. First, you do it for love, then you do it for a few friends, and finally you do it for money." ~ Moliere
JoeKv99
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Ralph Wiggum for President!#3
Posted: 1/6/08 at 9:05pm
Then she'd be First Ladle!
Mandi Moo Profile PhotoMandi Moo Profile Photo
Mandi Moo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Ralph Wiggum for President!#4
Posted: 1/6/08 at 9:12pm
Does that mean that she'd run for president 15 years from now? I'm down with that.
Yankeefan007
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Ralph Wiggum for President!#5
Posted: 1/6/08 at 9:14pm
Brilliant episode. Harkens back to the days when the show was still...you know, funny?
JoeKv99
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Ralph Wiggum for President!#6
Posted: 1/6/08 at 9:16pm
I think Lisa is 8, so she won't be eligible till 2035. But, since she hasn't aged at all in the 18 years the show has been on, I don't really know when she'll turn 35. They did have an episode a while back where Lisa was the first Heterosexual Woman President.
mateo Profile Photomateo Profile Photo
mateo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Ralph Wiggum for President!#7
Posted: 1/6/08 at 9:18pm
Shouldn't his campaign slogan be, "Choo Choo Choose Me." ?
"Zac is sweet as can be. He's very much just a sweet kid from California who happens to have a face that looks like it was drawn by Michelangelo, (if Michelangelo did anime)."
-Adam Shankman.

"I haven't left this building since Windows 3.1!"

"Celebrating a birthday this week: Rene Descartes is 412! Do you know who he is? Then why are you watching this show? You could probably get into college and even get one of those job things. As for the rest of us; Amanda Bynes is 22! Yay!"
-E!'s "The Soup"
FindingNamo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Ralph Wiggum for President!#8
Posted: 1/6/08 at 9:19pm
Only people who haven't watched the show consistently over the years think it only used to be funny.

"Lisa, being president is easy. You just point the army and shoot."
Can you hear me now? Twitter: @NamoInExile
JoeKv99
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Ralph Wiggum for President!#9
Posted: 1/6/08 at 9:30pm
The Simpsons is consistently one of the best-written shows on TV> Sadly, it is competing with it's own legend. I thought this episode was one of the funniest half hours of television--ever.

And it ranged from the ridiculous to the sublime- I loved the blond pundit with the Greek Accent- so obviously Arianna Huffington, I'm sad she she didn't voice it herself. Did you notice the joke about her "ex-husband" getting his buttless tuxedo pressed for the inaugural?
Calvin Profile PhotoCalvin Profile Photo
Calvin
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Ralph Wiggum for President!#10
Posted: 1/6/08 at 9:32pm
Wow, the Rush Limbaugh clone (I can't remember his name) actually got a line for the first time since, well, the time Sideshow Bob ran for mayor.
Gothampc
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Ralph Wiggum for President!#11
Posted: 1/6/08 at 9:37pm
The writing on this show is tired. This episode wasn't funny. It wasn't as sharp as in previous years. Watch the reruns and see what a good show it used to be. The only creative thing about the show was the medieval feud in the opening credits between the Simpsons and Flanders. The only line that was even remotely funny was "Roll over Ann Coulter and tell James Carville..." And it was a bit funny to have Hillary Clinton on the phone yelling at Bill.
If anyone ever tells you that you put too much Parmesan cheese on your pasta, stop talking to them. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life.
Updated On: 1/6/08 at 09:37 PM
Roninjoey Profile PhotoRoninjoey Profile Photo
Roninjoey
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Ralph Wiggum for President!#12
Posted: 1/6/08 at 9:38pm
Lisa was already president.

Didn't Stephen Colbert do this joke already? :P
yr ronin,
joey
SpellingBeeFan4Ever Profile PhotoSpellingBeeFan4Ever Profile Photo
SpellingBeeFan4Ever
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Ralph Wiggum for President!#13
Posted: 1/6/08 at 9:38pm
I missed it. re: Ralph Wiggum for President!
He's a faker, and you've been taken in by his con. And in doing so, you are enabling him. He is doing more damage to aspergers than papa's words ever could. -Chane/Liverpool on me having asperger syndrome.
Yankeefan007
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Ralph Wiggum for President!#14
Posted: 1/6/08 at 9:42pm
Birch Barlow is the name of the Limbaugh take-off. Haven't seen him in years. In fact, I loved the whole Republican gathering. Great throw-back to when the show was still funny.

In fact, I actually have watched the show since the beginning, and can remember a time when any given episode was funny from minute 1 to minute 22.

The humor was sharp-as-a-tack (I remind you of the Ayn Rand Daycare Center). Homer wasn't mentally retarded, he was just an oaf.

Tonight's epsiode was one of their better political send-ups. But I must agree with Gotham. Watch the reruns and see how funny it used to be.
papalovesmambo Profile Photopapalovesmambo Profile Photo
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
ralph wiggum for president!#15
Posted: 1/6/08 at 9:44pm
it's just like the limousine liberal manhattan elite hard core communist backers of the radical gay agenda and all of its america hatred to get behind a wiggum candidacy.

how convenient that they are willing to ignore ralph's own family history of genetic experimentation and callous abuse of the public trust by political appointees. not to mention the abuse heaped by the wiggum family over the years on the minority population of springfield by clancy with his rubber hose and his bull connor fantasies. ask apu how he'd truly like to see a wiggum in the white house and you'll see just how america's decisions fan the flames of jihad worldwide!

you commies make me wanna puke.
r.i.p. marco, my guardian angel.

...global warming can manifest itself as heat, cool, precipitation, storms, drought, wind, or any other phenomenon, much like a shapeshifter. -- jim geraghty

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

fenchurch=mejusthavingfun=magwildwood=mmousefan=bkcollector=bradmajors=somethingtotalkabout: the fenchurch mpd collective
jasonf Profile Photojasonf Profile Photo
jasonf
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
ralph wiggum for president!#16
Posted: 1/6/08 at 10:47pm
The line about the Patriot Act erasing the constitution to protect our freedoms made me rewind the DVR twice because I was laughing so hard. Great episode.

The Simpsons have done over 400 episodes. I've watched the show since it started, seen probably just about every episode. While some are clunkers, the fact that they have made SO many great half hours of television excuses those few bad ones. Hell, think of it this way - say 100 of those episodes sucked. That's nearly five seasons worth of duds -- but amongst those are over 300 good to great episodes - more than any other tv show can claim!
Hi, Shirley Temple Pudding.
FindingNamo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
ralph wiggum for president!#17
Posted: 1/6/08 at 10:50pm
There is simply no way that five seasons of shows have sucked, and yes I know that you just pulled that number hypothetically. I would say that they blow on average two to three episodes per season. Maximum.

Even if people addicted to nostalgia say the show today isn't as good as the earlier ones, it's still the best show on prime time television. Easily.
jasonf Profile Photojasonf Profile Photo
jasonf
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
ralph wiggum for president!#18
Posted: 1/6/08 at 10:52pm
Exactly Namo -- I agree with you completely - just making a point that even if it WAS that low an average, you'd have to cut them some slack! The only episodes I ever really find bad are the fully Marge-centric ones. She's not a strong enough character to carry a whole show. That, and the Armin Tanzerian one (which I think the WRITERS knew sucked, given the way they ended it!)
Hi, Shirley Temple Pudding.
Gothampc
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
ralph wiggum for president!#19
Posted: 1/6/08 at 10:53pm
"While some are clunkers, the fact that they have made SO many great half hours of television excuses those few bad ones."

But in the past there haven't been whole seasons that stank. Last season fizzled and it was a short season because they had to work on the movie. This season is a short season because of the writers strike. You can tell it's going to be a stinky season when they rerun same season episodes before Christmas.
If anyone ever tells you that you put too much Parmesan cheese on your pasta, stop talking to them. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life.
FindingNamo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
ralph wiggum for president!#20
Posted: 1/6/08 at 10:59pm
But Goth, these perceptions of yours are not reflected in reality. How many episodes were there in the allegedly "short" season last 2006/2007? 22.

That's down a whopping 0 from the season before, which also featured 22 episodes.
CyCoSpAz2 Profile PhotoCyCoSpAz2 Profile Photo
CyCoSpAz2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
JoeKv99
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
ralph wiggum for president!#22
Posted: 1/7/08 at 10:30am
I am sory I can't support a president who is in bed with the Nuclear Power industry. Ralph all the way!
mominator Profile Photomominator Profile Photo
mominator
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
ralph wiggum for president!#23
Posted: 1/7/08 at 10:57am
This was a cute episode. Maybe, just maybe there is a lot more to Ralph than meets the eye.
"All I ask of you is one thing: please don't be cynical. I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen." Conan O'Brien
Calvin Profile PhotoCalvin Profile Photo
Calvin
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
ralph wiggum for president!#24
Posted: 1/7/08 at 10:58am
Isn't Lenny supposed to become president at some point in time?