hypothetical political exercise

papalovesmambo Profile Photopapalovesmambo Profile Photo
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
hypothetical political exercise#1
Posted: 1/4/08 at 5:34pm
suppose you knew that the opposing party's candidate for president was going to win and that there was no way to stop it. however, miracle of miracles, you and you alone can choose which of the candidates it would be. so you can handpick the next president. the catch is that you have to pick from the other party's candidates. whoever you choose will be the next president.

the choices:

democrats - clinton, obama, edwards, richardson and kucinich
republicans - huckabee, romney, mccain, thompson and giuliani

my choice is richardson.

r.i.p. marco, my guardian angel.

...global warming can manifest itself as heat, cool, precipitation, storms, drought, wind, or any other phenomenon, much like a shapeshifter. -- jim geraghty

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

fenchurch=mejusthavingfun=magwildwood=mmousefan=bkcollector=bradmajors=somethingtotalkabout: the fenchurch mpd collective
SueleenGay Profile PhotoSueleenGay Profile Photo
SueleenGay
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: hypothetical political exercise#2
Posted: 1/4/08 at 5:40pm
Okay, I will play your silly little game...although it is like asking which hurts more, sticking a flaming hot poker in your eye, or having your toenails pulled out slowly with a pair of needle-nosed pliers.

McCain.

NO, Giuliani.

NO! McCain...

Shoot, I don't wanna play anymore.
PEACE.
YouWantitWhen???? Profile PhotoYouWantitWhen???? Profile Photo
YouWantitWhen????
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: hypothetical political exercise#2
Posted: 1/4/08 at 5:42pm
McCain.
jrb_actor Profile Photojrb_actor Profile Photo
jrb_actor
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
javero Profile Photojavero Profile Photo
javero
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: hypothetical political exercise#4
Posted: 1/4/08 at 5:44pm
McCain--his immigration packgage was the most thought out (and practical); he's a former prisoner of war; he supports school vouchers and gun control; and he opposed Bush's advanced interrogation techniques.

#FactsMatter...your feelings not so much.
Updated On: 1/4/08 at 05:44 PM
FindingNamo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: hypothetical political exercise#5
Posted: 1/4/08 at 5:49pm
It's almost impossible for me to do this without knowing who the vice president will be. If I pick crazy McCain, you know he'll kick the bucket before finishing one term. If I pick Lazy Thompson he'll just end up resigning the presidency due to lack of interest. I couldn't pick Rudy because I just don't want to hear "nine-eleven" four times a day for the next four years and besides which he was so bad at disaster preparedness as Mayor, the terrorists will probably just pick him off at one of his inaugural balls. Romney will end up resigning in disgrace and retiring to his Mormon planet. That leaves Huckabee, who already looks like the After picture you see of a haggard president at the end of his term. He's gonna stress eat for the next three years until he explodes like John Cleese in The Meaning of Life.

So I pick Bill Weld.
Can you hear me now? Twitter: @NamoInExile
Gothampc
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: hypothetical political exercise#6
Posted: 1/4/08 at 5:50pm
"he's a former prisoner of war"

How does this experience make him fit to be POTUS?
If anyone ever tells you that you put too much Parmesan cheese on your pasta, stop talking to them. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life.
javero Profile Photojavero Profile Photo
javero
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: hypothetical political exercise#7
Posted: 1/4/08 at 5:57pm
He has first-hand knowledge of "torture" techniques and would bolster morale for those brave troops that put themselves in harm's way daily to secure what I consider to be my inviolable rights, free speech amongst others. There's another component of POTUS. That is Commander-in-Chief a duty not to trusted to a rank amateur. In my opinion, he is the candidate most qualified from either party to hold the title but not my [real] choice POTUS & CIC.

#FactsMatter...your feelings not so much.
Updated On: 1/4/08 at 05:57 PM
HDThoreau2 Profile PhotoHDThoreau2 Profile Photo
HDThoreau2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: hypothetical political exercise#8
Posted: 1/4/08 at 6:00pm
That's easy...

Osama/Obama
If Tom DeLay is The Hammer, then I proclaim a new title for the Speaker of the House, Nancy Pelosi: The Briber. Nancy Pelosi had to bribe her members with spinach to get their votes.
SueleenGay Profile PhotoSueleenGay Profile Photo
SueleenGay
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: hypothetical political exercise#9
Posted: 1/4/08 at 6:01pm
Which one is most likely to appoint Supreme Court Justices who will find discrimination based on sexual orientation unconstitutional?

Yea, that guy.
PEACE.
JustAGuy Profile PhotoJustAGuy Profile Photo
JustAGuy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: hypothetical political exercise#10
Posted: 1/4/08 at 6:03pm
McCain...blech! I feel dirty.
"Just a Guy. Your feelings are touching. I am gladdened by the thought that you will one day wind up 6 feet under as we all do." - MrRoxy ------ "I do not suggest you walk out the door onto a New York street with your vulnerable child part exposed and not protected..." - Jason Bennett
YouWantitWhen???? Profile PhotoYouWantitWhen???? Profile Photo
YouWantitWhen????
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: hypothetical political exercise#11
Posted: 1/4/08 at 6:03pm
Also, it may depend on the running mate ...
PalJoey Profile PhotoPalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: hypothetical political exercise#12
Posted: 1/4/08 at 6:29pm
I agree with jrby.
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: hypothetical political exercise#13
Posted: 1/4/08 at 6:31pm
nope, running mate is not an option we're gonna consider at this point.

jrb, you choice is void. choose from the options if you'd like to participate or go start your own game.

...global warming can manifest itself as heat, cool, precipitation, storms, drought, wind, or any other phenomenon, much like a shapeshifter. -- jim geraghty

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

fenchurch=mejusthavingfun=magwildwood=mmousefan=bkcollector=bradmajors=somethingtotalkabout: the fenchurch mpd collective
PalJoey
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
pointless political exercise#14
Posted: 1/4/08 at 6:33pm
I still agree with jrby. The point of your game is that not only are all the Republican choices unacceptable to jrb and me--THEY ARE ALSO UNACCEPTABLE TO REPUBLICAN VOTERS!
Updated On: 1/4/08 at 06:33 PM
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
pointless political exercise#15
Posted: 1/4/08 at 6:40pm
oh did i mention that those who choose to post without choosing or refuse to follow the rules are shot. not the peppering either. .50 hollowpoint from a desert eagle right between the eyes blowing out the back of the head and taking what little brain matter it finds with it. the fact that you cannot even bring yourself to even conduct an exercise like this - but that you feel compelled to pop in and bawl like a pinched babies - says so very much about you. none of it good.

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

PalJoey
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
pointless political exercise#16
Posted: 1/4/08 at 6:51pm
Awww...sounds like somebody needs his Friday-evening Scotchy-poo!

pointless political exercise
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
pointless political exercise#17
Posted: 1/4/08 at 6:51pm
i'm on antibiotics and i will cut your head off and wear it as a hat.

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

jrb_actor
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
pointless political exercise#18
Posted: 1/4/08 at 6:54pm
Wow. Just like Fox News, eh? The message board too small to include him?

My choice is still Ron Paul, and you can do us all a favor and quit acting like a deranged child.
TheatreDiva90016 Profile PhotoTheatreDiva90016 Profile Photo
TheatreDiva90016
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
pointless political exercise#19
Posted: 1/4/08 at 6:55pm
McCain.

If I HAD to choose...
"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post. <<>> -whatever2
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
pointless political exercise#20
Posted: 1/4/08 at 7:02pm
well, i'm glad to see that you'll be supporting a candidate who defended doma, still opposes the civil rights act, supports a state's rights to outlaw sodomy, supports dadt and who would outlaw abortion. that's yer guy? keep on coloring outside the lines, jrb, yer still an itty bitty unibrowed near-mongoloid with enough short man complex for all of munckinland.

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

jrb_actor
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
pointless political exercise#21
Posted: 1/4/08 at 7:27pm
who is acting like a big baby?

i'm not going to support him in any way. I would just rather see him (the most libertarian) over that terrific bunch of a holes.

but, do please make this personal and make insulting comments that aren't even related to the issue at hand, indicating that you were just aching to pounce on me. and I know you've been dying to spar with me as any time I make any kind of political comment, no matter how benign, you try to turn it into a fight and a personal one at that.

and the fact is that until this thread, I haven't referred to you in any political comments, nor given two craps about you or what you think in well over a year.

we are not friends. we are not political debate buddies. you don't know crap about me. I don't know what happened to you, but you have not been a decent guy in a very long time.

so get over your drunken, jerkish self, big baby, and tackle some real problems in your life--not whether or not someone plays your little game properly.

otherwise, take your ball and go home.
madbrian Profile Photomadbrian Profile Photo
madbrian
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
pointless political exercise#22
Posted: 1/4/08 at 7:41pm
I would choose Obama.
"It does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are 20 gods or no god. It neither picks my pocket, nor breaks my leg." -- Thomas Jefferson
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
pointless political exercise#23
Posted: 1/4/08 at 8:01pm
oh please, i would have attacked any brain-dead simpleton who refused the options just to get some attention. well you got it. ya don't like it, go make a video about it. i'm sure that all three viewers will agree with your sentiments.

wait, madbrian you're a republican?

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

jrb_actor
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
pointless political exercise#24
Posted: 1/4/08 at 8:16pm
I didn't choose Ron Paul to get attention, you idiot. I chose him because he's the only one who is against this pointless war. but go on living in fantasy stupor all you like while spewing marilyn mansonesque bon mots.