Page: 1

Man, conservatives sure LOVE Hilary Cinton!

JoeKv99 Profile PhotoJoeKv99 Profile Photo
JoeKv99
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
That's the one thing we learned from the Iowa Caucauses: Nothing makes the right wingers tingle like the junior Senator from New York.

Some of my favorite moments: Rush Limbaugh called in to Fox to cry that "Hilary is the inevitible nominee! Her selection has been inevitable from the start. It is unfathomable she lost!" He sounded so morose. He must have said "Inevitible nominee" eight times. You'd think he'd be crying that the only Republican he even likes a little bit got beat like Grandma's dirty parlor rug, but all he he could do is grump about Clinton.

On CNN, after one host spent a good five minutes annointing Barack Obama as the Democratic nominee and drooling over his massive, 37% plurality, he moved on to rip into Clinton, finally saying "Don't you see! TWO THIRDS OF THE VOTERS voted AGAINST HILARY CLINTON! There is NO WAY she can come back after that sort of shellacking."

Finally his co-host had to say, "Well, if you look at it THAT WAY, TWO THIRDS of the voters voted AGAINST Barack Obama. AND TWO THIRDS of the voters voted AGAINST John Edwards, too"

Why does Hilary Clinton inspire that sort of crazy love from the Righties?
No good can possibly come from using this vast wasteland of error and deliberate deceit. You should get off of it and warn others away. You should make sure your children and grandchildren know what a corrupt and morally bankrupt institution it truly is.
tazber Profile Phototazber Profile Photo
tazber
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
She's still gonna get the nomination.
....but the world goes 'round
thetinymagic2 Profile Photothetinymagic2 Profile Photo
thetinymagic2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I agree with Tz and it was interesting to watch the caucuses LIVE on c-SPan.
I hate to say it, but this country still, in 2008 harbors a deep seated
xenophobia.
DG
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Because 'she' is just that - a 'she'.

At least in their minds.
JoeKv99
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I agree Taz. When you look at the national numbers, she's still way out in front. But I'd take any of them!
No good can possibly come from using this vast wasteland of error and deliberate deceit. You should get off of it and warn others away. You should make sure your children and grandchildren know what a corrupt and morally bankrupt institution it truly is.
uncageg Profile Photouncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I wanted her to take Iowa but I knew Obama would. Iowa has more of Obama's demographic voters. And it amazes me that I have already heard that he is going to get the nomination. I really think Hillary will get it. But you never know.
Just give the world Love.
Updated On: 1/4/08 at 03:20 AM
PalJoey Profile PhotoPalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
They love her because they can easily envision a scenario in which they drum up the hatred against her and she is beaten.

Obama represents an uncontrollable force to them--and that frightens them.
JoeKv99
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I think they envision a scenario that doesn't quite jibe with reality- I think the average voter right now would vote for anyone who could erase the memory of the Bush years.
javero Profile Photojavero Profile Photo
javero
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
DG,

I don't think that Senator Clinton's gender is the issue. It's that she has been fingered as a finger-in-the-wind political opportunist who for some reason can't articulate her vision for a better America with an ounce of warmth, sincerity or conviction.

Her "concession speech" last night was nearly as abominable as her holiday ad in which she passed out "bills" in effigy. John and Jane Q Public aren't interested in seeing a candidate for high office regurgitate policy statements or the black letter text of bills.

The other intangible that works against her is the cadence and pitch of her speaking voice, as well as that laugh, all of which are beyond annoying. It pained me to hear Sean Hannity suggest that she needs a "personality transplant" which of course received a generous round of chuckles from the Fox News oligarchs.

I think she adds most value in the Senate chamber. Obama as President working in tandem with Clinton and Biden in the Senate is a win-win. The one thing we can not afford as a nation is another unpopular divisive President even if itís it due to no fault of his or her own.

It bears repeating that politics is about compromise.

#FactsMatter...your feelings not so much.
Updated On: 1/4/08 at 10:53 AM
YouWantitWhen???? Profile PhotoYouWantitWhen???? Profile Photo
YouWantitWhen????
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I actually thought her speech last night was gracious and on message. You are right though, one of her weaknesses is that she is at best an average public speaker - she lacks Bill's warmth and that is a problem. She may still get the nomination, but they need to find a way to humanize her a bit more, without it appearing forced.

I found Obama's speech wonderful, and that speech alone may give him a second look by naysayers. I still have questions on his experience, but would consider him as well.

Edwards seemed like a bit of a sore loser - they voted for change John, but they didn't vote for you to be the person making the changes... My mom likes Edwards, but he rings a bit hollow for me for some reason.

Any of the three seem stronger than the current Republican field.

javero Profile Photojavero Profile Photo
javero
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
lol @ ...they voted for change John, but they didn't vote for you to be the person making the changes...

Lemme be serious for a moment. Like Edwards, I am a native of NC and feel some loyalty to him along these lines. However, he didn't carry his home state last time out, shook down the state's leading industry (tobacoo)as a trial lawyer in the not so distant past and slipped into "class warfare" during his self-proclaimed "voice over Hillary" speech last night. It's the last item that irked me.

I have zero tolerance long bout now for divisive negative campaigning. Edward's speech was extremely moving but too laden with "us against them" for my taste. Only mentions of inclusion and moving beyond the status quo resonate with me right now. That's why if I were a gasp...Republican, I'd be putting all my support behind Huckabee. Since I'm not, Obama's my guy.

He (Obama) must pick a running mate that can pull one of the fence straddling red states otherwise Huckabee might in the end be declared the Little Engine That Could.
#FactsMatter...your feelings not so much.
Updated On: 1/4/08 at 11:20 AM
PalJoey Profile PhotoPalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Your support of Huckabee disgusts me.
papalovesmambo Profile Photopapalovesmambo Profile Photo
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
he said if he was a republican.
r.i.p. marco, my guardian angel.

...global warming can manifest itself as heat, cool, precipitation, storms, drought, wind, or any other phenomenon, much like a shapeshifter. -- jim geraghty

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

fenchurch=mejusthavingfun=magwildwood=mmousefan=bkcollector=bradmajors=somethingtotalkabout: the fenchurch mpd collective
roquat
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
So-called "negative campaigning" can backfire, of course, but it is also sometimes necessary. There's no real way to soft-pedal "my opponent is a pandering homophobe who couldn't find his own country on a map." The trick is knowing when and where--and making yourself look forceful and no-nonsense rather than backstabbing.
I ask in all honesty/What would life be?/Without a song and a dance, what are we?/So I say "Thank you for the music/For giving it to me."
HDThoreau2 Profile PhotoHDThoreau2 Profile Photo
HDThoreau2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Hillary's loss in Iowa is the biggest political story in the last year.

The drive-bys tried to bury it.

She came in third!
If Tom DeLay is The Hammer, then I proclaim a new title for the Speaker of the House, Nancy Pelosi: The Briber. Nancy Pelosi had to bribe her members with spinach to get their votes.
JoeKv99
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Who are the Drive-bys?