Page: 1

Barbour Pleads Guilty to Lesser Counts in Exchange for 60-Day Sentence

Wanna Be A Foster Profile PhotoWanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
James Barbour, the Broadway actor who was recently seen in the world premiere of A Tale of Two Cities, has pleaded guilty to "two misdemeanor counts of endangering the welfare of a minor," according to the Associated Press.

The 41-year-old actor — who has appeared on Broadway in Assassins, Urinetown, Jane Eyre, Carousel, Cyrano - The Musical and Beauty and the Beast — had been indicted in 2006 on nine counts of engaging in criminal sexual acts, sexual abuse and endangering the welfare of a child.

Barbour, AP reports, admitted that he sexually touched a 15-year-old female fan when she visited him backstage following a performance of Jane Eyre in 2001 and when she later visited his apartment on New York's Upper West Side.

Barbour will not have to register as a sex offender because he pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor. The lesser charge, however, was in exchange for a 60-day jail sentence and three years of probation. Sentencing will take place Feb. 29 at Manhattan's State Supreme Court.
Barbour Pleads Guilty to Lesser Counts in Exchange for 60-Day Sentence
"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)
nitsua Profile Photonitsua Profile Photo
nitsua
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Guess who won't ever be on Broadway again!
"Writing is like prostitution. First, you do it for love, then you do it for a few friends, and finally you do it for money." ~ Moliere
shira467 Profile Photoshira467 Profile Photo
shira467
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Well, not a kids oriented one!! No more "Beauty and the Beast".
Deet: Shira, I Love You!
nitsua Profile Photonitsua Profile Photo
nitsua
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
It'd be a huge gamble. People won't ever forget what he did.
"Writing is like prostitution. First, you do it for love, then you do it for a few friends, and finally you do it for money." ~ Moliere
papalovesmambo Profile Photopapalovesmambo Profile Photo
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
i guess the "c'mon, she was totally asking for it in the way that only a 15 year-old can" defense didn't quite work out. i hope he ends up emptying garbage cans on a disney cruise ship.
r.i.p. marco, my guardian angel.

...global warming can manifest itself as heat, cool, precipitation, storms, drought, wind, or any other phenomenon, much like a shapeshifter. -- jim geraghty

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

fenchurch=mejusthavingfun=magwildwood=mmousefan=bkcollector=bradmajors=somethingtotalkabout: the fenchurch mpd collective
JoeKv99 Profile PhotoJoeKv99 Profile Photo
JoeKv99
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I can top that Papa- from my neck of the woods:

"A retired Canadian pastor likely on track to leave a McHenry County courtroom Friday with probation for sexually abusing a 4-year-old girl instead found himself behind bars after he told a judge that the girl acted sexually provocative toward him.

“I tried to avoid the encounters. On a couple of times, I thought I was being sexually harassed,” Kenneth R. Cooke, 73, told a judge. “I think there is psychological evidence today that children, even in their younger years, could become interested in sex.”

After listening to Cooke’s statements, Judge Joseph Condon sentenced him to three years in prison. Condon said the sentence was based partly on Cooke’s attitude."

Yes- the 73 year old was harrassed and finally seduced by a 4 year old girl.
She seduced me!
No good can possibly come from using this vast wasteland of error and deliberate deceit. You should get off of it and warn others away. You should make sure your children and grandchildren know what a corrupt and morally bankrupt institution it truly is.
doodlenyc Profile Photodoodlenyc Profile Photo
doodlenyc
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
"I made some iced tea!"

barbour admits he banged a 15 year old in his dressing room
"Carson has combined his passion for helping children with his love for one of Cincinnati's favorite past times - cornhole - to create a unique and exciting event perfect for a corporate outing, entertaining clients or family fun."

"In Oz, the verb is douchifizzation." PRS

papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
look at the bright side, joe, he won't be behind bars for long. he'll be in the ground soon.

...global warming can manifest itself as heat, cool, precipitation, storms, drought, wind, or any other phenomenon, much like a shapeshifter. -- jim geraghty

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

fenchurch=mejusthavingfun=magwildwood=mmousefan=bkcollector=bradmajors=somethingtotalkabout: the fenchurch mpd collective
SueleenGay Profile PhotoSueleenGay Profile Photo
SueleenGay
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Does anyone know if he signs at the courthouse door?
PEACE.
JoeKv99 Profile PhotoJoeKv99 Profile Photo
JoeKv99
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I brought him a copy of "Highlights for Children" to sign and he walked right by me.
No good can possibly come from using this vast wasteland of error and deliberate deceit. You should get off of it and warn others away. You should make sure your children and grandchildren know what a corrupt and morally bankrupt institution it truly is.
TheatreDiva90016 Profile PhotoTheatreDiva90016 Profile Photo
TheatreDiva90016
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Too funny, Joe!

And the story about the pastor made me throw up in my mouth a little.
"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> “I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post.” <<>> -whatever2
DAME
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
How much of that 60 day sentence will he have to serve? And what do other inmates do to child molesters in jail?
HUSSY POWER! ------ HUSSY POWER!
TheatreDiva90016 Profile PhotoTheatreDiva90016 Profile Photo
TheatreDiva90016
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
They usually kill them.
"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> “I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post.” <<>> -whatever2
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
don't go getting my hopes up, diva.

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

PalJoey Profile PhotoPalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
The thread on the main board is much more fun.
YouWantitWhen???? Profile PhotoYouWantitWhen???? Profile Photo
YouWantitWhen????
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Thanks PJ for getting my righteous indignation all hot and bothered.

I cannot believe that some of the posters really believe what they are saying.