Page: 1

Madam President and Mister Justice?

madbrian Profile Photomadbrian Profile Photo
madbrian
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Madam President and Mister Justice?#1
Posted: 1/3/08 at 1:21pm
A CNN article is speculating about Bill Clinton being a potential candidate for the Supreme Court, and the possibility that his wife may nominate him if she is elected. What do you think about his potential as a SC Justice, and would your opinion differ if he were nominated by his wife or some other president?

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/
"It does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are 20 gods or no god. It neither picks my pocket, nor breaks my leg." -- Thomas Jefferson
JoeKv99 Profile PhotoJoeKv99 Profile Photo
JoeKv99
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Madam President and Mister Justice?#2
Posted: 1/3/08 at 1:31pm
Supreme Court would be great as it's a lifetime appointment, but I'd love to see him as Secretary of State.
No good can possibly come from using this vast wasteland of error and deliberate deceit. You should get off of it and warn others away. You should make sure your children and grandchildren know what a corrupt and morally bankrupt institution it truly is.
papalovesmambo Profile Photopapalovesmambo Profile Photo
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
madam president and mister justice?#2
Posted: 1/3/08 at 1:49pm
bubba will hold no official position in a carpet bagger administration. too much baggage. i know, i know the truth hurts, but c'mon, if i have to deal with a probable huckabee nomination, you have to face that bubba's done in an official capacity.
r.i.p. marco, my guardian angel.

...global warming can manifest itself as heat, cool, precipitation, storms, drought, wind, or any other phenomenon, much like a shapeshifter. -- jim geraghty

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

fenchurch=mejusthavingfun=magwildwood=mmousefan=bkcollector=bradmajors=somethingtotalkabout: the fenchurch mpd collective
RadiGal2 Profile PhotoRadiGal2 Profile Photo
RadiGal2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
madam president and mister justice?#3
Posted: 1/3/08 at 2:17pm
That would be a nightmare -- besides if memory serves Bubba was disbarred.
"I'm a one-eyed Mormon Democrat from conservative Arizona, and you can't have a higher handicap than that." ~The ever-great and fabulous Morris K. Udall.
HDThoreau2 Profile PhotoHDThoreau2 Profile Photo
HDThoreau2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
madam president and mister justice?#4
Posted: 1/3/08 at 2:29pm
The whole Madam President and Mister Justice thing...

Can we get that up on TV as an ad??

That would scare 75% of the voters.

Wow! Can we start a collection to get that little tidbit on TV??????
If Tom DeLay is The Hammer, then I proclaim a new title for the Speaker of the House, Nancy Pelosi: The Briber. Nancy Pelosi had to bribe her members with spinach to get their votes.
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
madam president and mister justice?#5
Posted: 1/3/08 at 2:32pm
not really, rad. he was suspended for 5 years in arkansas and was eligible to apply for re-instatement in '06. the u.s. supreme court voted to disbar him, but he resigned from the court before it kicked in.

...global warming can manifest itself as heat, cool, precipitation, storms, drought, wind, or any other phenomenon, much like a shapeshifter. -- jim geraghty

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

fenchurch=mejusthavingfun=magwildwood=mmousefan=bkcollector=bradmajors=somethingtotalkabout: the fenchurch mpd collective
RadiGal2 Profile PhotoRadiGal2 Profile Photo
RadiGal2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
madam president and mister justice?#6
Posted: 1/3/08 at 2:37pm
oh yes papa, that's right.....the disbarrment was just a case of my wishful thinking. Oh my Bubba disdain runs very, very deep.
"I'm a one-eyed Mormon Democrat from conservative Arizona, and you can't have a higher handicap than that." ~The ever-great and fabulous Morris K. Udall.
madbrian Profile Photomadbrian Profile Photo
madbrian
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
madam president and mister justice?#7
Posted: 1/3/08 at 2:40pm
Whether or not he is disbarred has no relevance (I think) on his eligibility for the SC. I don't think there is any such requirement.
"It does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are 20 gods or no god. It neither picks my pocket, nor breaks my leg." -- Thomas Jefferson
JoeKv99
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
madam president and mister justice?#8
Posted: 1/3/08 at 2:42pm
You don't even need to be a lawyer!
No good can possibly come from using this vast wasteland of error and deliberate deceit. You should get off of it and warn others away. You should make sure your children and grandchildren know what a corrupt and morally bankrupt institution it truly is.
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
madam president and mister justice?#9
Posted: 1/3/08 at 2:45pm
you don't even need to be human as ruth ginsberg has proven.

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

frogs_fan85 Profile Photofrogs_fan85 Profile Photo
frogs_fan85
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
madam president and mister justice?#10
Posted: 1/3/08 at 3:41pm
If he gets any sort of position I would imagine it would be as an ambassador or some kind.
HDThoreau2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
madam president and mister justice?#11
Posted: 1/3/08 at 4:01pm
We need a commercial.

A gay man in DC said he would design the commercial gratis.

We just have to get it on the air. Then, it's all over for Hillbillary.
If Tom DeLay is The Hammer, then I proclaim a new title for the Speaker of the House, Nancy Pelosi: The Briber. Nancy Pelosi had to bribe her members with spinach to get their votes.
JoeKv99
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
madam president and mister justice?#13
Posted: 1/3/08 at 4:58pm
He hates the gays, he hates the Jews, but he loves the Broadway, an institution that would not exist were it not for gays & Jews. Amazing, huh?
Craig Profile PhotoCraig Profile Photo
Craig
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
madam president and mister justice?#14
Posted: 1/3/08 at 5:02pm
He loves Broadway?

I didn't know. I think that's because I've rarely if ever seen him post about Broadway or on the main board. Maybe once or twice but that could have been by mistake because he thought he was on the off-topic board...
"A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men" - Willy Wonka
HDThoreau2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
madam president and mister justice?#15
Posted: 1/3/08 at 6:32pm
Craig, how did you get to be so old, and so misinformed at the same time???????

I post on Broadway topics all the time. I loved the Jerry Herman PBS special. I had a great thread going, and you pulled it down.

You know you pulled it down. It was all Broadway and no politics. That Herman thread was in the last 24 hours. I have had many, many others. You, Craiggles, you know that. Yet you perpetuate that usual liberal lie to your sophists and sycophants.
son_of_a_gunn_25 Profile Photoson_of_a_gunn_25 Profile Photo
son_of_a_gunn_25
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
madam president and mister justice?#16
Posted: 1/3/08 at 6:44pm
How can you like Jerry Herman if you hate gays?
My avatar is a reminder to myself. I need lots of reminders...
HDThoreau2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
madam president and mister justice?#17
Posted: 1/3/08 at 6:49pm
I never, ever, never once said I hated gays.

Jerry Herman is truly one of the greats!!
DG
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
madam president and mister justice?#19
Posted: 1/4/08 at 2:41am
Back to Bill - I sincerely hope he doesn't take on any 'official' job. He's actually getting things done now that he's unfettered by our idiotic government, and has the money of the real power at his disposal. Any kind of 'appointment' would be a demotion at this point.
son_of_a_gunn_25 Profile Photoson_of_a_gunn_25 Profile Photo
son_of_a_gunn_25
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
madam president and mister justice?#20
Posted: 1/4/08 at 2:54am
I don't like the idea of the judiciary being in bed with the Executive Branch. (Figuratively and literally.)
My avatar is a reminder to myself. I need lots of reminders...