Page: 1

Do Republicans like ANY of the Republican Candidates?

JoeKv99 Profile PhotoJoeKv99 Profile Photo
JoeKv99
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
So the country's best known right-wing talker today officially put the kibosh on Mike Huckabee. On his show today, Rush Limbaugh took time out to say that while Huckabee was a "mighty fine man and is a great Christian, (he) is not a conservative, hes just not." Rush has previously lambasted Republican front-runners Rudy Guiliani and John McCain. Whie he has refrained from openly endorsing a candidate, he has spoken warmly of distant runner-up Fred Thomspson. It seems like he doesn't really like anybody and is prepared for a "Bloodbath" in 2008: "If our nominee is either not conservative and is pandering to the left trying to get some of their votes, or if our nominee is so afraid of his record that hes relying on identity politics to get votes or if our nominee decides that the only way he can win is to go out and pick off some libs in the northeast and out in the west, its going to be a bloodbath," he predicted of the general election.

Of course, it might not stop him from campainging vigorously for whomever gets the nod; Limbaugh famously denounced the Republican party after their loss in the 2006 mid-terms, despite praising them wildly throughout the year.

Some Right Wing Goofball
No good can possibly come from using this vast wasteland of error and deliberate deceit. You should get off of it and warn others away. You should make sure your children and grandchildren know what a corrupt and morally bankrupt institution it truly is.
Updated On: 1/2/08 at 04:15 PM
HDThoreau2 Profile PhotoHDThoreau2 Profile Photo
HDThoreau2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
This is the most far-out, leftist/Marxist view of Rush's statements today.

Rush has always been conservative. He is not going to campaign for someone who is not conservative.

Rush is right. I listened to the whole show today, did you?
If Tom DeLay is The Hammer, then I proclaim a new title for the Speaker of the House, Nancy Pelosi: The Briber. Nancy Pelosi had to bribe her members with spinach to get their votes.
YouWantitWhen???? Profile PhotoYouWantitWhen???? Profile Photo
YouWantitWhen????
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
My recollection puppet is that Fred Thompson is your candidate of choice.

How's he doing in the polls?
JoeKv99
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I'm quite confused, HD. Rush doesn't like Huckabee, Giuliani or McCain. He SEEMS to like Thompson but hasn't really spoken to the issue. My comments and yours seem to be in agreement: None of the candidates are conservative enough for him. I posted a link to a conservative commentator who says the same thing. How exactly is that "far-out, leftist/Marxist"? The primary season starts tomorrow. Most experts agree that a candidate will be Chosen in the next 30-60 days. And the top cheerleader for the right doesn't like ANY of the Republican candidates? Isn't this remarkable? Maybe Rush could organize a campaign to draft Dan Quayle?
No good can possibly come from using this vast wasteland of error and deliberate deceit. You should get off of it and warn others away. You should make sure your children and grandchildren know what a corrupt and morally bankrupt institution it truly is.
papalovesmambo Profile Photopapalovesmambo Profile Photo
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
i kinda like the fact that the people are doing what they want without checking for approval wioth the blowhards. would i prefer they chose diffrently? yep, but i'll take a little independence from the loudmouths any day.
r.i.p. marco, my guardian angel.

...global warming can manifest itself as heat, cool, precipitation, storms, drought, wind, or any other phenomenon, much like a shapeshifter. -- jim geraghty

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

fenchurch=mejusthavingfun=magwildwood=mmousefan=bkcollector=bradmajors=somethingtotalkabout: the fenchurch mpd collective
JoeKv99
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Between you & Me Papa, I would LOVE to see either party (or both!) head into their convention WITHOUT a candidate! Wouldn't that be AWESOME? The horse-trading, the bargaining, the consensus building, would make me dizzy with excitement. Of course I'd have to take the week off from work and buy two more TVs so I could watch Fox, CNN & C-Span convention coverage simultaneously.
papalovesmambo Profile Photopapalovesmambo Profile Photo
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
it's a possibility with the gop, joe. not so much on your side. despite all of the polls and the drama, hil's got it on the left. i mean this last poll that came out showing obama leading, even trippi was saying it was a joke.

all i can do is hope that his angry message resonates and the democrats nominate the breck girl and his coulter-esque love-child fathered while liz was getting her treatment.
r.i.p. marco, my guardian angel.

...global warming can manifest itself as heat, cool, precipitation, storms, drought, wind, or any other phenomenon, much like a shapeshifter. -- jim geraghty

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

fenchurch=mejusthavingfun=magwildwood=mmousefan=bkcollector=bradmajors=somethingtotalkabout: the fenchurch mpd collective
JoeKv99
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Papa to quote Will Rogers, "I belong to NO organized political party! I am a Democrat!"
roquat
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Republicans tend to campaign on their likability--the I'm-a-candidate-you-can-have-a-beer-with, pseudo-folksy routine that worked for Bush. They present themselves as common, beer-drinking, football-watching regular guys who don't use that fruity, "elite" language about "issues." Huckabee is the only candidate really working that for all it's worth this time; the only truly likable candidate is John McCain--I hope he'll be the one left standing after the others cancel each other out.
I ask in all honesty/What would life be?/Without a song and a dance, what are we?/So I say "Thank you for the music/For giving it to me."
HDThoreau2 Profile PhotoHDThoreau2 Profile Photo
HDThoreau2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Liberal Meltdown#9
Posted: 1/2/08 at 10:12pm
Fred is great.
If Tom DeLay is The Hammer, then I proclaim a new title for the Speaker of the House, Nancy Pelosi: The Briber. Nancy Pelosi had to bribe her members with spinach to get their votes.
roquat
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Liberal Meltdown#10
Posted: 1/2/08 at 11:12pm
Fred who? Phelps? You would say that...
I ask in all honesty/What would life be?/Without a song and a dance, what are we?/So I say "Thank you for the music/For giving it to me."
JustAGuy Profile PhotoJustAGuy Profile Photo
JustAGuy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Liberal Meltdown#11
Posted: 1/2/08 at 11:46pm
"Fred is great."

Fred? Fred Who? Fred Rogers? Yeah he was great. Pity he's dead, just like Thompson's campaign.
"Just a Guy. Your feelings are touching. I am gladdened by the thought that you will one day wind up 6 feet under as we all do." - MrRoxy ------ "I do not suggest you walk out the door onto a New York street with your vulnerable child part exposed and not protected..." - Jason Bennett
JoeKv99
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
08 Matchup: Clinton VS some guy#12
Posted: 1/3/08 at 12:21am
If Hd is any example, perhaps the thought of another Clinton as president fills them with such rage that they will simply forgot to select a nominee?
JoeKv99
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
08 Matchup: Clinton VS some guy#13
Posted: 1/3/08 at 11:23am
Fred Thompson is apparently preparing to drop out of the race after tonight's disastrous fourth place (or worse) finish. It is thought he will throw his support behind McCain.

Poor Fred. Isn't it ironic that his campaign is coming to an end just as "Law & Order" returns to the air?
politico.com
Calvin Profile PhotoCalvin Profile Photo
Calvin
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
08 Matchup: Clinton VS some guy#14
Posted: 1/3/08 at 11:32am
Well, Chuck Yeager just endorsed Duncan Hunter, so all bets are off, now.
doodlenyc Profile Photodoodlenyc Profile Photo
doodlenyc
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
08 Matchup: Clinton VS some guy#15
Posted: 1/3/08 at 11:41am
wasnt he the closeted gay father of 12 who was on "Showbiz Moms and Dads?"
"Carson has combined his passion for helping children with his love for one of Cincinnati's favorite past times - cornhole - to create a unique and exciting event perfect for a corporate outing, entertaining clients or family fun."

"In Oz, the verb is douchifizzation." PRS

Auggie27 Profile PhotoAuggie27 Profile Photo
Auggie27
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
08 Matchup: Clinton VS some guy#16
Posted: 1/3/08 at 1:17pm
In the immortal words of Lloyd Bridges in AIRPLANE, Rush picked the wrong day to give up glue-sniffing.
"I'm a comedian, but in my spare time, things bother me." Garry Shandling
JoeKv99
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
08 Matchup: Clinton VS some guy#17
Posted: 1/3/08 at 1:35pm
Yes Auggie- I forgot to reiterate that- only 24 hours after Rush allowed he "might" support Thompson, Fred starts to pack up his campaign office to head home, tossing his support one of the three potentials Rush has completely condemned. Not a good day to quit sniffing glue, indeed.

Imgine listening to El Rushbo during a Clinton/McCain race. Would he eat crow and support McCain or spend the next 10 months talking about the weather?