The "It isn't Christmas unless..." thread

Elphaba Profile PhotoElphaba Profile Photo
Elphaba
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
The "It isn't Christmas unless..." thread#1
Posted: 12/24/07 at 5:11pm
It isn't Christmas unless a roadrunner walks or runs accross my front yard.
For the 9 years we have lived here, one has.

Now, name something that makes it Christmas for you, where you live.
It is ridiculous to set a detective story in New York City. New York City is itself a detective story... AGATHA CHRISTIE, Life magazine, May 14, 1956
Broadway Bound2
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
It isn't Christmas until mom goes into her rendition of Feliz Navidad.
Elphaba
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
BB, is that before or after liquor is involved? ;o)
It is ridiculous to set a detective story in New York City. New York City is itself a detective story... AGATHA CHRISTIE, Life magazine, May 14, 1956
nitsua Profile Photonitsua Profile Photo
nitsua
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
... my house is filled with fresh baked cookies!
"Writing is like prostitution. First, you do it for love, then you do it for a few friends, and finally you do it for money." ~ Moliere
Broadway Bound2
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Usually it is before, my mom doesn't drink that much at all. Maybe a glass of wine, but that is it. She is from Puerto Rico, so she feels the need to sing it.
Elphaba
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
hehe BB, love it.
Austin, SHARE......I didn't have time to make cookies this year. First time in a long time.
Broadway Bound2
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
I love making cookies, my favorites are the Peanut Butter cookies with the hershey kiss on top. So much sugar involved.
jaystarr Profile Photojaystarr Profile Photo
jaystarr
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
unless I see a movie.....

J*
Glebb Profile PhotoGlebb Profile Photo
Glebb
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Unless there is a matinee of Nutcracker the day before and two shows the day after.
" ...the happiness in the tune convinces me that I'm not afraid."
D2 Profile PhotoD2 Profile Photo
D2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
It isn't Christmas unless I've watched THE BISHOP'S WIFE at least once.
Cheyenne Jackson tickled me. AFTER ordering SoMMS a drink but NOT tickling him, and hanging out with Girly in his dressing room (where he DIDN'T tickle her) but BEFORE we got married. To others. And then he tweeted Boobs. He also tweeted he's good friends with some chick on "The Voice" who just happens to be good friends with Tink's ex. And I'm still married. Oh, and this just in: "Pettiness, spite, malice ....Such ugly emotions... So sad." - After Eight, talking about MEEEEEEEE!!! I'm so honored! :-)
Elphaba
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
D2, that IS the movie I watch Xmas Eve day....actually in a few minutes!
TheatreDiva90016 Profile PhotoTheatreDiva90016 Profile Photo
TheatreDiva90016
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
...until my Mother calls and says something to piss me off.
"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post. <<>> -whatever2
SpellingBeeFan4Ever Profile PhotoSpellingBeeFan4Ever Profile Photo
SpellingBeeFan4Ever
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
It isnt Christmas untill I'm forced to play Christmas songs on the piano.
He's a faker, and you've been taken in by his con. And in doing so, you are enabling him. He is doing more damage to aspergers than papa's words ever could. -Chane/Liverpool on me having asperger syndrome.
gypsiedtokill Profile Photogypsiedtokill Profile Photo
gypsiedtokill
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
It isn't Christmas until my mom and I have done our ritual Christmas Eve oh-sh*t-we-need-a-tree scramble, found a Christmas tree for $5 at the one place that still has them, decorated it, wrapped presents in seperate rooms, and collapsed on the couch to watch Meet Me in St. Louis. Needless to say, we're a family of procrastinators.
I can't talk now. I gotta go get my wallet out of the toaster.
PalJoey Profile PhotoPalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
...without Jimmy Stewart and Margaret Sullavan in Lubitsch's The Shop Around the Corner, the precursor to In the Good Old Summertime and She Loves Me (not to mention You've Got Mail).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jnh14GUFXOg
blueroses
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
...without my cousin's meatballs and eggplant on Christmas Day!
neddyfrank2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
...I go out for Chinese food.
TheatreDiva90016 Profile PhotoTheatreDiva90016 Profile Photo
TheatreDiva90016
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I'm having a Jewish Christmas as well!
"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post. <<>> -whatever2
blueroses
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I'm a bad Jew. I hate Chinese food!
iHeartMyGeek Profile PhotoiHeartMyGeek Profile Photo
iHeartMyGeek
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Unless my aunts and uncles all get drunk and start reciting A Christmas Story.

"I can't put my aaaarms doooown..."
"I can't figure out what kind of life this is, comedy or tragedy, I just know it's showbiz. And what if I don't agree with the lines I have to read? They don't pay me enough, the way I see it."
Broadway Bound2
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
I double dog dare ya.
worrell4077
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: The 'It isn't Christmas unless...' thread#21
Posted: 12/24/07 at 10:01pm
It isn't Christmas for me until the M&M's commercial where the red and yellow M&M are putting out cookies and milk for Santa and the yellow one says, "So do you think Santa will enjoy these red and green M&M's?" to which the red one replies, "I don't know I've never met the guy." It ends with them bumping into Santa and red says "He does exist" and then Santa, "They do exist."

I also feel that it isn't Christmas if TBS doesn't do 24 hours of A Christmas Story. It's not Christmas if I haven't watched "The Santa Experience(Rugrats)", "The Most Horrible X-Mas Ever(Invader Zim)", "X-Mas Marks The Spot(The Real Ghostbusters)", and "Billy and Mandy Save Christmas".

One final thing, it's not Christmas unless me and my family go to the movies. We've been doing that for I can't remember how long and this year's movie is Sweeney(my 2nd time seeing it).
futurenala Profile Photofuturenala Profile Photo
futurenala
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: The 'It isn't Christmas unless...' thread#22
Posted: 12/24/07 at 10:10pm
Wow that was a lot.

It isn't Christmas unless I watch every version of A Christmas Carol with my family.
"Robin De Jesus has issues"~ JANET DACAL "Yeah, and that's putting it lightly"~ ANDREA BURNS "If you watched CBS on June 15th , I was nominated for a Tony... And I was in Camp"~ ROBIN DE JESUS "...but I ^&#$@*% made you believe I was Italian!"~MATTHEW MORRISON http://legallybrownonbroadway.com/
blueroses
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: The 'It isn't Christmas unless...' thread#23
Posted: 12/25/07 at 11:13am
...unless I watch/listen to "Fairytale of New York" over and over again as I get ready for the day. Best Christmas song ever.

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=ltiY-BqvOIU
n69n Profile Photon69n Profile Photo
n69n
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: The 'It isn't Christmas unless...' thread#24
Posted: 12/25/07 at 11:55am
re: The 'It isn't Christmas unless...' thread
i want to make thngs that count
- George, SUNDAY IN THE PARK WITH GEORGE