Page: 1

Sirius Radio Bing Crosby Christmas Channel

PalJoey Profile PhotoPalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Sirius Radio Bing Crosby Christmas Channel#1
Posted: 12/14/07 at 1:31pm
I would almost join Sirius just for this.

===

Sirius to Devote Exclusive Channel to Bing Crosby for the Holidays - 'Bing Crosby Christmas Radio'

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=954748

Sirius to Devote Exclusive Channel to Bing Crosby for the Holidays - 'Bing Crosby Christmas Radio' Thursday December 13, 12:55 pm ET "Bing Crosby Christmas Radio" airs December 21-25, features 20+ years of vintage Bing Crosby holiday radio programs Classic shows with Frank Sinatra, Louis Armstrong, Rosemary Clooney, Judy Garland, Bob Hope, Ella Fitzgerald, Jimmy Stewart, Peggy Lee, The Andrews Sisters, and more Bing's wife Kathryn Crosby and daughter Mary Crosby host the channel, share their personal anecdotes and memories

Working with the Crosby family, SIRIUS tapped into Bing's personal archives and will transform channel 119 into Bing Crosby Christmas Radio from December 21-25, broadcasting 5 consecutive days of Crosby's incredible holiday radio shows from 1938-1962, brimming with special celebrity guests, music, performances and variety shows.

Bing's wife Kathryn Crosby and daughter Mary Crosby will host the channel, sharing personal anecdotes and memories about the programs.

These shows include his most popular recording ever, "White Christmas," as well as multiple Christmas Day and Christmas Eve radio specials hosted by Bing over the years.

Bing Crosby Christmas Radio will feature a wide variety of Crosby's beloved music, storytelling and special guests like Rosemary Clooney, Frank Sinatra, Judy Garland, Bob Hope, Ella Fitzgerald, Peggy Lee, The Andrews Sisters, Jimmy Stewart, Phil Silvers, Jimmy Durante, and Edgar Bergen and his daughter, a young Candice Bergen.

Classic radio programs on Bing Crosby Christmas Radio include "Christmas Sing with Bing," "The Bing Crosby Show," and "Philco Radio Time."

Crosby was a major radio star from 1931 to 1962. He appeared on approximately 4,000 radio broadcasts, nearly 3,400 of them his own program
SonofMammaMiaSam Profile PhotoSonofMammaMiaSam Profile Photo
SonofMammaMiaSam
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Free Sirius radio is the best perk that came with my new car. I'm tuning in on the way home. Thanks PJ!
PalJoey Profile PhotoPalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I've heard the Ella Fitzgerald, Judy Garland and Andrews Sisters shows--I must still have them on poorly labeled audio cassettes somewhere--and they are all incredible fun.
JoeKv99 Profile PhotoJoeKv99 Profile Photo
JoeKv99
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
AWESOME! I love me some Sirius!
No good can possibly come from using this vast wasteland of error and deliberate deceit. You should get off of it and warn others away. You should make sure your children and grandchildren know what a corrupt and morally bankrupt institution it truly is.
best12bars Profile Photobest12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I love it! I have Sirius with my Dish Network. I'll have to look for this.
"Jaws is the Citizen Kane of movies."
blocked: logan2, Diamonds3, Hamilton22