i could use some cheering up

AbbaRabbit Profile PhotoAbbaRabbit Profile Photo
AbbaRabbit
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
i could use some cheering up#1
Posted: 12/11/07 at 12:24pm
yesturday morning at about 7:00 my cat monk was hit by a car
the jerk that hit him just drove off and left him alone in the rain... thankfully someone was taking a walk and saw it happen and starting knocking on doors until our next-door neighbor directed him to our house.

monk's been at the vet since then and has to stay overnight again tonight... not sure when we can bring him home.

the vet doesn't know if he has any injuries except for a cut on his forehead since all of yesterday was spent giving him fluids and medication so the cut wouldn't get infected and observing him.
he's going to do some x-rays and stuff like that later...

he said we can go visit monk later today and bring him some of his things from home if we wanted.

he did say that monk looks much better today than he did yesturday and that he doesn't really appear to be in very much pain.

even though the vet keeps saying he's doing better, i'm still very worried about him. and i feel like a bad cat owner since everyone always says never to let your cats outside.

i could use some cheering up
Less is more
Ugly is beautiful
"My brother plays a drag queen... and I'm surprised he looks as good as he does in drag." - Adam Rapp

"thanks, abba. now i'll forever have an image of you as a tattoed hardcore straightedge grrl savaging people in the mosh pit." - papalovesmambo

"Yeah Abba. All the filthy crap you spew out there on those boards. I for one, am equally shocked. :-P" - AnnaK
DBillyP Profile PhotoDBillyP Profile Photo
DBillyP
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: i could use some cheering up#2
Posted: 12/11/07 at 12:30pm
Oh Abba, no one on this board would ever question your love of animals! Hang in there!
"I am open, and I am willing, For to be hopeless would seem so strange. It dishonors those who go before us, So lift me up to the light of change." Holly Near
Wanna Be A Foster Profile PhotoWanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: i could use some cheering up#2
Posted: 12/11/07 at 12:37pm
Abba, I am so sorry to hear this!

Sending get well wishes to Monk, and lots of hugs and kisses once you bring him home safe and sound.

I know it will work out OK. He will remain in my prayers.

Sending lots of love yours and Monk's way.
"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)
PalJoey Profile PhotoPalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: i could use some cheering up#3
Posted: 12/11/07 at 12:38pm
Watch this while Monk recuperates.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=eA0A8KUnD7I
n69n Profile Photon69n Profile Photo
n69n
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: i could use some cheering up#4
Posted: 12/11/07 at 12:42pm
i hope everythings ok!
i want to make thngs that count
- George, SUNDAY IN THE PARK WITH GEORGE
SonofMammaMiaSam Profile PhotoSonofMammaMiaSam Profile Photo
SonofMammaMiaSam
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: i could use some cheering up#5
Posted: 12/11/07 at 12:44pm
Is Jason back on the road?
AbbaRabbit
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: i could use some cheering up#6
Posted: 12/11/07 at 12:44pm
i love bye bye birdie... thanks for that

and i'm never letting either of my cats outside again. they can cry and whine at the door all they want... i'd rather have them pissed off and safe.
Less is more
Ugly is beautiful
"My brother plays a drag queen... and I'm surprised he looks as good as he does in drag." - Adam Rapp

"thanks, abba. now i'll forever have an image of you as a tattoed hardcore straightedge grrl savaging people in the mosh pit." - papalovesmambo

"Yeah Abba. All the filthy crap you spew out there on those boards. I for one, am equally shocked. :-P" - AnnaK
Phyllis Rogers Stone
Suspended
Suspended
re: i could use some cheering up#7
Posted: 12/11/07 at 12:49pm
I tried to bump a thread Abba once started called something like "You think YOU have it bad." I thought may it might cheer her up but it seems to have been deleted.

Also, she might take her advice from that tmm_fan thread. Sometimes it's just time to let the pet go.
AbbaRabbit
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: i could use some cheering up#8
Posted: 12/11/07 at 12:54pm
and if that's what needs to happen then that's what will happen. i trust our vet that if monk were truely suffering, he would tell us. and if that's what he tells us, as sad as i would be to lose monk, i would not let him suffer.

and i'm not sure why bumping a thread so i could read again how sick my friend is would cheer me up, but i guess i just dont get pleasure from reading about other's misfortune.
Less is more
Ugly is beautiful

Phyllis Rogers Stone
Suspended
Suspended
re: i could use some cheering up#9
Posted: 12/11/07 at 1:00pm
but i guess i just dont get pleasure from reading about other's misfortune.

At the very least I think you get some sort of arousal posting about it.

And I thought it WOULD cheer you up. Isn't that what the point of that thread was originally? "You think YOU have it bad, well guess what other people have it worse." Wouldn't you say your sick cat wasn't as important as your sick friend? If not, why would you have the audacity to rate it against the troubles of people you don't even know?
gymdudeva
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: i could use some cheering up#10
Posted: 12/11/07 at 1:18pm
Don't feel bad about letting him out. I bet if he had a say, he'd vote on taking his chances outside rather than being unhappy indoors. If WE stayed inside all the time, we'd live longer and avoid accidents, too. Cats, tough domesticated, are at heart still wild animals. And they generally have great instincts (better than people or dogs) for keeping away from danger/trouble. Cats generally stay away from streets and cars, so chalk this one up as a fluke accident, and believe your vet when he says Monk is doing better. I think anything other than borken bones would have taken a quick turn for the worse...and broken bones heal!!
SueleenGay Profile PhotoSueleenGay Profile Photo
SueleenGay
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: i could use some cheering up#11
Posted: 12/11/07 at 1:38pm
I hope he recovers. But you shouldn't blame the driver. It was raining and perhaps he didn't know he hit him. Sometimes when animals run out in front of cars there is little a driver can do. Especially DEER! But we know it was not Munk's fault, cats are smarter than DUMB DEER and always look both ways before crossing the street.
PEACE.
Defying_Gravity_Girl Profile PhotoDefying_Gravity_Girl Profile Photo
Defying_Gravity_Girl
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: i could use some cheering up#12
Posted: 12/11/07 at 1:40pm
Oh, poor kitty! I'm so sorry, Abba. I hope everything will be OK.
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

www.writersinlove.com
papalovesmambo Profile Photopapalovesmambo Profile Photo
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: i could use some cheering up#13
Posted: 12/11/07 at 1:44pm
dear abba,

hope yer p*ssy's ok. and your cat too.

love,

papalovesmambo
r.i.p. marco, my guardian angel.

...global warming can manifest itself as heat, cool, precipitation, storms, drought, wind, or any other phenomenon, much like a shapeshifter. -- jim geraghty

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

fenchurch=mejusthavingfun=magwildwood=mmousefan=bkcollector=bradmajors=somethingtotalkabout: the fenchurch mpd collective
wexy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: i could use some cheering up#14
Posted: 12/11/07 at 1:57pm
Best to your Kitty, Kid.
'Take me out tonight where's there's music and there's people and they're young and alive.'
best12bars Profile Photobest12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: i could use some cheering up#15
Posted: 12/11/07 at 3:02pm
Best from "best" to your kitty, kid.

That sucks. Hang in there.

I hope he's home again with you soon.
"Jaws is the Citizen Kane of movies."
blocked: logan2, Diamonds3, Hamilton22
erikaamato
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: i could use some cheering up#16
Posted: 12/11/07 at 3:16pm
Hope your feline friend recovers ASAP!
BigFatBlonde Profile PhotoBigFatBlonde Profile Photo
BigFatBlonde
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: i could use some cheering up#17
Posted: 12/11/07 at 3:18pm
Stay Strong, Hon.

I'll keep your kitty in my prayers.

What great ones do the less will prattle of
mominator Profile Photomominator Profile Photo
mominator
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: i could use some cheering up#18
Posted: 12/11/07 at 3:20pm
Abba I am so sorry, good thoughts and wishes.
"All I ask of you is one thing: please don't be cynical. I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen." Conan O'Brien
mauriposa Profile Photomauriposa Profile Photo
mauriposa
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: i could use some cheering up#19
Posted: 12/11/07 at 3:45pm
From one kitty to another:

re: i could use some cheering up
Yawper
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: i could use some cheering up#20
Posted: 12/11/07 at 11:21pm
Abba, my sister used to put her cat out on a line, just like she does her dog. The cat could wander the yard all she wanted, we just made sure there weren't any obstacles in reach high enough for her to jump off of or over so she wouldn't hang herself. She had her rear claws and was never left out when no one was home. She usually just went out for an hour or so unless we were also out in the yard to keep an eye on her.