Are you sick of these Christmas songs yet?

JoeKv99 Profile PhotoJoeKv99 Profile Photo
JoeKv99
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Lots of info in this Daily News story on the amount of Airplay "Holiday" music gets this time of year. I was thinking today that if I never hear "Jingle Bell Rock" again it will be too soon. "With regular music, you have hundreds of songs that test well with listeners," says Ryan. "With holiday music, you find that once you get past the core favorites, which is no more than 100 songs, you see a big dropoff."

so here then the top ten most played Xmas Classics:

1. "Sleigh Ride"
2. "Winter Wonderland"
3. "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas"
4. "Jingle Bell Rock"
5. "It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year"
6. "White Christmas"
7. "Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree"
8. "Silver Bells"
9. "Frosty the Snowman"
10. "A Holly Jolly Christmas"

Daily News
No good can possibly come from using this vast wasteland of error and deliberate deceit. You should get off of it and warn others away. You should make sure your children and grandchildren know what a corrupt and morally bankrupt institution it truly is.
papalovesmambo Profile Photopapalovesmambo Profile Photo
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
ah, i could listen to burl warbling "holly jolly christmas" over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.
r.i.p. marco, my guardian angel.

...global warming can manifest itself as heat, cool, precipitation, storms, drought, wind, or any other phenomenon, much like a shapeshifter. -- jim geraghty

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

fenchurch=mejusthavingfun=magwildwood=mmousefan=bkcollector=bradmajors=somethingtotalkabout: the fenchurch mpd collective
Updated On: 12/10/07 at 01:50 PM
Glebb Profile PhotoGlebb Profile Photo
Glebb
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
NO!
" ...the happiness in the tune convinces me that I'm not afraid."
tazber Profile Phototazber Profile Photo
tazber
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas never gets old.
....but the world goes 'round
blueroses
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I hate Wonderful Christmastime!
Borstalboy Profile PhotoBorstalboy Profile Photo
Borstalboy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
They always play "Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas" but never Judy's. It's blatant homophobia at its worst!
"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing. ~ Muhammad Ali
artscallion Profile Photoartscallion Profile Photo
artscallion
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Christmas songs rock! Stop hating!
Art has a double face, of expression and illusion.
Rathnait62 Profile PhotoRathnait62 Profile Photo
Rathnait62
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Me too, blue! Every time I hear it I'm like, why doesn't the music industry get how much that song SUCKS and destroy all evidence of it???
Have I ever shown you my Shattered Dreams box? It's in my Disappointment Closet. - Marge Simpson
DayDreamer Profile PhotoDayDreamer Profile Photo
DayDreamer
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
The only song getting on my nerves this year is "Carol of the Bells." It's almost as if it's featured in every single Christmas commercial.
Celebrate Life

Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. - Randy Pausch

blueroses
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Rath, I hate it so much I want to kill it!
morosco Profile Photomorosco Profile Photo
morosco
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I hate Wonderful Christmastime!

Me too. That song irritates the hell out of me.

Borstalboy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
They don't play the Waitresses "Christmas Rapping" enough.

re: Are you sick of these Christmas songs yet?

Y'know this one!
"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing. ~ Muhammad Ali
Updated On: 12/10/07 at 01:58 PM
TheatreDiva90016 Profile PhotoTheatreDiva90016 Profile Photo
TheatreDiva90016
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
"It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year"

After doing two Christmas parades at Disneyland and having to dance to that song THOUSANDS of times, I still can't hear it without my back going out.
"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post. <<>> -whatever2
Calvin Profile PhotoCalvin Profile Photo
Calvin
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Doris Day's is an acceptable Judy alternative (in that it uses the correct lyrics), but they never play that, either.

Here's a question: Who is it that does that REALLY sleepy, draggy version of "Winter Wonderland"? It's a crooner with some non-descript Andrews Sisters-esque backup singers. Is it Perry Como?

It should be banned on the radio as it would be more dangerous to drivers than a whole bottle of Ambien, but I find it strangely comforting at the same time.
Borstalboy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
madbrian Profile Photomadbrian Profile Photo
madbrian
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I hear "Christmas Rapping" all the time. In general, I tend to get sick of Christmas songs rather quickly. Also, I tend to prefer older, 'standard' versions rather than newer takes.

Oh, and if I hear Mariah's "All I Want For Christmas Is You" one more time, I'll puke.
"It does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are 20 gods or no god. It neither picks my pocket, nor breaks my leg." -- Thomas Jefferson
robbiej Profile Photorobbiej Profile Photo
robbiej
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Doesn't Annie Lennox do a pretty terrif WINTER WONDERLAND?

I'll never tire of Mariah Carey's ALL I WANT FOR CHRISTMAS.

And I'm thinking of having a Very Lilith Fair Christmas and purchasing Sarah McLachlin's Xmas album.
"I'm so looking forward to a time when all the Reagan Democrats are dead."
Borstalboy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Miss Stevie Nicks' "Silent Night" is sublime!
Calvin
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Sarah also does a mean "Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas," but also uses the wrong lyrics, unfortunately.
JoeKv99 Profile PhotoJoeKv99 Profile Photo
JoeKv99
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I love "Most Wonderful Time of the Year" so much I want to take it out behind the middle school and get it pregnant!
No good can possibly come from using this vast wasteland of error and deliberate deceit. You should get off of it and warn others away. You should make sure your children and grandchildren know what a corrupt and morally bankrupt institution it truly is.
robbiej Profile Photorobbiej Profile Photo
robbiej
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I love that you are so gay that you call them 'wrong lyrics' instead of saying they're not the 'original lyrics.'

I'm that gay too!
"I'm so looking forward to a time when all the Reagan Democrats are dead."
TheatreDiva90016
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I enjoy 'Wreck The Malls'

Wreck the malls this Christmas season
Fa La La La La La La La La
Blow your cash for no good reason
Push your charge cards to their limit
The checkbook now has nothing in it
"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post. <<>> -whatever2
Calvin
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Is that from "Christmas Songs To Tickle Your Funnybone"? I had that record (yes, record) as a kid. My favorite was "Viva le company."

The record was one of many of my possessions that mysteriously "disappeared" during one of Mama Calvin's cleaning kicks.
Rathnait62 Profile PhotoRathnait62 Profile Photo
Rathnait62
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Borstal, that's a joke about Christmas Rappings, right?
Have I ever shown you my Shattered Dreams box? It's in my Disappointment Closet. - Marge Simpson
TheatreDiva90016
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
That BITCH!