Page: 1

Episcopal Diocese Secedes From Church over Homosexuality

Elphaba Profile PhotoElphaba Profile Photo
Elphaba
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
f-ing ridiculous....and in my state, too.....well Fresno is a world to its own
full story
It is ridiculous to set a detective story in New York City. New York City is itself a detective story... AGATHA CHRISTIE, Life magazine, May 14, 1956
roquat
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
So are they going to form an entirely new church that is just for creeps and bigots? That might not be a bad idea--all the homophobic deadheads in the country could join, and maybe they will FINALLY BE HAPPY AND SHUT UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I ask in all honesty/What would life be?/Without a song and a dance, what are we?/So I say "Thank you for the music/For giving it to me."
Wanna Be A Foster Profile PhotoWanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Pardon my obliviousness, but I can't seem to understand this article without knowing what the hell a "Diocese" is?
"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)
jeniferrenepatricia Profile Photojeniferrenepatricia Profile Photo
jeniferrenepatricia
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
It's the adminitrative division of whatever religion it may be. The "diocese" of any church is the government of the church- it oversees all the changes the church might want to make and approves/disappoves it.
Acting should be bigger than life. Scripts should be bigger than life. It should all be bigger than life.- Bette Davis
Wanna Be A Foster Profile PhotoWanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Sounds like a cult to me.
"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)
Phyllis Rogers Stone
Suspended
Suspended
If you think that's culty, check out transubstantiation.