Page: 1

Send a Christmas card to Milly Del Rubio!

n69n Profile Photon69n Profile Photo
n69n
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
this bulletin was sent out by the guy who runs the DEL RUBIO TRIPLETS myspace:

Hello Everyone and Happy Holidays!

I've been a longtime friend of the ladies and have been along for the ride since the beginning. As many of you know, we lost Eadie a few years back, and Elena followed a couple years later. Milly is still with us, but has had a very rough and lonely time since Elena left her.

You have to imagine yourself in Milly's shoes. The three of them have never been separated, always lived and worked together 24/7, never married, and were literally one person when together. Losing Eadie was like losing a part of their body, and Elena and Milly mourned together. But thankfully, they had each other at the time. It's been years since Elena passed, and the only thing that keeps her going is my telling her that her fans still care and think about her. I still print out your comments for her periodically.

I don't think we have much time left. Milly has been in the hospital for long periods of time in the past few weeks. She's back home now, but she needs something to fight for. Or if anything, just to leave us knowing she is loved.

I simply want to flood her mailbox with Christmas cards from fans! Could you do that for her?... and me? Don't pass this off thinking someone else will do it. If the ladies ever made you smile, or if there is something you remember about them, or you just think they are cool... TELL HER! And PLEASE forward the mailing address and direction to your friends. The more cards, the better.

The only thing I ask is that you keep it simple. A Christmas card and your name is fine! You of course can write messages etc. But, keep it short, and please do not ask for anything like signed photos etc. We are past that point of being able to accommodate, and she will stress out if someone asks because she will feel bad if she doesn't. This is all about her now.

Since she could be in the hospital or elsewhere, please make sure the mailing address is exact as follows so I can make sure it gets to her. Do not say "get well soon" etc, as she does not want anyone to know she is sick.

Send your cards to:
----------------------------------
MS. MILLY DEL RUBIO
VIA: MICHAEL A.
2275 WEST 25TH, 30
SAN PEDRO, CA
90732-4909

(return address is up to you, not required)
----------------------------------

You all have MySpace friends, so post a bulletin in your own words, and just use the address as shown. A casual fan does not need all my babble above! Just a note to your friends, your email list, whatever, saying the Del Rubios rock, send Milly a card! This may very well be her last Christmas.

THANK YOU ALL! You will make Milly's Christmas to get a card from you!

Happy Holidays,

Michael
DelRubio.com

i want to make thngs that count
- George, SUNDAY IN THE PARK WITH GEORGE
TheatreDiva90016 Profile PhotoTheatreDiva90016 Profile Photo
TheatreDiva90016
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Oh, count me in!

I can actually send her pictures now that we all took together YEARS ago.

*edit* Found the picture!

Picture
"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post. <<>> -whatever2
Updated On: 12/7/07 at 03:05 PM
artscallion Profile Photoartscallion Profile Photo
artscallion
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I remember them from Married With Children. They played Peg's cousins The Wanker Triplets from Wanker County, "The home of the gassy beaver"
Art has a double face, of expression and illusion.
romantico Profile Photoromantico Profile Photo
romantico
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Pee Wee's Christmas Special is where I first heard of them. My God, they looked pretty old back then and that was almost 20 years ago. Count me in as well!
'There are three sides to every story. My side, your side, and the truth. And no one is lying. Memories shared serve each one differently' -Robert Evans-
n69n
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
i made a card with my illustration of them & wrote "thank you for all the joy & happiness youve brought".

i mailed it during lunch today.
blueroses
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Weren't they on The Golden Girls once?
SueleenGay Profile PhotoSueleenGay Profile Photo
SueleenGay
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
We used to go see them at a small bar in Long Beach YEARS AND YEARS ago.
I have such fond memories of the 3 gals, with 3 guitars and one birthday.

Besame Mucho, Milly.
PEACE.
Calvin Profile PhotoCalvin Profile Photo
Calvin
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Yes -- the Bob Hope episode.

They sang "Neutron Dance."
Ida Noodleman
Stand-by
Stand-by
I just got this sent to me this morning on Myspace. I remember them on the Pee Wee Herman Chrsitmas show. The Del Rubio Triplets and Grace Jones together on the same show. You gotta love it.
What would Tina Yothers do?
Elphaba Profile PhotoElphaba Profile Photo
Elphaba
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
my God Diva, I thought that was Cha-Cha, the best dancer at St. Bernadette's HS
It is ridiculous to set a detective story in New York City. New York City is itself a detective story... AGATHA CHRISTIE, Life magazine, May 14, 1956
n69n
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
i wanted to bump this...

Milly probably wont see another Christmas, so this is your last chance to give some love to a real live Del Rubio Triplet!!!