Page: 1

Marriage poll

RobbO Profile PhotoRobbO Profile Photo
RobbO
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Marriage poll#0
Posted: 1/6/04 at 10:06pm
An Internet poll conducted by the anti-gay American Family Association (AFA) showed on Tuesday, January 6 more than two-thirds of respondents favor legalizing gay marriage or civil unions, prompting a leading gay marriage activist to note, "We're winning the bad guys' poll!"

check out this link for a group trying to protect the "sanctity" of marriage by barring same sex marriages (looks like their little poll is backfiring.)

http://www.afa.net/petitions/marriagepoll.asp
XING
PED
jrb_actor Profile Photojrb_actor Profile Photo
jrb_actor
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Marriage poll#1
Posted: 1/6/04 at 10:25pm
Yes! I voted in this poll a week ago, and the results are still strongly pro gay marriage. I wonder if they will still present their results as formerly promised?

I also love how my rights are in the hands of others. Yea.

=)
broadwayguy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: Marriage poll#2
Posted: 1/6/04 at 10:26pm
amen.
SueleenGay Profile PhotoSueleenGay Profile Photo
SueleenGay
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: re: Marriage poll#3
Posted: 1/7/04 at 9:28am
It would be great if this were a true poll, but I know for a fact this has been going around the gay boards telling people to go and vote, so I am sure this is a little bit slanted. Much to my chagrin! Don't give up the hope, however. Someday we will be able to declare our lifelong devotion to whomever we choose and have the right to change our minds the next day...just like Brit and the Twit!
PEACE.
papalovesmambo Profile Photopapalovesmambo Profile Photo
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: re: re: marriage poll#4
Posted: 1/7/04 at 11:49am
still, the doggone thing has over 740K votes, heck it might end up with more votes than the next president.
r.i.p. marco, my guardian angel.

...global warming can manifest itself as heat, cool, precipitation, storms, drought, wind, or any other phenomenon, much like a shapeshifter. -- jim geraghty

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

fenchurch=mejusthavingfun=magwildwood=mmousefan=bkcollector=bradmajors=somethingtotalkabout: the fenchurch mpd collective
RobbO Profile PhotoRobbO Profile Photo
RobbO
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: re: re: re: marriage poll#5
Posted: 1/7/04 at 1:30pm
suleen, that's the whole point. once members of the gay community found out about it, they "adopted" the poll as their own and made an effort to get the results our community wants, as referenced below in the original article i was referencing:

"The lopsided nature of the vote shows we're a community that can mobilize and make its point of view known," said polling expert Bob Witeck. "Now what has to happen is we have to translate these votes on the American Family Association's Web site into political commitment, by registering to vote and going out and voting."
XING
PED
Updated On: 1/7/04 at 01:30 PM
LadyGuenevere
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: re: re: re: re: marriage poll#6
Posted: 1/7/04 at 2:02pm
I'm wondering...about those people against same sex marriages- would they be against the 'gay-straight' marriage where it IS members of the opposite sex, yet they have other partners on the side (if the gay person is out)? Just curious.
Updated On: 1/7/04 at 02:02 PM