Page: 5

Amy Winehouse nominated for six Grammy awards

baddadnpa Profile Photobaddadnpa Profile Photo
baddadnpa
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Just playing devil's advocate here, but at least Bette has had some significant recording success outside of the soundtrack arena. Liza's recording success is solely tied to her film or concert career.
The truly beautiful should be lawfully restricted from wearing clothing; and the truly butt-ugly should be lawfully mandated from going naked.
Calvin Profile PhotoCalvin Profile Photo
Calvin
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Well, there was the Pet Shop Boys album, although it didn't do so hot in the U.S.
baddadnpa
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
One album does not make a legend - sorry Liza fans.
The truly beautiful should be lawfully restricted from wearing clothing; and the truly butt-ugly should be lawfully mandated from going naked.
Rathnait62 Profile PhotoRathnait62 Profile Photo
Rathnait62
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I had that Charles Aznavour album she did - I loved it. Probably not a big seller though.
Have I ever shown you my Shattered Dreams box? It's in my Disappointment Closet. - Marge Simpson
JoeKv99 Profile PhotoJoeKv99 Profile Photo
JoeKv99
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I don't begrudge Bette's mountains of Grammys for "The Rose" or even "Wind Beneath my Wings" - I just think a not-quite-thirty minute long collection of by-the-book Xmas songs with not a spark of originality or style is really award-winning.

My point was more that with a hundred categories, sometimes the third or fourth slot in some of the "lesser" fields is really...um...REACHING deep into the bins for a suitable nominee. Hence Eddie Blonczak and the Versatones score of "best traditional Polka" nods.
No good can possibly come from using this vast wasteland of error and deliberate deceit. You should get off of it and warn others away. You should make sure your children and grandchildren know what a corrupt and morally bankrupt institution it truly is.
baddadnpa
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
The traditional album category is always a difficult category. This year is no difference. Even Streisand's live performance was nominated and I though she sounded horrible (I am a fan). Buble will probably win - he is the Sinatra/Bennett heir apparent, so he should be a shoo-in.
Rathnait62 Profile PhotoRathnait62 Profile Photo
Rathnait62
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
You do so begrudge Wind Beneath My Wings.

She deserved every award there is for The Rose, both acting and singing, but pretty much everything she's done from the 90s on has been just awful.
Have I ever shown you my Shattered Dreams box? It's in my Disappointment Closet. - Marge Simpson
Calvin Profile PhotoCalvin Profile Photo
Calvin
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
She's beautiful, dammit.
TheatreDiva90016 Profile PhotoTheatreDiva90016 Profile Photo
TheatreDiva90016
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
And see..

Here I totally agree with Bad.

He brought up a great point, because, frankly (as a Liza impersonator) she hasn't done a thing to warrent a Grammy.
"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post. <<>> -whatever2
baddadnpa
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Wow Diva, I'm shocked you'd put in writing that you agree with me considering our bitch-fest on the other posting.

And don't look now, but I haven't brought up the subject of how much sex I am having at all during this thread. Shoots your theory in the other thread to sh*t, huh.

LOL - let's be friends. You are too well hung for me to be angry at you.
TheatreDiva90016
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Honey, I love you, that's why I care.

I can look at things as they are. If I don't agree with you in one thread, that doesn't mean I don't like you or would hate you in other threads.

I think you need a little smacking about now. re: Amy Winehouse nominated for six Grammy awards
"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post. <<>> -whatever2
baddadnpa
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
A little - that would be too much of a tease. I want to see the results of our meeting for days after we part.
TheatreDiva90016
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Oh, you WILL.
baddadnpa
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Yum