Amy Winehouse nominated for six Grammy awards

JoeKv99 Profile PhotoJoeKv99 Profile Photo
JoeKv99
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
What a pathetic year for music! Kanye gets 8 nominations, Amy gets 6. (I wonder, do they even try to wake her and let her know?)

"The nominees for album of the year are "Echoes, Silence, Patience and Grace" by the Foo Fighters, "These Days" by Vince Gill, "River: The Joni Letters" by Herbie Hancock, "Graduation" by Kanye West and "Back to Black" by Amy Winehouse.

The nominees for song of the year -- a songwriter's honor -- are "Before He Cheats" (performed by Carrie Underwood), "Hey There Delilah" (Plain White Ts), "Like a Star" (Corinne Bailey Rae), "Rehab" (Amy Winehouse) and "Umbrella" (Rihanna)."

WHAT a line up of mediocrity! No wonder the music business is dead.

CNN
No good can possibly come from using this vast wasteland of error and deliberate deceit. You should get off of it and warn others away. You should make sure your children and grandchildren know what a corrupt and morally bankrupt institution it truly is.
Guido Contini Profile PhotoGuido Contini Profile Photo
Guido Contini
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
ouch.

that's all i have to say, just "ouch".
"Applause begets applause in the theatre, as laughter begets laughter and tears beget tears." CLAYTON HAMILTON, "Theory of the Theatre" "I think theater ought to be theatrical ... you know, shuffling the pack in different ways so that it's -- there's always some kind of ambush involved in the experience. You're being ambushed by an unexpected word, or by an elephant falling out of the cupboard, whatever it is." TOM STOPPARD
xxnewgirlxx Profile Photoxxnewgirlxx Profile Photo
xxnewgirlxx
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I have a special place in my heart for "Hey There Delilah", but otherwise..meh. Of course I haven't been excited about the Grammys in years.
blueroses
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I loved Back to Black.
JoeKv99
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
New Girl I too enjoyed "Hey There".... the first several thousand times I heard it. It's a cute song but certainly not one to enshrine for the ages.
No good can possibly come from using this vast wasteland of error and deliberate deceit. You should get off of it and warn others away. You should make sure your children and grandchildren know what a corrupt and morally bankrupt institution it truly is.
iHeartMyGeek Profile PhotoiHeartMyGeek Profile Photo
iHeartMyGeek
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I read the thread title and all I thought was, "But...why?!"

The only song or album listed in those entire two paragraphs is "Like A Star" by Corinne Bailey Rae. Besides that, crap. Crap and more crap. Not surprising.
"I can't figure out what kind of life this is, comedy or tragedy, I just know it's showbiz. And what if I don't agree with the lines I have to read? They don't pay me enough, the way I see it."
TheatreDiva90016 Profile PhotoTheatreDiva90016 Profile Photo
TheatreDiva90016
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
This is just proof that they give those to any whore / drug addict.

Instead of the trophy, they should just send her to re-hab.

(Screw her and her no, no, no)
"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post. <<>> -whatever2
Patronus Profile PhotoPatronus Profile Photo
Patronus
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Umbrella is nominated for a song writer's award?

Nice.
Phyllis Rogers Stone
Suspended
Suspended
My money used to be on that she'd drop dead before she turns 30, but now I'm thinking 25.
Calvin Profile PhotoCalvin Profile Photo
Calvin
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Patronus, it takes incredible skill to write ella, ella, ella...
DottieD'Luscia Profile PhotoDottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
She's a skank and her music should not be rewarded with Grammy nominations.
Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany
TheatreDiva90016
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Umbrella got nominated?!

I won't be watching at all.

What a mess.
"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post. <<>> -whatever2
Kitzarina Profile PhotoKitzarina Profile Photo
Kitzarina
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Congrats to my darling Mika for his nomination in Best Dance Song!!! I just wish the rest of his amazing album was given the attention it deserved...

"Grace Kelly" is my song of the year, hands down.
"You're the worst thing to happen to musical theatre since Andrew Lloyd Webber!" --Family Guy

"Shut up! It's been 29 years!!!" --the incomparable Patti LuPone in her MUCH DESERVED Tony acceptance speech for Gypsy.

Kitzy's Avatar du Jour: Kitzy as Little Red Ridinghood in her college's production of "Into the Woods"
iHeartMyGeek
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Wow, I just realized that all of the song nominees this year were incredibly repetitive. Whether it's "ella, ella, ella..." or "no, no, no..." or "right now...", they all have really irritatingly echoing lines. That must be the new trend in music.
"I can't figure out what kind of life this is, comedy or tragedy, I just know it's showbiz. And what if I don't agree with the lines I have to read? They don't pay me enough, the way I see it."
harris007 Profile Photoharris007 Profile Photo
harris007
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
very true diva look how many liza has, yup your right
Attend the tale of Bovine Boy His party threads we all enjoy But does he have Mad Cow Disease? He doesn't eat beef - but cows skating? - oh please!!! With cocoa!?! And lemonade!?! The heifer-mad poster of Broadway (World)
Calvin
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Delilah uses a whole, what, three chords?
iHeartMyGeek
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Delilah's a sweet song but it could've been written by a computer, seriously.
TheatreDiva90016
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
"very true diva look how many liza has, yup your right"

Liza is no where near as messy as Amy.

No contest.
Kristie-K2 Profile PhotoKristie-K2 Profile Photo
Kristie-K2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I heard that Meryl Streep was nominated.....
wexy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I happen to like her singing but I think that Amy will be found in some gutter within a year.
'Take me out tonight where's there's music and there's people and they're young and alive.'
Calvin
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Or on an island with that Manic Street Preachers guy...
justagirl2 Profile Photojustagirl2 Profile Photo
justagirl2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I quite like Amy, but this does prove that the Grammys have jumped the ship.
JoeKv99
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Actually, Liza has never won a Grammy Award- she was presented a "Grammy Legend" honorary award in 1990.
Borstalboy Profile PhotoBorstalboy Profile Photo
Borstalboy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
You guys are looking at the FAWKING GRAMMYS for musical brilliance?????? Bitches, please! This is SO par for the course!
"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing. ~ Muhammad Ali
Kristie-K2 Profile PhotoKristie-K2 Profile Photo
Kristie-K2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Found it.....Best Spoken Word Album for Chldren
Meryl Streep and Stanley Tucci
The One and Only Shrek