about that iran report...

papalovesmambo Profile Photopapalovesmambo Profile Photo
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
about that iran report...#1
Posted: 12/6/07 at 7:34am
while some folks are content to revel in the illusion that the heads of 16 intelligence agencies got together and developed a report with absolutely no white house involvement (i know, you have visions of them cackling together in a dark room, "oh boy will this show that darn dubya!"), back in the real world it just ain't possible, folks. that kind of coordination doesn't happen without the white house being involved. it is humorous to watch the white house linked directly to everything that happens anywhere in the world exceept this.

the reality is, a deal's been struck with iran and this is step one of the roll-out.

no one bothered to note that this comes curiously close to - like on the day of - the mid-east peace talks that just started in annapolis.

it comes after the israelis showed just how serious we and they are about a non-nuclear gulf with their little visit to syria.

clearly the aggressive talk continued after 2003 because we were pressing for a deal which only now has been brokered.

it is curious to note that they stopped in 2003 right after we sent 150,000 troops to became their neighbors.

so, dubya will go down in history as the man who kept iran from getting the bomb and who took out saddam hussein and with the iranians are on board to throttle hezbollah...peace between the palestinians and the israelis? oh it's legacy time.

so go ahead, start the impeachment process, crow about poor dumb george, rail about the neo-cons (who woke up the other morning and realized they had been frozen out). i'll be over here giggling and sipping a single malt.
r.i.p. marco, my guardian angel.

...global warming can manifest itself as heat, cool, precipitation, storms, drought, wind, or any other phenomenon, much like a shapeshifter. -- jim geraghty

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

fenchurch=mejusthavingfun=magwildwood=mmousefan=bkcollector=bradmajors=somethingtotalkabout: the fenchurch mpd collective
PalJoey Profile PhotoPalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: about that iran report...#2
Posted: 12/6/07 at 7:44am
So you're saying "best president ever"?

Stop sipping single-malt scotches at 7:30 in the morning.

Wake up and smell the Starbuck's.

===

Former US ambassador to the United Nations John Bolton told Fox News that the White House was "taken aback" by the new NIE report's conclusions.

"I think they were floored by it, since it's inconsistent with what the intelligence community was telling them as recently as a week ago," he said. "In fact, members of the House and Senate were briefed on this last week, and there was no mention of the suspension point. So, I think there are some questions that need to be raised about how this thing was put together and what its conclusions are."
HDThoreau2 Profile PhotoHDThoreau2 Profile Photo
HDThoreau2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: about that iran report...#2
Posted: 12/6/07 at 8:32am
this says it all...

"it is curious to note that they stopped in 2003 right after we sent 150,000 troops to became their neighbors."
If Tom DeLay is The Hammer, then I proclaim a new title for the Speaker of the House, Nancy Pelosi: The Briber. Nancy Pelosi had to bribe her members with spinach to get their votes.
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: about that iran report...#3
Posted: 12/6/07 at 9:16am
whoever's typing for the xeniacs this morning, i got two words for ya f*ck and you. go die.

what position does bolton currently hold in this administration? after vilifying him for how long, now he's your go to guy? and i need to quit drinking in the morning, huh?

...global warming can manifest itself as heat, cool, precipitation, storms, drought, wind, or any other phenomenon, much like a shapeshifter. -- jim geraghty

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

fenchurch=mejusthavingfun=magwildwood=mmousefan=bkcollector=bradmajors=somethingtotalkabout: the fenchurch mpd collective
Borstalboy Profile PhotoBorstalboy Profile Photo
Borstalboy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: about that iran report...#4
Posted: 12/6/07 at 9:21am
Oh, Papa...is this how you treat someone who gives you for your birthday topless girls bouncing with their Wii??
"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing. ~ Muhammad Ali
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: about that iran report...#5
Posted: 12/6/07 at 9:28am
bb, the bouncing wii girls made my night. the mr. asked, "more boobies from your gay friends? you sure they're gay?"

and pj, not best president ever. he clearly hasn't matched my beloved nixon yet.

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

PalJoey
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: about that iran report...#6
Posted: 12/6/07 at 9:50am
Papa--yer blowing smoke up the president's ass. Bush, Cheney and the Neocons were blindsided by the NIE. Cheney tried to squash it, and they've sent out the Neo's to swiftboat it.

Stormin' Norman Podhoretz even said yesterday "I entertain an even darker suspicion. It is that the intelligence community, which has for some years now been leaking material calculated to undermine George W. Bush, is doing it again."
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: about that iran report...#7
Posted: 12/6/07 at 9:56am
no, pj, this was sayanora to the neo-cons. look at the timing. no way was it developed in secrecy. across 16 agencies? in the leakiest administration this side of the titanic? there'll be no "we have a deal with iran" moment, but mark my words: the world is going to look very, very diferent in about six months and it won't be the gop that's hyping the iran threat.

now say it with me, "president huckabee."

and yes, different for the better.

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

PalJoey
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: about that iran report...#8
Posted: 12/6/07 at 10:07am
I'm not saying it was secret--Cheney tried to squelch it.

And Bush couldn't read it--there were too many big words.

Huckabee is soft on rapists and murders--it'll be President Willie Horton before it's President Hock-a-reprieve.
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: about that iran report...#9
Posted: 12/6/07 at 10:14am
of course cheney tried to squelch it. he's the devil, it's pretty much required of him.

laura read it to george at bedtime.

willie horton wasn't what killed dukakis, it was his answer in the debate about his family, the silly pic of him in that helmet and the fact that he was a three foot tall massachussetts liberal with a head the size of a pinata (not that any of the people who voted against him knew what a pinata was, but by god it sounded pretty doggone un-american!) and the charisma of calvin coolidge on thorazine.

ya better be careful about what ya say about huck. he's got a vindictive streak that makes nixon look like ghandi.

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

PalJoey
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: about that iran report...#10
Posted: 12/6/07 at 10:19am
gandhi
JoeKv99 Profile PhotoJoeKv99 Profile Photo
JoeKv99
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: about that iran report...#11
Posted: 12/6/07 at 10:22am
Papa I'd watch Fox if you were on it.
No good can possibly come from using this vast wasteland of error and deliberate deceit. You should get off of it and warn others away. You should make sure your children and grandchildren know what a corrupt and morally bankrupt institution it truly is.
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: about that iran report...#12
Posted: 12/6/07 at 10:26am
ghandi gandhi gondy, you knew the bespectacled, diaper wearin' f*ck i meant.

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

HDThoreau2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: about that iran report...#13
Posted: 12/6/07 at 3:58pm
We have always supported Bolten.

Bush Wins! America wins! Iran has no nukes thanks to Bush/Cheney/Rice.
If Tom DeLay is The Hammer, then I proclaim a new title for the Speaker of the House, Nancy Pelosi: The Briber. Nancy Pelosi had to bribe her members with spinach to get their votes.
PalJoey
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: about that iran report...#14
Posted: 12/6/07 at 4:08pm
You're a F*CKing piece of ShIt troll, who deserves to be waterboarded.

The former ambassador's name is Bolton, with an "o"--you stupid assHole.
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: about that iran report...#15
Posted: 12/6/07 at 4:29pm
pj, if you get my thread deleted, dick cheney will shoot you in the face.

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

HDThoreau2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: about that iran report...#16
Posted: 12/6/07 at 4:31pm
It's a great thread. Bush Wins!

Thank you Bush and Cheney for making America great again, and for saving for the middle east.
PalJoey
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: about that iran report...#17
Posted: 12/6/07 at 4:34pm
I sometimes like when guys shoot in my face.
Borstalboy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: about that iran report...#18
Posted: 12/6/07 at 4:35pm
Don't we all, PJ...don't we all.
"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing. ~ Muhammad Ali
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: about that iran report...#19
Posted: 12/6/07 at 4:37pm
the bukkake boys.

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

Borstalboy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: about that iran report...#20
Posted: 12/6/07 at 4:38pm
Oh, now Papa! Don't tell me you don't love it when the Mrs. goes chasing waterfalls.
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: about that iran report...#21
Posted: 12/6/07 at 4:42pm
i gotta admit i never saw the point of painting a house when i could fill a balloon.

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

PalJoey
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: about that iran report...#22
Posted: 12/7/07 at 12:28pm
Review of Iran Intelligence to Be Sought
As Conservatives Reject New NIE, Republican Senators to Urge Congressional Panel

By Robin Wright and Glenn Kessler
Washington Post Staff Writers
Friday, December 7, 2007; Page A09

Senate Republicans are planning to call for a congressional commission to investigate the conclusions of the new National Intelligence Estimate on Iran as well as the specific intelligence that went into it, according to congressional sources.

The move is the first official challenge, but it comes amid growing backlash from conservatives and neoconservatives unhappy about the assessment that Iran halted a clandestine nuclear weapons program four years ago. It reflects how quickly the NIE has become politicized, with critics even going after the analysts who wrote it, and shows a split among Republicans.

[more at link]
Review of Iran Intelligence to Be Sought: As Conservatives Reject New NIE, Republican Senators to Urge Congressional Panel
robbiej Profile Photorobbiej Profile Photo
robbiej
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: about that iran report...#23
Posted: 12/7/07 at 12:40pm
I've never seen so many people upset over a nation abandoning it's quest for a nuclear weapon.

In what bizarro world am I living??
"I'm so looking forward to a time when all the Reagan Democrats are dead."
Mister Matt Profile PhotoMister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: about that iran report...#24
Posted: 12/7/07 at 1:15pm
The United States of Bush, robbiej. Makes you long for a Brazilian.
"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian