Broadway Legend
"Jaws is the Citizen Kane of movies."
blocked: logan2, Diamonds3, Hamilton22
harris007 Profile Photoharris007 Profile Photo
harris007
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
sad very sad
Attend the tale of Bovine Boy His party threads we all enjoy But does he have Mad Cow Disease? He doesn't eat beef - but cows skating? - oh please!!! With cocoa!?! And lemonade!?! The heifer-mad poster of Broadway (World)
wexy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Terrible and then someone will blame guns.
'Take me out tonight where's there's music and there's people and they're young and alive.'
best12bars Profile Photobest12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
And then the national media will turn the killer into a tragic celebrity du jour, and discuss at length "why he did it," which is exactly what he wanted.

They will give him his chance to be heard and remembered.
"Jaws is the Citizen Kane of movies."
blocked: logan2, Diamonds3, Hamilton22
folkyboy Profile Photofolkyboy Profile Photo
folkyboy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
i have to agree with besty. this f*cker deserves to have zero attention paid to him for this craziness. it's bad enough the families had to live through it the first time around
DayDreamer Profile PhotoDayDreamer Profile Photo
DayDreamer
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Wow. Makes my stomach turn.
Celebrate Life

Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. - Randy Pausch

Jon
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I actually worked at the Westroads Mall in the mid-1970's. My parents ran the Westroads Dinner Theatre and I worked as a busboy/prop person (I was in high school). We left in 1976. The dinner theatre closed 2 years later.

At one point in the 70's there were three Equity theates in Omaha. Now there are none.
Yawper
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
and in all the public analysis there won't be a peep said about the lack of mental health parity and access to treatment
SueleenGay Profile PhotoSueleenGay Profile Photo
SueleenGay
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
This is always so sad, but this time of year makes it even harder. I mean, lets face it, in addition to the loss of life this mall's holiday profits are done. Would you want to shop there now?

Personally, I would like to hear about the shooter. I think it fascinating to try to understand what makes people snap.

And Besty, if you feel that strongly about it, why did you start the thread? I mean you are adding to the attention, aren't you? (I am not criticizing, just curious how you and folkboy justify posting about it if you don't think the guy should get any attention.)
PEACE.
FindingNamo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
"i have to agree with besty. this f*cker deserves to have zero attention paid to him for this craziness"

We're Americans, we love our crazies. This explains why HD is still allowed to post here.
Can you hear me now? Twitter: @NamoInExile
brdlwyr
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
My friend's relative was in the store. Very tragic, we were in that mall a few weeks ago!
StickToPriest Profile PhotoStickToPriest Profile Photo
StickToPriest
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
"which is exactly what he wanted."

Apparently his suicide note says he wanted to "go out in style" and "now I'll be famous."

DISGUSTING.
"One no longer loves one's insight enough once one communicates it."

The opposite of creation isn't war, it's stagnation.
Yawper
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
SweetQintheLights
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Getting fired from McDonalds?

I thought anyone could work there!

"do you want fries with that?"
"How bout a little black dress?"~hannahshule "I have a penis, not a vagina." ~munkustrap178
SueleenGay
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
And sweetQ is off and running...
nice way to put anyone who works at McDonald's down, sweet. I even hate calling you that. Can I just refer to you as Dumbmoroninthedark?

PEACE.
SueleenGay
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

(sorry, that was too tasteless, even for me.)
PEACE.
Updated On: 12/6/07 at 12:27 AM
SNAFU Profile PhotoSNAFU Profile Photo
SNAFU
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I never find degrading McDonald workers or their jobs funny. It is an honest work in a service industry. Maybe not high on the payscale but an honest job none the less.
It is so sad when people who need help are either overlooked or fall throught he cracks. I don't profess to know what demons this boy was battling with but it is very sad that it caused so much loss of life. I am sure ther were warning signs, just no one there to read them .
Those Blocked: SueStorm. N2N Nate. Good riddence to stupid! Rad-Z, shill begone!
DG
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Shoot his mother!

I'm kidding. Honestly.

And Sueleen, despite our difficulties, I really do think you are wonderful most of the time - like here, for instance.
Yawper
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Nothing like doing everything the way you're taught you should - be nice to people, be helpful, be thankful - and still get screwed over by life - lose the girl, lose the job, family had already kicked him out -

anger and frustration turned inward become depression, sometimes there's too much to be contained

What does a 19 year old like him see for his future?
DG
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
"What does a 19 year old like him see for his future?"

Are you SERIOUS with that?!?

And to follow your ideology - concerning doing 'everything you're taught' - where did the idea of shooting strangers as a solution come from?
Yawper
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
yeah, I'm serious with that - some kids have it a lot rougher than others and just don't have the resiliency to bounce back many times

the idea of shooting strangers isn't a solution - it's a public venting - a brief moment of empowerment

the suicide is the solution

DG
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Sorry, Yawper, but as someone who attempted suicide myself - WITHOUT deciding to take anyone else with me - I don't buy it.

If, indeed, the road was 'rougher than others', then my sympathy is intact. But not to the point of explaining - much less excusing - this kind of action.

At some point, we ARE responsible for our own decisions - and this kind of disdain for any other life is inexcusable. At least in my world.

I continue to shudder at the thought that there are those who don't agree.
Yawper
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I'm not excusing or endorsing anything - just describing a behavioral pattern.

And no one else's situation is invalidated just because it doesn't match yours.
DG
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
"And no one else's situation is invalidated just because it doesn't match yours."

I agree. Seriously.

But I just can't reach a point where the random destruction of other people's existences is justified by your own pain.
SueleenGay
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
But I just can't reach a point where the random destruction of other people's existences is justified by your own pain.

Once you accept the fact that people with mental illness are not always rational it becomes easier to understand.
PEACE.