Borstalboy Profile PhotoBorstalboy Profile Photo
Borstalboy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Ahhhh...the French. #1
Posted: 12/4/07 at 11:58am
Hilarious or depressing? Or both?
Orson Welles Did A Little Testing of the Product
"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing. ~ Muhammad Ali
Elphaba Profile PhotoElphaba Profile Photo
Elphaba
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Ahhhh...the French. #2
Posted: 12/4/07 at 12:32pm
the French? It's a Paul Masson commercial, a company originated in Saratoga, California; my hometown....a US company

Not sure I understand a reference to the French.

It is ridiculous to set a detective story in New York City. New York City is itself a detective story... AGATHA CHRISTIE, Life magazine, May 14, 1956
JoeKv99 Profile PhotoJoeKv99 Profile Photo
JoeKv99
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Ahhhh...the French. #2
Posted: 12/4/07 at 12:51pm
I haven't watched this one- there was an audio file of Orson botching another commercial a while back. I can only think that if I was the greatest director of all time and had to pay the bills making commercials, I'd be testy too.
No good can possibly come from using this vast wasteland of error and deliberate deceit. You should get off of it and warn others away. You should make sure your children and grandchildren know what a corrupt and morally bankrupt institution it truly is.
Borstalboy Profile PhotoBorstalboy Profile Photo
Borstalboy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Ahhhh...the French. #3
Posted: 12/4/07 at 12:53pm
Not to mention lifting a few.
"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing. ~ Muhammad Ali
TheatreDiva90016 Profile PhotoTheatreDiva90016 Profile Photo
TheatreDiva90016
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Ahhhh...the French. #4
Posted: 12/4/07 at 1:27pm
Why did they just keep on trying to film an obviously drunk man?

Goog Lord,

IT'S A WRAP!
"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post. <<>> -whatever2
Color and Light
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Ahhhh...the French. #5
Posted: 12/4/07 at 5:22pm
I'm just amused by the fact that I'm pretty sure there was a "sexcellence" in there somewhere.

Had to throw these in:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3B3C5hR1lk&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IH1PJTY9AVA
Stop looking at my charisma.
Updated On: 12/4/07 at 05:22 PM
Elphaba Profile PhotoElphaba Profile Photo
Elphaba
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Ahhhh...the French. #6
Posted: 12/4/07 at 6:56pm
It is ridiculous to set a detective story in New York City. New York City is itself a detective story... AGATHA CHRISTIE, Life magazine, May 14, 1956