A 2007 Thread That Will give You Insight Into Who CountA/HDThoreau2 Is

Mister Matt Profile PhotoMister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Dumb and Dumber#126
Posted: 12/6/07 at 11:30am
Why do you care so much? That's the real question isn't it?

1) I kind of already answered that question.
2) Because I was curious why anyone chooses being the troll's bitch. Now I know why. It's a conscious choice.

Coming into this thread and talking down to the people who have chosen to engage the troll isn't exactly keeping the thread on topic, is it?

Actually, it kind of is, since the thread went off course a long time ago.

When I tire of it, I'll look elsewhere for my amusement.

How many years is it going to take?

Do you honestly believe that everything you've said in your post is some great revelation to the rest of us?

It must be considering how those who still engage the troll appear to believe the troll actually believes what it says. Not to mention how the responses have never changed since the troll first showed up how many years ago? Now that I know you feed the troll purposely, I can look forward to more long pointless threads of manufactured arguments simply for the sake of trying to make a troll look stupid when it's really just putting on an act to make the feeder look stupid (and ultimately succeeding). While it's easier to ignore the troll and carry on intelligent political discussions, we can all look forward to wading through pages and pages of the troll gleefully getting everything it wants and laughing its ass off that the same people heel whenever it yanks their leash.

Thanks.

I just happen to find this one particularly funny, and I enjoy seeing just how outrageous and stupid he can actually be.

The answer is simple. He'll be as outrageous and stupid as you want him to be to keep you going. The troll-feeders are the only reason he's here. And their responses to him aren't really making them look any smarter.
"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian
Craig Profile PhotoCraig Profile Photo
Craig
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Dumb and Dumber#127
Posted: 12/6/07 at 11:40am
Matt-

The fact is - you'll never get everyone on a message board to NOT respond to any troll. So the point is pretty moot. We all know exactly what's going on and we just don't really care anymore. I don't think anyone here is actually angry or frustrated or anything that HDT wishes we were. It's an amusement. No one is anyone's "bitch" as you refer to it

There are many things in life that have or serve no purpose, but people still do them - "just cuz"

Bottom line with this or any other thread is that if you don't want to read - don't. No worries.
"A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men" - Willy Wonka
JustAGuy Profile PhotoJustAGuy Profile Photo
JustAGuy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Dumb and Dumber#128
Posted: 12/6/07 at 11:41am
Well, I guess you'll just have to be content knowing that you possess the superior intellect. Congratulations!

I'll just wallow in my shallowness, allow the troll to make me look stupid and you can continue to look down your nose at me, and we'll both be happy.

Cheers!

"Just a Guy. Your feelings are touching. I am gladdened by the thought that you will one day wind up 6 feet under as we all do." - MrRoxy ------ "I do not suggest you walk out the door onto a New York street with your vulnerable child part exposed and not protected..." - Jason Bennett
Mister Matt
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Dumb and Dumber#129
Posted: 12/6/07 at 12:14pm
I don't think anyone here is actually angry or frustrated or anything that HDT wishes we were.

I beg to differ. Which is why so many people still bitch about the contents of his posts and his numerous sock puppets.

No one is anyone's "bitch" as you refer to it

But they actually kind of are, aren't they? I mean, you say it's an amusement, but it all really boils down to the troll is the one most amused.

Well, I guess you'll just have to be content knowing that you possess the superior intellect. Congratulations!

Well, thank you!

I'll just wallow in my shallowness, allow the troll to make me look stupid and you can continue to look down your nose at me, and we'll both be happy.

Cheers!

Oh, good grief! I just wanted to know why someone who admits they are playing into someone else's game would continue to do so year after year. You honestly answered the question. I never claimed to have any superior intellect or otherwise, so your passive-aggressive BS is pointless. And while I was responding to some of your posts, my question was directed at anyone who continues to feed the troll.

And seriously, I don't dislike you or PalJoey or Craig or anyone else who feeds the troll. I'm just really tired of it. It's been going on for so long and it's always the same thing. The troll makes an intentionally stupid remark which starts and endless thread where several people react like it's something he really meant and he continues with his charade and gets more reactions and he keeps it going as long as he can. And he eventually gets banned or forgets his password or gets bored and pops up as a new member. Everyone figures out it's him again and we start all over again. And again. And again.
JustAGuy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Dumb and Dumber#130
Posted: 12/6/07 at 12:22pm
"Oh, good grief! I just wanted to know why someone who admits they are playing into someone else's game would continue to do so year after year. You honestly answered the question. I never claimed to have any superior intellect or otherwise, so your passive-aggressive BS is pointless."

My passive-aggressive BS? What about yours? It this isn't passive-aggressive, I don't know what is.

"It must be considering how those who still engage the troll appear to believe the troll actually believes what it says. Not to mention how the responses have never changed since the troll first showed up how many years ago? Now that I know you feed the troll purposely, I can look forward to more long pointless threads of manufactured arguments simply for the sake of trying to make a troll look stupid when it's really just putting on an act to make the feeder look stupid (and ultimately succeeding). While it's easier to ignore the troll and carry on intelligent political discussions, we can all look forward to wading through pages and pages of the troll gleefully getting everything it wants and laughing its ass off that the same people heel whenever it yanks their leash.

Thanks."

Physician heal thyself.

"Just a Guy. Your feelings are touching. I am gladdened by the thought that you will one day wind up 6 feet under as we all do." - MrRoxy ------ "I do not suggest you walk out the door onto a New York street with your vulnerable child part exposed and not protected..." - Jason Bennett
Updated On: 12/6/07 at 12:22 PM
Mister Matt
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Dumb and Dumber#131
Posted: 12/6/07 at 12:32pm
Ha! You're right! I was being a bit passive-agressive, but there was actually more honesty in what I had to say, since the likelihood of troll-feeding will continue, whereas your passive-aggressive comments were based on your projections of my state of mind. So it's a bit different, but I get what you're saying.
JustAGuy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Dumb and Dumber#132
Posted: 12/6/07 at 12:58pm
"...whereas your passive-aggressive comments were based on your projections of my state of mind."

You can't dis-allow people's projections on your state of mind when you use those same projections yourself. You've projected your reasons for why the troll does what he does, but, you won't allow me to project on your state of mind? Hmmmmmm...it's a bit of a double standard isn't it?

papalovesmambo Profile Photopapalovesmambo Profile Photo
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
angry c*cks*ckers#133
Posted: 12/6/07 at 1:00pm
i don't believe that this thread exists.
r.i.p. marco, my guardian angel.

...global warming can manifest itself as heat, cool, precipitation, storms, drought, wind, or any other phenomenon, much like a shapeshifter. -- jim geraghty

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

fenchurch=mejusthavingfun=magwildwood=mmousefan=bkcollector=bradmajors=somethingtotalkabout: the fenchurch mpd collective
Borstalboy Profile PhotoBorstalboy Profile Photo
Borstalboy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
angry c*cks*ckers#134
Posted: 12/6/07 at 1:05pm
It doesn't Papa.

Its all a kind of smoke that's arising from the ashes of the deadened area of our brains.
"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing. ~ Muhammad Ali
Mister Matt
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Dumb and Dumber#135
Posted: 12/6/07 at 1:13pm
I didn't dis-allow anyone anything. I was speaking about you and me. I made assumptions regarding the troll's motives, to which you confirmed your agreement therby establishing a mutual assumption as a constant to stabilize the topic of discussion. Your projections about my feelings of superiority were nothing I myself indicated or agreed upon, which would be nothing more than a biased unqualified variable, so it's not actually a double-standard.

Of course, this is all based on my assumption that you are projecting, when in fact, you may just be assuming, but I think there is enough to call it projecting.

ETA: Grammar boo-boo
Updated On: 12/6/07 at 01:13 PM
Mister Matt
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Dumb and Dumber#136
Posted: 12/6/07 at 1:14pm
papa and Borstal - But don't you see? It's so much fun! If you're lucky, we'll keep this up for at least three years for everyone to read every single day!

FUN! FUN! FUN!
PalJoey Profile PhotoPalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Dumb and Dumber#137
Posted: 12/6/07 at 1:20pm
"it all really boils down to the troll is the one most amused"

I disagree. I think it may have started out with the troll laughing at us. But sometime back, the tables turned.
JustAGuy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Dumb and Dumber#138
Posted: 12/6/07 at 1:23pm
"Your projections about my feelings of superiority were nothing I myself indicated or agreed upon, which would be nothing more than a biased unqualified variable, so it's not actually a double-standard."

EDIT:

But is it an assumption or a projection?

I believe you were projecting your superiority when you put down others for engaging the troll. Was that incorrect?

Updated On: 12/6/07 at 01:23 PM
Mister Matt
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Dumb and Dumber#139
Posted: 12/6/07 at 1:32pm
So does that mean, unless the troll verifies our assumptions then we can only be projecting?

Nope. If the troll verifies my assumption, then it would do nothing more than disprove the idea htat I created a double-standard. It would have nothing to do with projection.
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
angry c*cks*ckers#140
Posted: 12/6/07 at 1:32pm
are you there, borstal? it's me, papa.

...global warming can manifest itself as heat, cool, precipitation, storms, drought, wind, or any other phenomenon, much like a shapeshifter. -- jim geraghty

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

fenchurch=mejusthavingfun=magwildwood=mmousefan=bkcollector=bradmajors=somethingtotalkabout: the fenchurch mpd collective
Mister Matt
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
angry c*cks*ckers#141
Posted: 12/6/07 at 1:34pm
Don't bother trying to talk to Borstal, papa. We have TROLLS TO FEED!
JustAGuy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
angry c*cks*ckers#142
Posted: 12/6/07 at 1:44pm
Matt, it's been lovely chatting with you.

But long story short. I reserve the right to engage with anyone, whether they be a troll or not. I don't really care how you or anyone else feels about it or about me for doing it. I'm not going to censor how I interact on this board to satisfy someone else.

I appreciate your opinions, they just don't happen to be mine.
Mister Matt
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
angry c*cks*ckers#143
Posted: 12/6/07 at 1:52pm
Ok. I never said you didn't have the right to engage with anyone.
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
angry c*cks*ckers#144
Posted: 12/6/07 at 1:59pm
wait, jag and matt are engaged? what about jarico? oh you hartless, fickle man you!

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

JustAGuy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
angry c*cks*ckers#145
Posted: 12/6/07 at 1:59pm
Ok, I'll rephrase.

I will continue to engage with anyone...

How's that? It doesn't infer that you're trying infringe on my rights and it unequivocally states my intentions.
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
angry c*cks*ckers#146
Posted: 12/6/07 at 2:28pm
i will continue to engage with anyone...

ok, obama.

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

JustAGuy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
angry c*cks*ckers#147
Posted: 12/6/07 at 2:39pm
Yes, Papa.

I'll even engage with you.
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
angry c*cks*ckers#148
Posted: 12/6/07 at 2:48pm
eeeek! i'm being engaged by the gay agenda...and jag!

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

JustAGuy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
angry c*cks*ckers#149
Posted: 12/6/07 at 2:49pm
You've never had it so good!
Mister Matt
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
angry c*cks*ckers#150
Posted: 12/6/07 at 3:07pm
papa - I hate to tell you this, but if you actually say, "eeeek!", you have obviously been engaged by the gay agenda more than once. Probably on your back.