huck and hussein lead in ioway

papalovesmambo Profile Photopapalovesmambo Profile Photo
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
huck and hussein lead in ioway#1
Posted: 12/2/07 at 5:56pm
a welfare lovin' baptist preacher from arkansas with no money's leading the gop and a muslim crack dealer from chi-town's leading the dems.

god i love primary season.
the dark horses open leads on the front runners out where the corn grows
r.i.p. marco, my guardian angel.

...global warming can manifest itself as heat, cool, precipitation, storms, drought, wind, or any other phenomenon, much like a shapeshifter. -- jim geraghty

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

fenchurch=mejusthavingfun=magwildwood=mmousefan=bkcollector=bradmajors=somethingtotalkabout: the fenchurch mpd collective
StickToPriest Profile PhotoStickToPriest Profile Photo
StickToPriest
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: huck and hussein lead in ioway#2
Posted: 12/2/07 at 6:00pm
Look at how tight the Democrats are!

Obama - 28%
Clinton - 25%
Edwards - 23%

This is gonna get intense!!
"One no longer loves one's insight enough once one communicates it."

The opposite of creation isn't war, it's stagnation.
Mr Roxy Profile PhotoMr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: huck and hussein lead in ioway#2
Posted: 12/2/07 at 6:37pm
Something is going to interfere with Hillary's coronation?

I am totally far klempt.
Poster Emeritus
iHeartMyGeek Profile PhotoiHeartMyGeek Profile Photo
iHeartMyGeek
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: huck and hussein lead in ioway#3
Posted: 12/2/07 at 6:41pm
I hate them all, I don't even care who gets the nom anymore.
"I can't figure out what kind of life this is, comedy or tragedy, I just know it's showbiz. And what if I don't agree with the lines I have to read? They don't pay me enough, the way I see it."
Mr Roxy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: huck and hussein lead in ioway#4
Posted: 12/2/07 at 6:42pm
True but it is fun to watch.

Just think, almost 1 more year of this stuff.
Poster Emeritus
Updated On: 12/2/07 at 06:42 PM
iHeartMyGeek
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: huck and hussein lead in ioway#5
Posted: 12/2/07 at 6:46pm
Yes, but I find politics are often very much like sports, and it's much less fun to watch if you don't have someone to root for. God knows I'm not about to cheer for anyone on the Republican side and all three of the leading Democrats are detestable. It's depressing more than entertaining, really.
"I can't figure out what kind of life this is, comedy or tragedy, I just know it's showbiz. And what if I don't agree with the lines I have to read? They don't pay me enough, the way I see it."
Mr Roxy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: huck and hussein lead in ioway#6
Posted: 12/2/07 at 6:47pm
A pox on them all
Poster Emeritus
StickToPriest
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: huck and hussein lead in ioway#7
Posted: 12/2/07 at 6:47pm
What is your specific reasoning for each candidate on why they are detestable??

iHeartMyGeek
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: huck and hussein lead in ioway#8
Posted: 12/2/07 at 6:53pm
Well, Edwards comes off as schmoozy and very much more-of-the-same politically, just another white male from the South who's not terribly forward thinking. Clinton's fli-floppy and, again, just too much of a "politician": I don't find myself able to trust her. Obama's the most likeable of the trio, but I still don't get a strong message from him and I'm not sure how assertive he'd be. Not to mention the old excuse, he's still new to politics and he'll probably be very different a few years from now than he is presently. Maybe I'm just being cynical and nitpicky, but that's how I feel about it.
FindingNamo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: huck and hussein lead in ioway#9
Posted: 12/2/07 at 6:57pm
Please, please don't use the term flip-flop anymore. I'm just so sick of it. It usually only gets applied to Dems and is trotted out all the time.
Can you hear me now? Twitter: @NamoInExile
iHeartMyGeek
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: huck and hussein lead in ioway#10
Posted: 12/2/07 at 7:02pm
My apologies. I don't feel that she's adamant and steadfast on some of her positions. That better?
Roscoe
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: huck and hussein lead in ioway#11
Posted: 12/2/07 at 7:02pm
Namo, flip-flop is easier to spell than hypocrisy. Can't be using too many big words for them voters, might be sounding all educated, you know.
"If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to worry about the answers." Thomas Pynchon, GRAVITY'S RAINBOW "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." Philip K. Dick My blog: http://www.roscoewrites.blogspot.com/
StickToPriest
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: huck and hussein lead in ioway#12
Posted: 12/2/07 at 7:41pm
How is Edwards "not terribly forward thinking"?

He's for equal rights for same-sex couples, a plan for withdrawl from Iraq, strengthening the ability of law enforcement to investigate and prosecute hate crimes based on sexual orientation, allowing gays to adopt, the repeal of "Don't Ask, Don't Tell," overhauling the student loan system and financial aid, energy initiatives to help stop global warming, fully funded veterans health care, raising the minimum wage, etc.

How is that not forward thinking?

The only issue he really isn't "forward thinking" on is gay marriage. He's for equal rights (ie, civil unions) just not marriage.

papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: huck and hussein lead in ioway#13
Posted: 12/2/07 at 7:47pm
yeah, can we lay off the edwards bashing. as the below video shows, he's thinking about things forward of him.
i feel pretty

...global warming can manifest itself as heat, cool, precipitation, storms, drought, wind, or any other phenomenon, much like a shapeshifter. -- jim geraghty

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

fenchurch=mejusthavingfun=magwildwood=mmousefan=bkcollector=bradmajors=somethingtotalkabout: the fenchurch mpd collective
iHeartMyGeek
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: huck and hussein lead in ioway#14
Posted: 12/2/07 at 7:50pm
*sigh* As always, I apologize for having an opinion.
StickToPriest
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: huck and hussein lead in ioway#15
Posted: 12/2/07 at 7:52pm
I'm not saying you shouldn't have an opinion. I'm just asking what your basis for thinking that Edwards is not "forward thinking" comes from. I'm genuinely curious, and I think it's a fair question.

papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: huck and hussein lead in ioway#16
Posted: 12/2/07 at 7:53pm
please, folks, ask your candidate (who will be hillary regardless of what these early polls show as she'll kill the others with her bare hands on national television if she has to get the nod) use big words, long speeches full of excruciating details and plenty of nuance.

and practice saying with me: president huckabee.

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

Updated On: 12/2/07 at 07:53 PM
iHeartMyGeek
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: huck and hussein lead in ioway#17
Posted: 12/2/07 at 7:53pm
As I said, I just feel that as President he would be very "white bread"--very much more of the same. I don't think he would make very many changes. And after the last two terms of Dark Ages, I get the feeling that change is what we're going to need.
StickToPriest
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: huck and hussein lead in ioway#18
Posted: 12/2/07 at 7:54pm
So because he is a white male?

iHeartMyGeek
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: huck and hussein lead in ioway#19
Posted: 12/2/07 at 7:56pm
Okay, I did not intend the term "white bread" to mean "white male." I meant it to mean I find him complacent, lacking real passion, and not really standing out. I think we need real zeal in our candidate and I'm just not sure he has the spark.

"and practice saying with me: president huckabee."

Thanks for reminding me, I really do need to research a good Canadian fallback school to apply to...
DG
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: huck and hussein lead in ioway#20
Posted: 12/2/07 at 7:57pm
"crack dealer"?

And why use a shortened version of the Republican's last name, but focus on the Democrat's middle name?
StickToPriest
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: huck and hussein lead in ioway#21
Posted: 12/2/07 at 7:58pm
Okay, that's a fair assessment. I certainly think he has the spark, though I guess I can see why someone would think he doesn't.

StickToPriest
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: huck and hussein lead in ioway#22
Posted: 12/2/07 at 7:58pm
And so it begins:

At a news conference here just now, Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton expanded her attacks on Senator Barack Obama by suggesting that he has a character issue because of his assertions that his health insurance plan covers all Americans (which she disputes) and because his old political action committee spread around money in early presidential nominating states.

Asked if Mr. Obama had a character problem, Mrs. Clinton first said it was up for voters to determine, but then added:

“It’s beginning to look a lot like that – it really is, where we can’t get a straight answer on health care, where somebody runs on ethics and not taking money from certain people is found to have at least skirted if not violated F.E.C. rules and to use lobbyists and Pac money to do so. You’re going to have ask the Obama campaign, but I have said for months that I would much rather be attacking Republicans and attacking problems of our country because ultimately that’s what I want to do as president.

“But I have been for months on the receiving end of rather consistent attacks – well now the fun part starts,” Mrs. Clinton said, punctuating the word “fun.” “We’re into the last month, and we’re going to start drawing the contrasts, because I want every Iowans to have accurate information when they make their decisions.”

Sigh.

papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: huck and hussein lead in ioway#23
Posted: 12/2/07 at 8:05pm
because huck is cute and hussein raises the stigma of osama's - i mean of course obama's - heritage. sure, he claims he's not al qaeda's sleeper cell candidate, but can we really trust a guy with a name so close to our mortal enemies? i think not.

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

DG
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: huck and hussein lead in ioway#24
Posted: 12/2/07 at 8:07pm
"can we really trust a guy with a name so close to our mortal enemies? i think not."

I seriously hope you're kidding.