Page: 1

Tell me everything about what's allowed regarding youtube links!

SweTonyUS2
Chorus Member
Chorus Member
Hi!

I'm aware of the fact that the forbidden site is no longer forbidden. I read in some old post however that links to a copyrighted video is forbidden. I assume though that linking to a youtube video featured by the record company is allowed (I know stupid question)? How about linking to a search result but not the copyrighted video per se? For instance the search result you get when you search (sondheim sweeney todd opening) in youtube (just to take a broadway example)?
Updated On: 12/1/07 at 02:47 PM
BeingAliveNYC2 Profile PhotoBeingAliveNYC2 Profile Photo
BeingAliveNYC2
Chorus Member
Chorus Member
'If they told you you could never love yourself, it was a lie.'- Taboo
artscallion Profile Photoartscallion Profile Photo
artscallion
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
This question has been asked before, with stellar results.

https://www.broadwayworld.com/board/readmessage.cfm?thread=930249&boardname=bway
Art has a double face, of expression and illusion.
SweTonyUS2
Chorus Member
Chorus Member
Thanks for the replies. I did get a little bit wiser but I'm still unsure about whether it's allowed to link to search terms on youtube (i.e. not a video per se). I did get the message that if you are unsure then it's better not to post though.
Phyllis Rogers Stone
Suspended
Suspended
Pretty much everything except actual bootleg show clips. 90% of everything else posted are also copyright violations, but they don't enforce it.
iHeartMyGeek Profile PhotoiHeartMyGeek Profile Photo
iHeartMyGeek
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
wow, artscallion, that thread clarifies much, including how big of an ass Fenchurch always has been...
"I can't figure out what kind of life this is, comedy or tragedy, I just know it's showbiz. And what if I don't agree with the lines I have to read? They don't pay me enough, the way I see it."