It Takes a Clinton to Clean up After a Bush

PalJoey Profile PhotoPalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Hillary's got some good writers on her team: "It takes a Clinton to clean up after a Bush."

===

Clinton Says Economy Needs Experience

By BETH FOUHY 2 hours ago

KNOXVILLE, Iowa (AP) The economy needs help and fast, Hillary Rodham Clinton declared Monday, claiming the experience for the job and saying the nation can't afford to break in a newcomer.

In speech that kicked off a two day campaign swing through Iowa, the New York senator painted a bleak picture of a U.S. economy battered by home foreclosures, rising oil prices and lack of good jobs for middle class workers.

The former first lady compared the situation to 1992, when her husband ran against the first President Bush.

"There seems to be a pattern here. It takes a Clinton to clean up after a Bush," she said to applause.

Without mentioning names, she suggested Democratic rival Barack Obama less than three years into his first term in the Senate and other candidates lack the experience necessary to address the nation's myriad fiscal challenges.

"There is one job we can't afford on-the-job training for our next president. That could be the costliest job training in history," Clinton said. "Every day spent learning the ropes is another day of rising costs, mounting deficits and growing anxiety for our families. And they cannot afford to keep waiting."

In Iowa, Obama was asked about Clinton's comments and offered a sharp response.

"My understanding is she wasn't Treasury secretary in the Clinton administration. I don't know exactly what experience she's claiming," he said. "Rather than just assert experience, if she has specific differences with me in regard to economic policy then let's have that debate."

[more at link]
AP: Clinton Says Economy Needs Experience
Wanna Be A Foster Profile PhotoWanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
"It Takes A

re: It Takes a Clinton to Clean up After a Bush

All Powdered And Pink To Joyously Clean Out The Drain And The Sink--"
"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)
PalJoey
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
You were missed, Papa. Political threads languished, much to the delight of many, and a certain poster's meltdown was less fun without you.

How was the dollar in China? Have you heard they're no longer accepting it at the Taj Mahal?
India: Tourist Sites Refuse the Dollar
papalovesmambo Profile Photopapalovesmambo Profile Photo
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
it takes a village to write a clinton line#3
Posted: 11/20/07 at 8:19am
i would think that the clinton team might be a bit reticent to point out hillary's enthusiasm for following bush.

i didn't try using the dollar anywhere. i feel that if i'm in another country i ought to use their currency. the exchange was around usd1 = rmb7.4.

as far as the dollar not being accepted at the taj mahal, do we accept rupees at the grand canyon? if you're going to go to a country, the least you can do is have their money with you. it would seem to me to be just common courtesy and common sense.

and thanks, pj, it's good to be back. i did catch some of that meltdown. classic schtuff.
r.i.p. marco, my guardian angel.

...global warming can manifest itself as heat, cool, precipitation, storms, drought, wind, or any other phenomenon, much like a shapeshifter. -- jim geraghty

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

fenchurch=mejusthavingfun=magwildwood=mmousefan=bkcollector=bradmajors=somethingtotalkabout: the fenchurch mpd collective
Updated On: 11/20/07 at 08:19 AM
Taka Profile PhotoTaka Profile Photo
Taka
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
it takes a village to write a clinton line#4
Posted: 11/20/07 at 8:57am
No offense, but I'd trust Al Gore before I'd trust Hillary Clinton. I don't know, Hillary seems to only be in it for the power, while Gore seems to genuinely care about the American people. Does anyone think that he's gonna announce his candidacy?
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
it takes a village to write a clinton line#5
Posted: 11/20/07 at 9:12am
ahhhh, another dreamer. it is sooooo cute to watch.

...global warming can manifest itself as heat, cool, precipitation, storms, drought, wind, or any other phenomenon, much like a shapeshifter. -- jim geraghty

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

fenchurch=mejusthavingfun=magwildwood=mmousefan=bkcollector=bradmajors=somethingtotalkabout: the fenchurch mpd collective
touchmeinthemorning
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
it takes a village to write a clinton line#6
Posted: 11/20/07 at 9:23am
Aren't the writers on strike? Why is Hill Clinton still coming up with the one-liners?
"Fundamentalism means never having to say 'I'm wrong.'" -- unknown
PalJoey
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
it takes a village to write a clinton line#7
Posted: 11/20/07 at 9:27am
I still hold out hope for Al Gore.
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
it takes a village to write a clinton line#8
Posted: 11/20/07 at 9:28am
clearly she's a scab employing ball - uh, i mean strike - breaker.

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

Parks
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
it takes a village to write a clinton line#9
Posted: 11/20/07 at 12:05pm
I think she just won my vote for sure...
"If it walks like a Parks, if it wobbles like a Parks, then it's definitely fat and nobody loves it." --MA
romantico Profile Photoromantico Profile Photo
romantico
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
it takes a village to write a clinton line#10
Posted: 11/20/07 at 12:16pm
Gore's not running. I had my hopes til about a month ago,but its safe to say he is not running. I think its great Gore is gonna be at the White House. Bush is so hated and Gore has become so popular,respected, and loved.What comes around goes around. If Gore didn't have so much class he'd probably gloat.
'There are three sides to every story. My side, your side, and the truth. And no one is lying. Memories shared serve each one differently' -Robert Evans-
Taka
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
it takes a village to write a clinton line#11
Posted: 11/20/07 at 12:20pm
That stinks. I don't think that there's a single Democrat out there who cares other than him, or maybe Howard Dean, but he's not running. Perhaps Dennis Kunich really cares, but nobody's gonna elect him.

I don't like any of the Republicans, either. At least none of the front runners. Either way this next presidency is gonna turn out to be a bad one, in my honest opinion.
PalJoey
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
it takes a village to write a clinton line#12
Posted: 11/20/07 at 12:33pm
Love your optimism, Taka!
Taka
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
it takes a village to write a clinton line#13
Posted: 11/20/07 at 12:44pm
I'm sorry for being so pessimistic. I just don't like any of the candidates. I just wish Al Gore would run. I bet that if he was president instead of Bill Clinton, he could've prevented the 9/11 attacks. (Before you attack me, I just watched this documentary on 9/11. Forgot what it was called, though. Clinton's not the only one responsible. Everyone from Reagan up is.)

But I don't like Bush, either. I don't like the way he handled this war at all. Also, did you know that several months before the 9/11 attacks, Bush's administration donated 4 million dollars to the Taliban? They claimed it was for removing poppy fields, but c'mon. Al Queda had attacked us twice already during Clinton's time, why in heck would they use that money for destroying poppy fields?

You know what's amusing to read? The very, very, early threads of Free Republic. You'll find many Republicans fighting with each other bashing Bush. Heck, even Jim Robinson bashed Bush. This is where I got the poppy field information.
MannyCotty
Understudy
Understudy
it takes a village to write a clinton line#14
Posted: 11/20/07 at 12:56pm
Taka is right, I'm not happy with any of the candidates now, least of all Hillary. Give me Kucinich with a chance to win, or Gore.
romantico
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
it takes a village to write a clinton line#15
Posted: 11/20/07 at 12:58pm
I like Kuccinich,but there is NO WAY IN HELL HE WILL WIN.I'd rather see Hillary give him a position in her cabinet than for him to be President (& I say this as an admirer of Kucinich)

I never thought I would defend Bush, but thats not true. I had heard that as well and believed it. I had also heard that Bin Laden was in a US Army Hospital as early as July of 2001.I don't think it was 4 million dollars cash. It was aid which we have been doing for years.Clinton was not behind 911 nor was Bush,Reagan and so on.

I agree 100% about Gore and I doubt we'd be in the mess we are today if Gore was allowed to take office.If Hillary gets in, I hope she gives Gore a title that will allow him to what he has started on his own. I still think Hillary is our best shot and fixing the mess Bush and the kids started.If Gore was part of her administraition,it would be an asset to the USA in my opinion.
'There are three sides to every story. My side, your side, and the truth. And no one is lying. Memories shared serve each one differently' -Robert Evans-
Updated On: 11/20/07 at 12:58 PM
Taka
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
it takes a village to write a clinton line#16
Posted: 11/20/07 at 1:23pm
Ok, you cleared Bush's name, but what about Reagan training bin Laden's troops and Clinton rejecting bin Laden's head on a silver platter? Or is that a myth, too? I hope this doesn't come across as sarcasm, because I'm trying my darndest not to offend anyone. :)
romantico
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
it takes a village to write a clinton line#17
Posted: 11/20/07 at 5:18pm
I don't take what your saying as sarcasm, however Clinton was never offered Bin Laden. Even members of the Bush administration said that was not true. Where are you getting all this?I'm not clearing Bush by the way. If he had opened his eyes and paid attention to the August 6th DPB while on vacation in 2001 he may have been able to stop 911. Who knows? So, I don't clear Bush I just know he didn;t write a check for 4 million dollars and give it to the taliban. If you want to knit pick, some suggest there would be no Bin Laden if it were not for Reagan. There was a time when Saddam Hussein and Osama Bin Laden were friends of ours.

I think we are off topic here. I agree with you where I wish we had better front runners for the Democrats. I do feel Hillary is the most qualified and can fix the mess that has been created. We have allowed the Republicans in power to change things and look what they have done. Democrats can't do any worse. Of course, I am prejudice and want Bill Clinton back in the White House. I think the world will be more calm and relived to know the Clinton's are back at 1600.

it takes a village to write a clinton line

By the way, Gore won yet another award.

http://www.reuters.com/article/entertainmentNews/idUSB57623520071120?pageNumber=2

http://www.reuters.com/resources/r/?m=02&d=20071120&t=2&i=2244296&w=&r=2007-11-20T111857Z_01_B576235_RTRUKOP_0_PICTURE0
Updated On: 11/20/07 at 05:18 PM
The Boy From Ohio Profile PhotoThe Boy From Ohio Profile Photo
The Boy From Ohio
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
it takes a village to write a clinton line#18
Posted: 11/20/07 at 9:15pm
How about Gore to head up the EPA?
9/10 - Next To Normal, Ensemble Theatre
9/18 - Brian Stokes Mitchell, Cincy Pop's
9/28 - Death Of A Salesman, Wright State
Taka
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
it takes a village to write a clinton line#19
Posted: 11/21/07 at 9:24am
Clinton's never been offered bin Laden?

Damn. Lied to AGAIN. (no sarcasm intended.)
PalJoey
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
it takes a village to write a clinton line#20
Posted: 11/21/07 at 9:32am
Taka--your willingness to accept right-wing lies rather than question them and to assume that something you see at freerepublic.com has any credibility whatsoever is what makes you seem like a troll.

It's as if you come here saying "Hey gang--here's a really convincing blog that says that Bush and Cheney pushed the button themselves and imploded the World Trade Center. If I don't hear a balanced argument from the other side, I will believe it--and it will be YOUR FAULT for not getting hysterical and arguing to keep me on your side. So JUMP!"
romantico
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Its amazing how TAKA writes EXACTLY like HD, isn't it?
Taka
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
Listen. I don't even know who the hell HD is. I'm starting to get pissed off now.
MannyCotty
Understudy
Understudy
Im getting frigtened that Hillary might actually win, which is scary, not as scary as ANY of the reps, but still scary.

And God forbid Giuliani. A friend of mine got beaten up pretty roughly when trying to ask a 911 question at a recent Giuliani rally. He's evil.
romantico
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Maybe we should all run for the hills (our kind that is)