Page: 1

Since There is a Best Animated Feature Oscar...

James2 Profile PhotoJames2 Profile Photo
James2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
...I think there should also be an Oscar for Best Vocal Performance in an Animated Feature. There has been a plethora of good/great performances that have not been acknowledged this way because they were in animated films. In recent years alone, we have had:
Eartha Kitt in The Emperor's New Groove
Mike Myers, Eddie Murphy in Shrek
Billy Crystal, John Goodman in Monsters, Inc.
Ray Romano, John Leguizamo, Denis Leary in Ice Age
Brian Murray in Treasure Planet
Albert Brooks, Ellen DeGeneres in Finding Nemo
Roseanne Barr, Judi Dench, Randy Quaid in Home on the Range
Antonio Banderas and Jennifer Saunders in Shrek 2
Craig T. Nelson, Holly Hunter, Samuel L. Jackson, Jason Lee, Brad Bird in The Incredibles
Martin Scorcese in Shark Tale
Johnny Depp, Helena Bonham Carter in Corpse Bride
Ralph Fiennes in Wallace and Gromit (didn't like that film, but I enjoyed Fiennes)
Paul Newman, Larry the Cable Guy in Cars
Sir Ian McKellen and Jean Reno in Flushed Away
Patton Oswalt and Peter O'Toole in Ratatouille
Julie Kavner in The Simpsons Movie (I know she plays Marge on the show as well, but the movie script gave her more to do than usual)

Of course, the category could simply be Best Vocal Performance so people like Andy Serkis in Lord of the Rings and Liam Neeson in The Chronicles of Narnia could be included, but this is just a basic idea. Anyone agree or disagree?
My avatar = A screencap from Avatar, arguably the greatest animated show of all
Updated On: 11/17/07 at 03:45 PM
zepka102 Profile Photozepka102 Profile Photo
zepka102
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I agree... they really should be recognized for their work here. So many of these roles are memorable because of the voices.
::bust a move::
wonderfulwizard11 Profile Photowonderfulwizard11 Profile Photo
wonderfulwizard11
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Maybe I'm crazy, but didn't they do this award one year?
I am a firm believer in serendipity- all the random pieces coming together in one wonderful moment, when suddenly you see what their purpose was all along.
CyCoSpAz2 Profile PhotoCyCoSpAz2 Profile Photo
CyCoSpAz2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Robin Williams as the Genie in Aladdin.

Come to think of it... Robin Williams would probably pick up quite a few.
cturtle Profile Photocturtle Profile Photo
cturtle
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
animated noms lost all credibility when POLAR EXPRESS wasn't nominated at all.
RIP glebby <3
Roscoe
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Robin Williams was given a special Golden Globe for his Genie in ALADDIN. As I remember there was some controversy about it at the time, that it was kind of a last minute addition to the show and not a real award at all.
"If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to worry about the answers." Thomas Pynchon, GRAVITY'S RAINBOW "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." Philip K. Dick My blog: http://www.roscoewrites.blogspot.com/
*brina-doll* Profile Photo*brina-doll* Profile Photo
*brina-doll*
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I remember reading an older Entertainment Weekly article about alot of the controversy surrounding Aladdin's release. I was to little to remember hearing anything about that, but maybe others on the boards may know why it was so controversial.
Your aspirations are your possibilities-Samuel Johnson (and a little help from nomdeplume)