Page: 1

Can I take my cell phone number with me..

Parks
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Can I take my cell phone number with me..#1
Posted: 11/16/07 at 6:58pm
if I am in the middle of a 2 year contract with T-Mobile and I want to switch to AT&T--as long as I pay the T-Mobile cancellation fee?

I was told you can't take your number with you unless if you finish your contract with your current service provider.

Thanks in advance!
"If it walks like a Parks, if it wobbles like a Parks, then it's definitely fat and nobody loves it." --MA
StageManager2 Profile PhotoStageManager2 Profile Photo
StageManager2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Can I take my cell phone number with me..
Salve, Regina, Mater misericordiae
Vita, dulcedo, et spes nostra
Salve, Salve Regina
Ad te clamamus exsules filii Eva
Ad te suspiramus, gementes et flentes
O clemens O pia
Parks
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Your picture isn't working... but really, I'm not looking for a silly response.
"If it walks like a Parks, if it wobbles like a Parks, then it's definitely fat and nobody loves it." --MA
JustAGuy Profile PhotoJustAGuy Profile Photo
JustAGuy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Wouldn't it be easier and faster to call T-Mobil's customer service, I believe it's a free call.
"Just a Guy. Your feelings are touching. I am gladdened by the thought that you will one day wind up 6 feet under as we all do." - MrRoxy ------ "I do not suggest you walk out the door onto a New York street with your vulnerable child part exposed and not protected..." - Jason Bennett
Jilani
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Here's what the FCC has to say. You don't have to be at the end of a contract to take your number with you.

http://www.fcc.gov/cgb/consumerfacts/numbport.html

So are you getting an iphone?
SNAFU Profile PhotoSNAFU Profile Photo
SNAFU
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I just cancelled a contrct with Verizon wireless and was able to take my number to AT&T. Of course I had to pay the cancellation fine. The number is yours to transfer.
Those Blocked: SueStorm. N2N Nate. Good riddence to stupid! Rad-Z, shill begone!
Parks
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Thank you for the help!

Yes, I'm hoping to get an iPhone :).
spiderdj82 Profile Photospiderdj82 Profile Photo
spiderdj82
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Is AT&T supposed to be better than Verizon? I have Verizon now and my contract is almost up and I don't want to do another one with them.
"They're eating her and then they're going to eat me. OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!" -Troll 2
suzycat Profile Photosuzycat Profile Photo
suzycat
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Yes, they legally must allow you to take your number with you. Just go to AT&T and they can transfer the number over to your new account. I did this when switching from Verizon to Cingular - it's very easy.
Parks
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Has anyone tried the whole iPhone hacking business stuff? Should I try it or just pay the 200 dollars to switch over legally? I know people always find ways around AT&T's blockings, but then AT&T turns it around and installs a new firmware..which could be a huge pain to keep on being blocked...
BT Profile PhotoBT Profile Photo
BT
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Number portability is a good thing - see, sometimes the government does help you out!
I sing for myself. I sing when I want, whenever I want to, just for me. I sing for my own pleasure. Do you understand that?
SNAFU Profile PhotoSNAFU Profile Photo
SNAFU
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Parks, do yourself a favor and switch over legally. Once you try to crack the the iPhone, Apple says all guarentees and warentees are void.
Those Blocked: SueStorm. N2N Nate. Good riddence to stupid! Rad-Z, shill begone!
Parks
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
*siiigh* Fiiiiine.

Just kidding :). Thanks for the advice!