Nothing ruins the holiday spirit more like political correctness!

dramarama2 Profile Photodramarama2 Profile Photo
dramarama2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
There seems to be a story like this every year...

Shopping Mall Santas have been told this year that they can no longer say "Ho, Ho, Ho!". It has become a concern that this phrase will scare small children and be potentially offensive to women.
The Santas are being told to say "Ha, Ha, Ha!" instead.

Sorry, don't have a link. I heard this on the radio.
A little known fact is that in the original screenplay, Pan's Labyrinth was Pan's FLAByrinth. Hmmmmmmm...glad they changed it.
DG
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I am frequently speechless, but this took my breath away.

Offensive to women?

I have no words.
BroadwayBound86 Profile PhotoBroadwayBound86 Profile Photo
BroadwayBound86
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
*facepalm* I needed a good laugh. What will they do next??
JoeKv99 Profile PhotoJoeKv99 Profile Photo
JoeKv99
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Bull. I worked as a Santa briefly nearly 30 years ago. I was told then not to say "Ho Ho Ho" because it's loud and scares kids. This was long before "Ho" meant anything other than a garden implement.
No good can possibly come from using this vast wasteland of error and deliberate deceit. You should get off of it and warn others away. You should make sure your children and grandchildren know what a corrupt and morally bankrupt institution it truly is.
dramarama2 Profile Photodramarama2 Profile Photo
dramarama2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
"*facepalm* I needed a good laugh. What will they do next??"

Ban Christmas altogether.
A little known fact is that in the original screenplay, Pan's Labyrinth was Pan's FLAByrinth. Hmmmmmmm...glad they changed it.
tazber Profile Phototazber Profile Photo
tazber
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
LOL!
I can jsut see some skank walking by Santa and getting all up in his face with "what did you call me? Oh no you dittint!".

....but the world goes 'round
SueleenGay Profile PhotoSueleenGay Profile Photo
SueleenGay
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
They are also not allowing Santa to put kids on his lap, hug them or touch them in any way.
PEACE.
scott68 Profile Photoscott68 Profile Photo
scott68
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I'd say that we should "put the Christ back in Christmas" like the good little Catholic boy I (almost) once was, but then I got a mental picture of a Catholic priest bouncing a little kid on his knee...
"Why, I make more money than... than... than Calvin Coolidge! PUT TOGETHER!"
~Lina Lamont

My name wasn't, isn't, and will never be Scott.
SueleenGay Profile PhotoSueleenGay Profile Photo
SueleenGay
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Yes, we DO need to put the Christ back in Christmas. So I say, "Jesus CHRIST! What the Fvck happened to Christmas?"
PEACE.
bschneid76 Profile Photobschneid76 Profile Photo
bschneid76
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Oh my word! Are they really kidding? Christmas is no longer how it once was. Santa Clause is suppose to be a symbol of joy and love for the children of the world. He brings happiness for the one day of the year that we all used to love. I do hope this isn't true, otherwise these people who feel the need to make this change have sad lives.
"Love the Art in Yourself. Not Yourself in the Art." -- Stanislavski
Ida Noodleman
Stand-by
Stand-by
I think we we should also have thin Santa's. The image of the fat, jolly man who wants children to leave out sugar cookies for him promotes an unhealthly lifestyle.

While we're at it, we should be questioning these elves that make the toys. Are they all adults that are being paid a fair wage? Are there any child labor laws being violated? Being in the North pole, are they perhaps working for pennies a day in a sweat shop?

I wonder if PETA has investigated the treatment of the reigndeer. It seems wrong that they are forced to work all night long without a break, pulling a sled weighed down with presents.
What would Tina Yothers do?
artscallion Profile Photoartscallion Profile Photo
artscallion
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Who cares about reindeer? They're just gonna be run down by someone's boyfriend who's distracted by some other guy's head in his lap anyway.
Art has a double face, of expression and illusion.
tazber
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Oooh snap!
DottieD'Luscia Profile PhotoDottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
OK Tazber, your first comment just made me laugh first thing this morning!!
Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany
Bluemoon Profile PhotoBluemoon Profile Photo
Bluemoon
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Ida -
the Yahoo homepage is featuring the 'ho ho ho' story ALONG WITH a video story about Santas being urged to slim down. I'm sure a story about the elves will be forthcoming.
tazber
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Nothing ruins the holiday spirit more like political correctness!
best12bars Profile Photobest12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
We should just cancel Christmas like they did in the 1400s (for nearly 200 years).

It's just too dangerous and offensive.
"Jaws is the Citizen Kane of movies."
blocked: logan2, Diamonds3, Hamilton22
Phyllis Rogers Stone
Suspended
Suspended
This is in Sydney, Austrailia, by the way, not the US.

At least in the article I read today
folkyboy Profile Photofolkyboy Profile Photo
folkyboy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
how is anyone going to relate to all those holiday movies if they never hear Santa say "ho ho ho" and then feel uncomfortable when he puts you in his lap? that's ruining the art of Christmas past!
mauriposa Profile Photomauriposa Profile Photo
mauriposa
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
My husband was telling me last night about the recent push to get Santas to slim down. I don't know who decided this one, but what do they imagine is going on in American households?

Mom: No, Timmy. You can't have ice cream for dinner. Eat your vegtables.
Timmy: But, Mooooom, I wanna be like Santa!
MuslimBwayFan
Understudy
Understudy
Eh, the hohoho thing was always creepy to me anyway. And with the meaning of the word changing, it makes perfect sense.
somuchtodo
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
Last year's mall Santa (yes, he's back all ready) had a high-backed chair. This year, he has a three-seater couch.
DayDreamer Profile PhotoDayDreamer Profile Photo
DayDreamer
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
There was a stink at SeaTac airport last year because they had Christmas Trees (a pagan symbol, btw) and no Menoras. So this year SeaTac has some generic "winter" decorations. Talk about bah humbug!
Celebrate Life

Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. - Randy Pausch

Mamie Profile PhotoMamie Profile Photo
Mamie
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
This is me - about 83 years ago: re: Nothing ruins the holiday spirit more like political correctness!

As you can see from that look of pure joy on my face, the jolly old elf in the red suit SCARED ME TO DEATH! My mom and dad kept saying how much I would love him and how lucky I was to go and see Santa, so I didn't cry and I held very still and I hoped and prayed that it would be over quickly. But I didn't love it.

So - I can't help thinking that getting him down to something resembling human size and knocking off the deep, booming "HO HO HO's" is all right. (sorry)
www.thebreastcancersite.com
A click for life.
mamie4 5/14/03
Rathnait62 Profile PhotoRathnait62 Profile Photo
Rathnait62
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I left martinis for Santa. None of that unhealthy cookie and milk sh*t in my house.
Have I ever shown you my Shattered Dreams box? It's in my Disappointment Closet. - Marge Simpson