The West Wing: Season 4 & "How neat is Google!"

Chita1933 Profile PhotoChita1933 Profile Photo
Chita1933
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Guys and Gals please bear with me and Namo, for your own sanity, don't even bother with this...

----------------------------------------------

I am watching an episode of season 4 of The West Wing, "Evidence of Things Not Seen."

The White House has just been shot at and the following dialogue follows:

Joe:You know, I thought I heard what sounded like gunshots when we were talking before, but I didn't... Did you hear the shots?

Josh: No, but I heard a brass quintet playing "The First Noel," so I just assumed somebody somewhere was locked and loaded.

Joe: "You know, not for nothing but the people that I talk to don't believe that story and the people that you'd like, don't care."

I was lost. I had no idea what was meant by this conversation. I assumed that the reference to "The First Noel" and "locked and loaded" had something to do with religious fanatics. I decided to Google those key words and found several links of forums that explained the interaction between the two characters.

What do you guys think?

PS: One could say that without the Internet, I would have had to figure it out for myself or more likely, would have been left in the dark forever or until I died.

Chita33 was not the only one in the dark.

Click on my profile and watch Chita Rivera "Put On A Happy Face"

Updated On: 11/13/07 at 05:25 PM