Page: 1

Nicholson "Furious" At Ledger

worrell4077
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Nicholson "Furious" At Ledger#1
Posted: 11/7/07 at 3:25pm
First off, didn't decide to put this in the TDK thread that I started to hold all the TDK related news.

That being said MTV got the chance to interview Jack Nicholson and one of the things being covered were his feelings about TDK and Heath Ledger playing The Joker, and according to the interview Jack is pretty peeved about the whole thing.

He even went so far as to say that they should have called him and asked him how to do Joker and stuff like that. I don't know about you, but that statement is pretty arogant and ballsy to make. He also mentioned that Nolan's films are bringing Batman down and yada yada yada.

Okay, I enjoyed both of Burton's films, but in all honesty my favorite is Begins because Begins was actually faithful to the comics and used a bunch of different graphic novels like The Long Halloween, Batman Year One, etc for inspiration and it showed and besides Christian Bale is the best Batman and I'm eagerly excited to see Heath's interpretation of Joker.

You can read the interview here:http://www.mtv.com/movies/news/articles/1573617/20071106/story.jhtml
Updated On: 11/7/07 at 03:25 PM
FindingNamo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Nicholson Furious At Ledger#2
Posted: 11/7/07 at 3:27pm
Jack's right!
Can you hear me now? Twitter: @NamoInExile
Craig Profile PhotoCraig Profile Photo
Craig
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Nicholson Furious At Ledger#2
Posted: 11/7/07 at 3:36pm
Let's be fair. He didn't comment on Nolan. He commented that since Burton left the franchise he hasn't liked the movies. There were several films (made poorly) before Nolan took helm

That being said - I'm sure there's an element of truth to Jack's anger. But the reporter noted he laughed. So it could have all been pomp and circumstance. Perhaps he would have wanted to reprise the role because it's near and dear to him. It sounds like he would have turned it down unless Burton was attached anyway.

"Furious" should be in quotes. Clearly they are looking to get more exposure for the article.
"A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men" - Willy Wonka
FindingNamo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Nicholson Furious At Ledger#3
Posted: 11/7/07 at 3:41pm
How dare Jack say that? How DARE he?

I'm so glad this was kept out of the other Dark Knight get-your-hopes-up-way-too-high thread.
worrell4077
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Nicholson "Furious" At Ledger#4
Posted: 11/7/07 at 3:45pm
"Jack's right!"

Why should he be right? I mean, this film has nothing to do with the Burton films. Nolan's films aren't sequels to the Burton and Schumacher films and the films are a reinvention of the character.

Even if Jack was just laughing at being furious at Ledger, the man had alot of nerve to say that they should've came to him and asked him about it and how he'd do the character. I don't recall Tim Burton being upset about reinventing Batman, or Michael Keaton being upset with the other batmans like Christian Bale.

Namo, I laugh at your sarcasm.
Craig Profile PhotoCraig Profile Photo
Craig
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Nicholson 'Furious' At Ledger#5
Posted: 11/7/07 at 3:47pm
Do you REALLY think he cares that much to be furious?

Perhaps I've just seen enough Jack on the small and large screen to read that interview in "his" voice and know he was chest beating at best.

I could be wrong.. but I think he was having more "fun" with the interview than actual anger
"A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men" - Willy Wonka
FindingNamo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Nicholson 'Furious' At Ledger#6
Posted: 11/7/07 at 3:47pm
Oh he's furious, he's FURIOUS, you can tell just by the way he answered he's furious.

And you have to wonder, do people REALLY have a right to their feelings?
FindingNamo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Nicholson 'Furious' At Ledger#7
Posted: 11/7/07 at 3:49pm
Maybe if you had been born back then, Worrel, you would remember that Adam West had some pretty catty comments before the first Burton film.
JoeKv99 Profile PhotoJoeKv99 Profile Photo
JoeKv99
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Nicholson 'Furious' At Ledger#8
Posted: 11/7/07 at 3:49pm
Who care what Jack Nicholson thinks? Did he consult Cesar Romero as to the Character when he took over? Frankly who cares about this movie? They've all stunk in one way or another. Christian Bale? Heath Ledger? Get David Schwimmer and Ed Asner- it'll still be a stupid special effects movie.
No good can possibly come from using this vast wasteland of error and deliberate deceit. You should get off of it and warn others away. You should make sure your children and grandchildren know what a corrupt and morally bankrupt institution it truly is.
best12bars Profile Photobest12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Nicholson 'Furious' At Ledger#9
Posted: 11/8/07 at 9:05am
If they'd get David Schwimmer and Ed Asner, I might actually go see it.

I'm tired of franchise movies. But just like McDonald's, people like walking through the front door and knowing exactly what they're going to get.
"Jaws is the Citizen Kane of movies."
blocked: logan2, Diamonds3, Hamilton22
tazber Profile Phototazber Profile Photo
tazber
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Nicholson 'Furious' At Ledger#10
Posted: 11/8/07 at 9:21am
Of course Jack was kidding, he's the Joker remember?

Anyhoo, I don't just dismiss all franchise films out of hand.
True, most suck (last summer was the pinnacle for crappy sequels. imo) but I actually really enjoyed The Dark Knight.
And I'm not even a big Batman fan.
....but the world goes 'round
Calvin Profile PhotoCalvin Profile Photo
Calvin
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Nicholson 'Furious' At Ledger#11
Posted: 11/8/07 at 11:56am
I can't wait until Lola Lasagna is written into one of the films.
JoeKv99
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Nicholson 'Furious' At Ledger#12
Posted: 11/8/07 at 12:03pm
I hear Roseanne has a cameo as Lola Lasagna in the Dark Knight.
No good can possibly come from using this vast wasteland of error and deliberate deceit. You should get off of it and warn others away. You should make sure your children and grandchildren know what a corrupt and morally bankrupt institution it truly is.
Dolly_Levi Profile PhotoDolly_Levi Profile Photo
Dolly_Levi
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Nicholson 'Furious' At Ledger#13
Posted: 11/8/07 at 12:40pm
I'm holding out for The Siren.
And Joan Collins could use the work.
Laughter is much more important than applause. Applause is almost a duty. Laughter is a reward. Carol Channing
JoeKv99
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Nicholson 'Furious' At Ledger#14
Posted: 11/8/07 at 12:45pm
Any word on whether the Caped Crusader does the Batusi in this episode?
papalovesmambo Profile Photopapalovesmambo Profile Photo
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
papalovesmambo 'furious' at nolan#15
Posted: 11/8/07 at 12:54pm
papalovesmambo 'furious' at nolan

papalovesmambo 'furious' at nolan

no harley quinn makes papa hate the dark knight.
r.i.p. marco, my guardian angel.

...global warming can manifest itself as heat, cool, precipitation, storms, drought, wind, or any other phenomenon, much like a shapeshifter. -- jim geraghty

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

fenchurch=mejusthavingfun=magwildwood=mmousefan=bkcollector=bradmajors=somethingtotalkabout: the fenchurch mpd collective
Updated On: 11/8/07 at 12:54 PM
JohnBoy2 Profile PhotoJohnBoy2 Profile Photo
JohnBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
papalovesmambo 'furious' at nolan#16
Posted: 11/8/07 at 1:25pm
Who care what Jack Nicholson thinks? Did he consult Cesar Romero as to the Character when he took over? Frankly who cares about this movie? They've all stunk in one way or another. Christian Bale? Heath Ledger? Get David Schwimmer and Ed Asner- it'll still be a stupid special effects movie.

Absobloodylutely! Romero was the definitive Joker, not Nicholson. And, all the films did stink in one way or another.
jemjeb2
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
papalovesmambo 'furious' at nolan#17
Posted: 11/8/07 at 4:14pm
Hey now, Batman Forever was cool. Val Kilmer was the best Batman!