Page: 1

TV When Famous People Die

Gothampc
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
TV When Famous People Die#1
Posted: 10/31/07 at 11:07am
I notice something with Robert Goulet's death that I've noticed with other famous people. Why does the news always show the latest footage of the person? Robert Goulet was a good looking man and all the tv is showing is footage of when he was 80. Why don't they show him performing when he was younger? They seem to do this with everyone--not show them in their prime, but at the end of their life.
If anyone ever tells you that you put too much Parmesan cheese on your pasta, stop talking to them. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life.
Calvin Profile PhotoCalvin Profile Photo
Calvin
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: TV When Famous People Die#2
Posted: 10/31/07 at 11:09am
The Daily News made a bizarre choice in the photo they ran: one of him at opening night at "Victor/Victoria" in the late 90s, a show he had nothing to do with.
mateo Profile Photomateo Profile Photo
mateo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: TV When Famous People Die#2
Posted: 10/31/07 at 11:10am
In my area, the late night news was airing clips from Camelot and The Ed Sullivan Show.
"Zac is sweet as can be. He's very much just a sweet kid from California who happens to have a face that looks like it was drawn by Michelangelo, (if Michelangelo did anime)."
-Adam Shankman.

"I haven't left this building since Windows 3.1!"

"Celebrating a birthday this week: Rene Descartes is 412! Do you know who he is? Then why are you watching this show? You could probably get into college and even get one of those job things. As for the rest of us; Amanda Bynes is 22! Yay!"
-E!'s "The Soup"
JoeKv99 Profile PhotoJoeKv99 Profile Photo
JoeKv99
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: TV When Famous People Die#3
Posted: 10/31/07 at 12:43pm
Yeah I think it's a catch 22. When they run pictures from 1973 people say "Oh, he must have gotten UGLY when he was old!"
No good can possibly come from using this vast wasteland of error and deliberate deceit. You should get off of it and warn others away. You should make sure your children and grandchildren know what a corrupt and morally bankrupt institution it truly is.
best12bars Profile Photobest12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: TV When Famous People Die#4
Posted: 10/31/07 at 12:47pm
Because they do a fast, lazy search through their increasingly lame and under-supervised archives and grab the first footage they find.

No actual thought behind it.

And most of the newbie underlings searching have no idea who the people are.
"Jaws is the Citizen Kane of movies."
blocked: logan2, Diamonds3, Hamilton22
doodlenyc Profile Photodoodlenyc Profile Photo
doodlenyc
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: TV When Famous People Die#5
Posted: 10/31/07 at 12:51pm
I totally flashed on the episode of MTM when her obit files get messed up because she is bored and she makes up the info and then someone dies and Ted reads the fake obit on the air.
"Carson has combined his passion for helping children with his love for one of Cincinnati's favorite past times - cornhole - to create a unique and exciting event perfect for a corporate outing, entertaining clients or family fun."

"In Oz, the verb is douchifizzation." PRS

best12bars Profile Photobest12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: TV When Famous People Die#6
Posted: 10/31/07 at 12:52pm
I remember!

Loved that one.
"Jaws is the Citizen Kane of movies."
blocked: logan2, Diamonds3, Hamilton22