Page: 1

Goodness! Is it time for the War on Christmas ALREADY?

JoeKv99 Profile PhotoJoeKv99 Profile Photo
JoeKv99
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
It seems like I haven't even finished accusing public schools of promoting Satan with their "Halloween" parties and it's time to start fighting the War on Christmas! What Would Jesus DO? He'd rip into anyone who dared to say "Happy Holidays" or course!

World Net Daily (Always a good source for your Christian Right Whacko news) has everything you need "to ward off the evil spirits of the ACLU grinches" (their direct words). Bumper stickers, bracelets, everything you need for "your personal Christmas-defense kit"!

But don't forget the War on Thanksgiving! You can make that a battle ground, too with a snappy "Remember to thank Him" bumper sticker!

Be sure to shop early!
Christmas Defense Kits
No good can possibly come from using this vast wasteland of error and deliberate deceit. You should get off of it and warn others away. You should make sure your children and grandchildren know what a corrupt and morally bankrupt institution it truly is.
AbbaRabbit Profile PhotoAbbaRabbit Profile Photo
AbbaRabbit
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
holy **** (no pun intended)
i thought this was a joke untill i clicked on it.
Less is more
Ugly is beautiful
"My brother plays a drag queen... and I'm surprised he looks as good as he does in drag." - Adam Rapp

"thanks, abba. now i'll forever have an image of you as a tattoed hardcore straightedge grrl savaging people in the mosh pit." - papalovesmambo

"Yeah Abba. All the filthy crap you spew out there on those boards. I for one, am equally shocked. :-P" - AnnaK
best12bars Profile Photobest12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
"Like clockwork, the American Civil Liberties Union grinches will be out in force punishing those erecting Nativity displays, extending Christmas greetings and otherwise exercising their God-given, First Amendment-protected rights to freedom of speech and freedom of religion."

Wow, God Himself wrote the U.S. Constitution?

I did not know that.

Did James Madison and the others come off the mount with stone tablets and everything?

We need a movie of this right now!
"Jaws is the Citizen Kane of movies."
blocked: logan2, Diamonds3, Hamilton22
doodlenyc Profile Photodoodlenyc Profile Photo
doodlenyc
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Actually, it was James Mason.
"Carson has combined his passion for helping children with his love for one of Cincinnati's favorite past times - cornhole - to create a unique and exciting event perfect for a corporate outing, entertaining clients or family fun."

"In Oz, the verb is douchifizzation." PRS

wonderfulwizard11 Profile Photowonderfulwizard11 Profile Photo
wonderfulwizard11
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
How ridiculous can you be? Ugh.
I am a firm believer in serendipity- all the random pieces coming together in one wonderful moment, when suddenly you see what their purpose was all along.
best12bars Profile Photobest12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
"Actually, it was James Mason."

Yes, President James Mason.

He was married to Dolly Levi. She invented the cupcake.
"Jaws is the Citizen Kane of movies."
blocked: logan2, Diamonds3, Hamilton22
doodlenyc Profile Photodoodlenyc Profile Photo
doodlenyc
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I can be VERY ridiculous, wizard...ask anyone.
"Carson has combined his passion for helping children with his love for one of Cincinnati's favorite past times - cornhole - to create a unique and exciting event perfect for a corporate outing, entertaining clients or family fun."

"In Oz, the verb is douchifizzation." PRS

Mister Matt Profile PhotoMister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Had any of them actually read the Bible, they would see they are on the path to Hell.

Matthew 6:1 - "Be careful not to make a show of your religion before men; if you do, no reward awaits you in your Father's house in heaven."
"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian
mateo Profile Photomateo Profile Photo
mateo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
That's one translation of 6:1 MM.

Regardless the message is a good one.

"Zac is sweet as can be. He's very much just a sweet kid from California who happens to have a face that looks like it was drawn by Michelangelo, (if Michelangelo did anime)."
-Adam Shankman.

"I haven't left this building since Windows 3.1!"

"Celebrating a birthday this week: Rene Descartes is 412! Do you know who he is? Then why are you watching this show? You could probably get into college and even get one of those job things. As for the rest of us; Amanda Bynes is 22! Yay!"
-E!'s "The Soup"
Mister Matt Profile PhotoMister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Oh, I know. There are multiple translations of every line in the Bible subject to all kinds of interpretation, which makes it even more preposterous to use it as a defense. But the Christian fanatics would never admit to that. Whatever translation or interpretation that suits their personal agenda will be the definitive word on the subject.
"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian
JoeKv99
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Really- you don't need to study the bible to understand Jesus' message. Does ANYONE think Jesus would be pissed if he were told "Happy Holidays"?

I swear, if he could see what's been done in his name, Jesus would roll over in his grave!
No good can possibly come from using this vast wasteland of error and deliberate deceit. You should get off of it and warn others away. You should make sure your children and grandchildren know what a corrupt and morally bankrupt institution it truly is.
tazber Profile Phototazber Profile Photo
tazber
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
So are thet saying the "reason for the season" isn't egg-nog and presents?
WTF man?
....but the world goes 'round
StageManager2 Profile PhotoStageManager2 Profile Photo
StageManager2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
If indeed there was a Jesus, Joe.
Salve, Regina, Mater misericordiae
Vita, dulcedo, et spes nostra
Salve, Salve Regina
Ad te clamamus exsules filii Eva
Ad te suspiramus, gementes et flentes
O clemens O pia
tazber Profile Phototazber Profile Photo
tazber
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Please SM, sure as there's a santa there's a jesus.
....but the world goes 'round
StageManager2 Profile PhotoStageManager2 Profile Photo
StageManager2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Goodness! Is it time for the War on Christmas ALREADY?
Salve, Regina, Mater misericordiae
Vita, dulcedo, et spes nostra
Salve, Salve Regina
Ad te clamamus exsules filii Eva
Ad te suspiramus, gementes et flentes
O clemens O pia
JustAGuy Profile PhotoJustAGuy Profile Photo
JustAGuy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
"Really- you don't need to study the bible to understand Jesus' message. Does ANYONE think Jesus would be pissed if he were told "Happy Holidays"?

Do you suppose that any of those protesting the use of Happy Holidays have a clue that HOLIDAY is derived from the Middle English: HOLIDAI which means Holy Day?

"Just a Guy. Your feelings are touching. I am gladdened by the thought that you will one day wind up 6 feet under as we all do." - MrRoxy ------ "I do not suggest you walk out the door onto a New York street with your vulnerable child part exposed and not protected..." - Jason Bennett
Updated On: 10/30/07 at 09:28 PM
JoeKv99
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Or that they picked the day to cover up a pagan holiday celebrating the "Coming of the Light"- hence the term "Light of the World" to describe Jesus.