Page: 1

Tyra tests gaydar

babygiraffeboots Profile Photobabygiraffeboots Profile Photo
babygiraffeboots
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
Tyra tests gaydar#1
Posted: 10/29/07 at 12:43pm
They tested six men on their hair "whorls," finger length, voice, walk, childhood photos, and mannerisms at dinner.

The doctor who is on is not saying there is clear scientific proof, just things that are more common in the straight vs. gay population.

any thoughts?
"Without Jews, fags, and gypsies, there is no theatre!" ~Mel Brooks, To be or not to be
wickedfiyeroofoz Profile Photowickedfiyeroofoz Profile Photo
wickedfiyeroofoz
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Tyra tests gaydar#2
Posted: 10/29/07 at 12:51pm
Sounds like a discussion at a middle school lunch table.
How can they see with sequins in their eyes?
madbrian Profile Photomadbrian Profile Photo
madbrian
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Tyra tests gaydar#2
Posted: 10/29/07 at 12:53pm
I prefer Karen Walker's method: she asks the gentleman in question, "The building is on fire and there is a penis and a vagina. Which one do you save?".
"It does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are 20 gods or no god. It neither picks my pocket, nor breaks my leg." -- Thomas Jefferson
Phyllis Rogers Stone
Suspended
Suspended
re: Tyra tests gaydar#3
Posted: 10/29/07 at 12:55pm
That's not testing gaydar, though.
folkyboy Profile Photofolkyboy Profile Photo
folkyboy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Tyra tests gaydar#4
Posted: 10/29/07 at 3:06pm
hahaha i love the Karen Walker method!
LumieRe Profile PhotoLumieRe Profile Photo
LumieRe
Swing
Swing
re: Tyra tests gaydar#5
Posted: 10/29/07 at 4:24pm
he was just taking a guess on something... you really cant tell if someone;s gay if thye show it. and alot of people show it and some dont... but i really didnt like that ep. but if thats what the people want.
babygiraffeboots Profile Photobabygiraffeboots Profile Photo
babygiraffeboots
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
re: Tyra tests gaydar#6
Posted: 10/29/07 at 6:40pm
Just curious if anyone who saw it had an opinion. Tyra was about ready to kill the guy and barely got through the episode.
"Without Jews, fags, and gypsies, there is no theatre!" ~Mel Brooks, To be or not to be
otis33 Profile Photootis33 Profile Photo
otis33
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Tyra tests gaydar#7
Posted: 10/29/07 at 6:56pm
I watched the episode when it originally aired a couple of weeks ago. Yes, Tyra kept saying how she thought the gay community, and specifically GLAAD, would have issues with the study because it reinforces stereotypes. I personally found it more on the silly side than the offensive.

I agreed with the first panelist, who happened to be very gay. Toward the end of the episode he commented on how there could be value to the study in terms of helping to prove that sexuality is genetic. It started to bring up a conversation very similar to the ideas discussed in the play "Twilight of the Golds." But, then of course, Tyra got sidetracked and the conversation took a totally unrelated turn.

BTW - according to the study, I happen to be a very straight male.