Cheney: 'We will not allow Iran to have a nuclear weapon'

HDThoreau2 Profile PhotoHDThoreau2 Profile Photo
HDThoreau2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
thank God for Vice-President Cheney. I wish he was running for President, then we would have a real choice.

LEESBURG, Va. The United States and other nations will not allow Iran to obtain a nuclear weapon, Vice President Dick Cheney said Sunday.

"Our country, and the entire international community, cannot stand by as a terror-supporting state fulfills its grandest ambitions," Cheney said in a speech to the Washington Institute for Near East Studies.

He said Iran's efforts to pursue technology that would allow them to build a nuclear weapon are obvious and that "the regime continues to practice delay and deceit in an obvious effort to buy time."

If Iran continues on its current course, Cheney said the U.S. and other nations are prepared to take action. The vice president made no specific reference to military action.

"We will not allow Iran to have a nuclear weapon," he said.
God Bless Dick Cheney
If Tom DeLay is The Hammer, then I proclaim a new title for the Speaker of the House, Nancy Pelosi: The Briber. Nancy Pelosi had to bribe her members with spinach to get their votes.
FindingNamo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Cheney: 'We will not allow Iran to have a nuclear weapon'

I love Iranian cinema! Like everybody else who's ever seen it, I worship "The White Baloon."

I also love "Children of Heaven," Mohsen Makhmalbaf's "Gabbeh," (in which people depicted on a woven tapestry emerge to tell their stories), the stunning "Kandahar," the elegiac "Taste of Cherry" and "The Wind Will Carry Us." There are many, many others I have seen and loved.

It is so thrilling and inspiring to watch the results of artists creating even under the most oppressive of regimes. It is heartening to know that there will always be people who strive to tell the stories of ordinary citizens, and to remind us of the gifts and talents that so many humans who live under the hand of insane leaders possess. When one speaks of a people only by the name of the country in which they had no choice but to be born, it's often a good idea to look at the art that has managed to emerge there and to remember that "Iran" represents to much more than a brand name, it represents real, breathing, creative people.

While it's a good idea to keep nuclear weapons out of the hands of insane leaders, the citizens of other countries with wackjobs in power might like to try to take a look at the art that the citizens living there have managed to create. Take US citizens under De Facto President Cheney, for instance.

Does anybody else here have favorite Iranian films?

Can you hear me now? Twitter: @NamoInExile
Updated On: 10/28/07 at 12:41 PM
HDThoreau2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Now, you don't want to get caught siding with the terrorists again, do you?

The Namonster strikes again!
If Tom DeLay is The Hammer, then I proclaim a new title for the Speaker of the House, Nancy Pelosi: The Briber. Nancy Pelosi had to bribe her members with spinach to get their votes.
Craig Profile PhotoCraig Profile Photo
Craig
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
HDT, do you understand the difference between citizens and politicians?

Do you understand the difference between ART and GOVERNMENT

To imply that Namo is remotely siding with terrorists because he speaks about film from a country proves your lack of reading comprehension, flawed logic and that you're a horrible writer.

Thanks for the proof yet again.
"A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men" - Willy Wonka
FindingNamo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Craig, have you ever seen any Iranian cinema? I'd love to hear about it. It's quite inspiring the way the artists have evolved an allegorical cinematic language that basically talks about surviving and creating under a terribly repressive regime.

Iranian filmmakers often use fairly simple (on the surface anyway) stories of children to get a much deeper and more important political story across.
Craig
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I haven't. But I know from cinema from other country and even our own, that the artform more often than not a reflection of the time period/society of that culture at the time.

But clearly, discussing the artform is not an endorsement of the creators or the leaders of the country that the work happens to come from. That would be very narrowminded, no?
mateo Profile Photomateo Profile Photo
mateo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Craig can you add a political messageboard for 2008.
"Zac is sweet as can be. He's very much just a sweet kid from California who happens to have a face that looks like it was drawn by Michelangelo, (if Michelangelo did anime)."
-Adam Shankman.

"I haven't left this building since Windows 3.1!"

"Celebrating a birthday this week: Rene Descartes is 412! Do you know who he is? Then why are you watching this show? You could probably get into college and even get one of those job things. As for the rest of us; Amanda Bynes is 22! Yay!"
-E!'s "The Soup"
FindingNamo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I saw a movie at an Iranian Film Festival a couple of years ago and I can not remember the name of it, for the life of me. It was a very funny light comedy about a woman and her friend that was basically "Lucy and Ethel Go to Tehran." One woman's husband was a bumbling low-level government bureaucrat and she and her friend did a lot of hilarious running around behind-the-scenes, trying to avoid detection in places where women were not "supposed to be."

Very funny, and very subversive commentary on the repressive government as well as the subjugation of women in Iran.
Liverpool Profile PhotoLiverpool Profile Photo
Liverpool
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
"Craig can you add a political messageboard for 2008."

or just ban HDT and spare us all.
FindingNamo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
You're really big on the banning requests, aren't you Liverpool? Maybe you'd make a good member of the repressive Iranian government.

Anybody else around have a taste for Iranian cinema?
Liverpool
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
"You're really big on the banning requests, aren't you Liverpool? Maybe you'd make a good member of the repressive Iranian government."

and you're really big on being an annoying antagonizing twat. Who i have i asked to be banned? HDT and his various incarnations.

good job with the facts.
FindingNamo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Ahem. Anybody else around have a taste for Iranian cinema?
Liverpool
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
hmm, a troll, just like HDT, next try you want to try and claim the moral high ground, make sure you have decent footing
JoeKv99 Profile PhotoJoeKv99 Profile Photo
JoeKv99
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Iranian caviar, perhaps?

I love the art that grows up in countries with opressive (some might say tyrannical) leadership. It seems that the farther the society goes to criminalize thought, the more it flourishes. Perhpas HD is just attempting to jump start our creativity?
No good can possibly come from using this vast wasteland of error and deliberate deceit. You should get off of it and warn others away. You should make sure your children and grandchildren know what a corrupt and morally bankrupt institution it truly is.
HDThoreau2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Liberals on BWW Endorse Terrorism#14
Posted: 10/28/07 at 8:35pm
I warned you about siding with the terrorists again.

Hillary's going down.
romantico Profile Photoromantico Profile Photo
romantico
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
HD, you act more like a terrorist than anyone I know. You want us to be afarid 24/7 and Bush has made Al Qaudia stronger than ever. Way to go!
'There are three sides to every story. My side, your side, and the truth. And no one is lying. Memories shared serve each one differently' -Robert Evans-
HDThoreau2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Liberals on BWW Endorse Terrorism#16
Posted: 10/28/07 at 10:19pm
The only thing I want you to be afraid of the moonbats taking over the democrat party.
romantico
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Yeah, I honestly think you'd advocate violence towards a Democart over a known terrorist HD! Thats how crazy I think you are. Its 'your kind' thats doing more harm to this country HD. You and your president who's driving a wedge between Americans. Your hate is disgusting. You are despised on these boards, yet you still come back. You waste all this time posting on a baord where your hated and you know your getting through to no one yet you still post anyway. What kind of nut does that? Your against gays and liberals and jews yet you spend all your time on a Broadway Message board. Why not devote all your energy towards something that has some purpose in your shallow life? You could be plotting abortion clinic attacks HD with your buddies at Freerepublic.
'There are three sides to every story. My side, your side, and the truth. And no one is lying. Memories shared serve each one differently' -Robert Evans-
HDThoreau2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I have never made one negative comment about Jews.

Not one. Not ever.

Craiggles started that ugly rumor and he perpetuates it.
romantico
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Um, your not serious. You can;t be. So, you post some nasty stuff. Craig dletes it because its so hateful and mean. So, because its been deleted you feel you can erase the fact you ever said it? HD, you have said many things ion this board that have just been mean. You refer to Hillary as Hitlery. you praise Rush,Coulter, and Dr.Laura all who have made similar statements. You supports a party who advacates violence towards gays and you support a war crimminal president and you see nothing hateful about any of that? Your sick and beyond help you sick FU*K!
rosscoe(au) Profile Photorosscoe(au) Profile Photo
rosscoe(au)
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
So HD, it's alright for America to have nuclear weapons, just no other country! The only country to have ever used a nuke is yours, thats a very scary thought don't you think?

And it would seem that a country that belives it's the most powerful on earth, is run by a group of people willing to send it's young men and woman to death, over a self inflated belief that it can never be wrong. Blow em up and pocket the oil!

There are people in this world who belive that Americans are governed by a terrorist regime run by a very evil man, followed blindly with patriotic fervour....hmmm that's a scenario often repeated and never ever good for anyone.
Well I didn't want to get into it, but he's a Satanist. Every full moon he sacrifices 4 puppies to the Dark Lord and smears their blood on his paino. This should help you understand the score for Wicked a little bit more. Tazber's: Reply to Is Stephen Schwartz a Practicing Christian
Updated On: 10/29/07 at 12:31 AM
HDThoreau2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Liberal Meltdown#21
Posted: 10/29/07 at 7:22am
"""You supports a party""""

Enough said about liberal intellect.
romantico
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I'm parading HD around BWW on a leash and collar like the bad boy he is!

HD Loves this pic. Its was his Christmas Card last year.Of course, HD will deny this ever happened. Liberals doctored the photo and made up the whole torture thing because we hate America!

Sell crazy somewhere else sweetheart!!!
Updated On: 10/29/07 at 08:54 AM
Craig
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
"""You supports a party""""

Enough said about liberal intellect.

And just before it, HDT writes:

"The only thing I want you to be afraid of the moonbats taking over the democrat party."

Hypocrite much?
HDThoreau2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Liberals on BWW Endorse Terrorism#24
Posted: 10/29/07 at 1:15pm
Oh dear, Craiggles, you really have stooped low this time.

Moonbats on parade.

I googled liberals bloviating, and it brought me "straight" to craiggles and the namonster.