Page: 1

1982 Movie Musical: Starstruck

Borstalboy Profile PhotoBorstalboy Profile Photo
Borstalboy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
1982 Movie Musical: Starstruck#1
Posted: 10/24/07 at 11:23am
Anyone see this one? It's an Australian flick that was Gillian Armstrong's follow-up to MY BRILLIANT CAREER.

Cheezy, corny and filled to the brim with kinda stupid songs and dances, it was a cable-TV staple when we first got cable in our area. Nonetheless I love it! It's basically a Mickey-n-Judy scenario set among those trendy New Wavers in Sydney. Soooo very eighties...good fun.

Body and Soul
"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing.” ~ Muhammad Ali
doodlenyc Profile Photodoodlenyc Profile Photo
doodlenyc
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: 1982 Movie Musical: Starstruck#2
Posted: 10/24/07 at 11:33am
I LOVE this movie...saw it in the theater and fell in love. I think the score is great (very of it's time) and Jo Kennedy is terrific...I love Nana.
re: 1982 Movie Musical: Starstruck
"Carson has combined his passion for helping children with his love for one of Cincinnati's favorite past times - cornhole - to create a unique and exciting event perfect for a corporate outing, entertaining clients or family fun."

"In Oz, the verb is douchifizzation." PRS

Borstalboy Profile PhotoBorstalboy Profile Photo
Borstalboy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: 1982 Movie Musical: Starstruck#2
Posted: 10/24/07 at 11:40am
The gay Esther Williams swim number with all the boys on inflatable sharks is a gem.
"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing.” ~ Muhammad Ali
doodlenyc
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: 1982 Movie Musical: Starstruck#3
Posted: 10/24/07 at 11:57am
The 2 disc dvd is great...I got it last year.
"Temper, Temper"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6T6weylaSu8
"Carson has combined his passion for helping children with his love for one of Cincinnati's favorite past times - cornhole - to create a unique and exciting event perfect for a corporate outing, entertaining clients or family fun."

doodlenyc
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: 1982 Movie Musical: Starstruck#4
Posted: 10/24/07 at 2:09pm