Page: 1

A Tribute Exhibition for Princess Grace of Monaco at Sotheby's NY

NYadgal Profile PhotoNYadgal Profile Photo
NYadgal
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
For those of you in New York:

I was able to see this exhibition over the weekend, and it is truly wonderful! I encourage you to make time to see it. The collection was extraordinary! (Including fascinating personal correspondence and the party dress she wore in HIGH SOCIETY)

NEW YORK CITY - From October 15 through 26, 2007, the Consulate General of Monaco and the Monaco Government Tourist Office in New York with Sotheby’s, in close collaboration with the Princely Palace and the Princess Grace Foundation-USA, will present a tribute exhibition celebrating the life and legacy of Princess Grace of Monaco.

The exhibition, which will be free and open to the public at Sotheby’s in New York, will feature dresses, jewelry, photographs, letters, video and other unique items, most of which have never been seen outside of Monaco.

Read the complete article here - Princess Grace
"Two drifters off to see the world. There's such a lot of world to see. . ."
Updated On: 10/21/07 at 08:42 PM
Mamie Profile PhotoMamie Profile Photo
Mamie
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Addy -
I know I won't have the opportunity to see it so would you mind answering a question for me? What was the true color of that party dress? It seemed to vary from mauve to light grey to pale taupe. It's one of those little mysteries that have always bugged me! (LOL - bugged me enough that if I had the funds I'd go to NY to see for myself!)
www.thebreastcancersite.com
A click for life.
mamie4 5/14/03
PalJoey Profile PhotoPalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Maybe it was Changeable Taffeta.
Mamie
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
It must have been, PJ. If I recall correctly, it had a sheer net overlay too. I'd love to hear about it from someone who actually saw it.

edit: Guess what I found! I wonder if it's reflecting the true colors? See how the netting appears to be a different color than the underfabric?

re: A Tribute Exhibition for Princess Grace of Monaco at Sotheby's NY
A click for life.
mamie4 5/14/03
Updated On: 10/21/07 at 10:40 PM
SueleenGay Profile PhotoSueleenGay Profile Photo
SueleenGay
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Who cares about the color? What I wanna know is, do they let you try it on?
PEACE.
Mamie
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
LOL - I wouldn't be able to get it on one leg....
A click for life.
mamie4 5/14/03