Page: 1

Why Cindy Brady May Have Been The Best of All Bradys...

Cruel_Sandwich
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Cindy Brady was the ingenue. She was the naive innocent. In a family filled with complete innocents, she was the most pure. She had not been corrupted by the evils of the secular flesh.

An empty vessel, Cindy Brady demonstrated that we need to look at life through a wide-open, widely-questioning lens. Though she had her faults ("Nobody likes a snitch!"), she nevertheless only aimed to spread goodness and wholesomeness ("I just tell it like it is!").

At a time when even Marcia is bitchslapped with karmic punishment in the form of a football to the face, Cindy looked at the flaws of her family and realized that, while this banana had ripened, the Bunch was still intact. Because she had intuition. She knew that she was right.

In a way, Cindy Brady is the Jesus Christ of the Bradys. She fixes their problems and they never notice her. But they knew one thing. It was much more than a hunch. They knew that this group must somehow formed a family.

And this, my friend, is how they all became

The Brady Bunch.
Updated On: 10/21/07 at 01:27 PM
FindingNamo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
She blew the chance for Best Brady with her Shirley Temple fixation.
Can you hear me now? Twitter: @NamoInExile
Rathnait62 Profile PhotoRathnait62 Profile Photo
Rathnait62
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Your entire theory is completely disproven with one episode - The New Shirley Temple.

ETA: wow.
Have I ever shown you my Shattered Dreams box? It's in my Disappointment Closet. - Marge Simpson
Updated On: 10/21/07 at 01:32 PM
luvtheEmcee Profile PhotoluvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
You really DO have too much time on your hands.
A work of art is an invitation to love.
FindingNamo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I only beat you by a minute, Rath. Let's call it a tie.
artscallion Profile Photoartscallion Profile Photo
artscallion
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Are you using us to try out new bits for your stand up act? Or, more likely, are you baiting us with these random threads so you can glean actually funny material from our responses to use in your stand up act?
Art has a double face, of expression and illusion.
FindingNamo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Plus, Marcia's the ingenue and Jan's the one nobody notices.
Becoz_i_knew_you21 Profile PhotoBecoz_i_knew_you21 Profile Photo
Becoz_i_knew_you21
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
You have an unhealthy amount of time on your hands.
Borstalboy Profile PhotoBorstalboy Profile Photo
Borstalboy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Did anyone see Susan Olsen on that VH1 "Best Kid Stars" thingy?

"Okay, she's ten years old and she can't spell her sister's name?? There's a problem there no one seems to be addressing."
"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing. ~ Muhammad Ali
RetroBoy
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Well, while it may be true that for most of the series Marcia was the ingenue and Jan was the one no one noticed by year 5 Jan had really blossomed.

re: Why Cindy Brady May Have Been The Best of All Bradys...
FindingNamo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
When did Jan's nose get hit by that football?
supportivemom Profile Photosupportivemom Profile Photo
supportivemom
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Cindy was the one who gloated about being so smart that she got to be on the TV game show that Bobby didn't. Then karma struck and she got stage fright and couldn't answer a single question! It's okay Cindy, your family still loves you and we're gonna throw you a party when you get home just to show our support. Ha!
almostxfamous Profile Photoalmostxfamous Profile Photo
almostxfamous
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Cindy really was the ingenue, because Marcia was too busy to incestuous things with Jan to care.

Well, maybe not, but still. Marcia had that sexual tension with Greg, Jan whined a lot, and Cindy just consistently had the lisp, looked like a doll, and had Kitty Carryall. She was true purity.
tazber Profile Phototazber Profile Photo
tazber
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Still waters run deep.
That's all I'm saying.
....but the world goes 'round