What happened to all the Am Next Top Model Fans?

supportivemom Profile Photosupportivemom Profile Photo
supportivemom
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I know some of the threads have been missing but I'm surprised no one has been posting. I'm starting to see a pattern with the show. Seems like whoever they feature at the beginning of the show- they're gone at the end. this week, when they started showing Janet more, I knew she was a gonner. Maybe she wasn't dramatic enough because I didn't feel she needed to go this week. She has so much personality- I like her. They kept saying she was men's magazine- really? Anyway, it's so wierd to see how one of the most beautiful girls (Lisa) is so insecure about her own looks. Ebony's photo was good this week but I just don't seem to like her. Poor Heather, if she can't figure out to use her body, she will be gone. At this point, I'm not so sure I have a favorite. Bianca is a natural beauty, but I hate her personality. I don't really have a standout favorite yet. Anyone?
futurenala Profile Photofuturenala Profile Photo
futurenala
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Maybe Ambreal but im not sure.
"Robin De Jesus has issues"~ JANET DACAL "Yeah, and that's putting it lightly"~ ANDREA BURNS "If you watched CBS on June 15th , I was nominated for a Tony... And I was in Camp"~ ROBIN DE JESUS "...but I ^&#$@*% made you believe I was Italian!"~MATTHEW MORRISON http://legallybrownonbroadway.com/
Jane2 Profile PhotoJane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I started the thread for this season-can't seem to locate it in search. I'll keep trying.
<-----I'M TOTES ROLLING MY EYES
supportivemom
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Nala- I like Ambreal's pesonality. I just can't believe that someone studying musical theatre cannot come up with more expressions. Her body movement is one of the best (Jenah does too) but I'm disappointed in her facials.
ElphieDefiesGravity Profile PhotoElphieDefiesGravity Profile Photo
ElphieDefiesGravity
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I really like Jenah. And Heather. She was funny this week, and she takes awesome pictures.
"Blow out the candles, Robert, and make a wish. Want something. Want something."

Wishes come true, not free.
blueroses
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Lisa all the way.

I don't like the pale one with the teeth and the raggedy blonde hair.
Jane2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Neither do I, Blue. I think that's Jenah.

I'm sorry, but Heather isn't going to win this. Besides the fact that she's totally uncomfortable with her body, and that's the whole thing with modeling, I doubt if they would gamble with behavior which may become an issue (which is not her fault, I must add). She'll make it close to the top, if I'm not mistaken.

I still like Chantal. Lisa is up there too, and I do like Bianca's look.
TheHumanTorch Profile PhotoTheHumanTorch Profile Photo
TheHumanTorch
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I really really like Lisa, and I think Jenah is really good as well. I can't stand Bianca, and i think they've been giving her a free pass because of the hair cut (especially two episodes ago.) I think the weakest is Ambreal; she has given the same face for every single photo...
blueroses
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Every time I look at that Adam Rich bowl cut on Saleisha's head I want to scream!
Jane2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
She looked so much better in a scene where she had on a wide headband, pulling her hair back.
Mister Matt Profile PhotoMister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Chantal puts me to sleep. None of her photos have impressed me yet. And let us hope that should Ebony make it far enough (though I'm amazed she's still there, to be honest), she'll get a free trip to the orthodontist. It's not her gums that are the problem. It's those rickety-looking teeth. I always expect her to wiggle her fingers and cackle when she gets excited about something.

Heather was talking a bit of smack! Sassy! But that could be the Asperger's talking. I mean, how would we know? Anyway, she still rocks my world. For once, I would like to see the Shandi/Brooke/Michelle/Amanda underdog-type kick some anorexic ass and win this thing.

I was surprised Liza was given the old "Heave, ho!" I thought for sure it was going to be you-didn't-even-do-what-we-asked Sarah, but she wasn't even in the bottom two! Lesson to be learned: As long as you're pretty, you don't need to follow directions. Unless of course it is any other day, when "there is more to modeling than just being pretty". Modeling is HARD, y'all.

Apparently, there is a girl named Jenah on the show. Huh.
"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian
Updated On: 10/19/07 at 03:07 PM
papalovesmambo Profile Photopapalovesmambo Profile Photo
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
a thread about nothing#11
Posted: 10/19/07 at 3:54pm
they came to their senses?
r.i.p. marco, my guardian angel.

...global warming can manifest itself as heat, cool, precipitation, storms, drought, wind, or any other phenomenon, much like a shapeshifter. -- jim geraghty

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

fenchurch=mejusthavingfun=magwildwood=mmousefan=bkcollector=bradmajors=somethingtotalkabout: the fenchurch mpd collective
Mister Matt
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
a thread about nothing#12
Posted: 10/19/07 at 5:06pm
Yes...our sense of taste. Which is obviously impeccable. How could I ever miss a single episode of the most entertaining show on television? I ask you!
Liverpool Profile PhotoLiverpool Profile Photo
Liverpool
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
a thread about nothing#13
Posted: 10/19/07 at 7:31pm
I'm sitll bitter about Rene getting screwed in the final 3 of cycle 8
chris d
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
a thread about nothing#14
Posted: 10/19/07 at 7:44pm
I used to watch it religiously, starting with cycle 2. the show just bores me to death now. it's the same bitchy crap week after week. & fashion, apart from the actual clothes, is a pretty awful industry. anywho....
bbabe24
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
a thread about nothing#15
Posted: 10/19/07 at 10:21pm
supportivemom-- I noticed that too, about how whoever they feature in the beginning of the show is the one to get axed. It's ruined the show a little bit for me. Don't you think the producers are smart enough to know that their audience is not as dumb as some of the models? Though the average IQ of a typical viewer may not be so high....

I am rooting for Heather and Lisa. The rest of the girls are kind of blah.
"Crabby old b*tches are the bedrock of this nation." --Mrs. T, Avenue Q
Mister Matt
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
a thread about nothing#16
Posted: 10/21/07 at 10:04pm
I'm sitll bitter about Rene getting screwed in the final 3 of cycle 8

You mean my favorite part?
supportivemom
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
America's Next Top Model#17
Posted: 10/24/07 at 10:24pm
*SPOILER*

Well, my theory held true for tonight because the one featured at the beginning was gone by the end. She even left exactly like I thought. I never really liked Ebony and I'm glad she is gone! I thought it was funny how Tyra was smirking- like she knew what was coming. Heather was gorgeous tonight in her shoot for Mary J. Blige. Some of these girls are the most inconsistent yet- at the top one week and then near the bottom the next. America really loves Heather because she keeps winning the Cover Girl model of the week. mom
Jane2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
America's Next Top Model#18
Posted: 10/24/07 at 10:48pm
I have a problem with Tyra telling Ebony as she walked out that there was nothing more unattractive than a quitter. That was very mean. I think Tyra took it personally that Ebony was leaving her precious show. If Ebony felt that modelling wasn't for her, for whatever reasons, then I admire her for speaking up and leaving.

I forgot her name, but the heavy-ish blond has the most gorgeous mouth! I now like Bianca the best.
Fantabulous428 Profile PhotoFantabulous428 Profile Photo
Fantabulous428
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
America's Next Top Model#19
Posted: 10/24/07 at 10:49pm
Sarah? I'm waiting for them to tell her to gain back her weight.

My top picks (at the moment) are Chantal, Heather, Bianca, and Jenah.
I recognize the addiction to being alive.
mauriposa Profile Photomauriposa Profile Photo
mauriposa
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
America's Next Top Model#20
Posted: 10/24/07 at 11:00pm
Pushing Daisies happened to this ANTM fan. Well, that and the CW is incapable of actually uploading their episodes to their website in a timely fashion.

Of what I have seen, though, no one has really stood out to me. The last few cycles, I picked the top three right away. I just don't think anyone is fierce enough yet.
supportivemom
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
America's Next Top Model#21
Posted: 10/24/07 at 11:02pm
Jane- even though Bianca's photos are looking better, her commercial let it be known that she's not a good spokesmodel. She also doesn't strike me as very smart- I guess that doesn't matter in this competition. She will stay around for a bit but usually the really mean girls don't win. Even Eva straightened out once Tyra took her aside. Bianca does have great bone structure though. I really like Sarah too. Even if she lost too much weight, she could still be a non-plus model- her face is beautiful! I totally agree with your assessment of Ebony. She did not quit, she just realized that this wasn't her gig and she didn't want to take the place of someone else who didn't want to be there. She just took herself out of the runing- thankfully! I like Jenah and she is definitely different from any other model they have had. To me, there's no clear cut winner so far. mom
Jane2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
America's Next Top Model#22
Posted: 10/24/07 at 11:07pm
I really don't believe spokesmodel has much to do with anythiing. Cases in point-Jaslene, Danielle. Heather wouldn't make a good spokesmodel either, in my opinion.
supportivemom
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
America's Next Top Model#23
Posted: 10/24/07 at 11:13pm
Heather definitely won't make a good spokesmodel. Sometimes, they use those types of challenges to weed out. Danielle did sound better when she guested last week. Tyra was way too hard on her because every time I hear Jaslene's Cover Girl commercial, it makes me cringe. They never said anything to her and made Danielle feel so bad. I also think it's interesting how they don't even show the first winner, Adrienne, in any of the opening. Bianca is looking better but is she high fashion- I don't know. You can't deny that smile though. I guess I'm biased becasue I didn't like her attitude in the first couple of episodes. They are portraying her softer now.
ahmelie Profile Photoahmelie Profile Photo
ahmelie
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
America's Next Top Model#24
Posted: 10/25/07 at 6:22am
Wow, the show *finally* got a tiny bit interesting this week.
Theatre is a safe place to do the unsafe things that need to be done. -John Patrick Shanley