Page: 1

Lincoln Center to Honor Meryl Streep

Wilhelmina  Profile PhotoWilhelmina  Profile Photo
Wilhelmina
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
Lincoln Center to Honor Meryl Streep#1
Posted: 10/15/07 at 7:34pm
Meryl Streep is about to collect another yet honor, this one from the Film Society of Lincoln Center. The Film Society announced its gala retrospective Sunday evening at the closing night festivities of the 45th annual New York Film Festival. The 58-year-old actress will be honored April 14 at Lincoln Center for the Film Society's 35th annual Gala Tribute.

"While her luminous on-screen presence is never less than dazzling, you always feel her keen intelligence and wit, her extraordinary level of insight," Gala Tribute Director Wendy Keys said in a statement Monday. "She truly embodies every character she plays."

The Film Society of Lincoln Center has annually paid tribute to major film figures since 1972, when it honored Charlie Chaplin. Other honorees have included Fred Astaire, Alfred Hitchcock, Clint Eastwood, Martin Scorsese, Jane Fonda and, most recently, Diane Keaton.

Streep has won two Oscars (in 1980 for "Kramer vs. Kramer" and 1983 for "Sophie's Choice") and been nominated 12 other times, including earlier this year for her performance in "The Devil Wears Prada."

Filmlink
neddyfrank2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Lincoln Center to Honor Meryl Streep#2
Posted: 10/15/07 at 7:37pm
She is 58? Damn! She looks terrific!
Glebb Profile PhotoGlebb Profile Photo
Glebb
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Lincoln Center to Honor Meryl Streep#2
Posted: 10/15/07 at 9:14pm
She IS terrific!
" ...the happiness in the tune convinces me that I'm not afraid."
ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photoray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Lincoln Center to Honor Meryl Streep#3
Posted: 10/15/07 at 10:54pm
I absolutely worship Meryl Streep, even her bad movies, are good movies.
What I enjoy the most about her is not only that her acting is seamless but that her off-stage persona is so humble, smart, and fascinating that it's impossible not to be enthralled by her.
"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"
JohnBoy2 Profile PhotoJohnBoy2 Profile Photo
JohnBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Lincoln Center to Honor Meryl Streep#4
Posted: 10/15/07 at 11:19pm
So she's being honored just for acting? Seems kind of foolish to me.
PalJoey Profile PhotoPalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Lincoln Center to Honor Meryl Streep#5
Posted: 10/15/07 at 11:36pm
I think she's also being honored for discovering the cure for Relentless and Pointless Party Pooperism.

Check it out.
ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photoray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Lincoln Center to Honor Meryl Streep#6
Posted: 10/16/07 at 1:23am
PalJoey rocks my world...almost as much as Meryl does re: Lincoln Center to Honor Meryl Streep
"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"