Page: 1

arts & crafts help

AbbaRabbit Profile PhotoAbbaRabbit Profile Photo
AbbaRabbit
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
arts & crafts help#1
Posted: 10/13/07 at 7:49pm
i'm throwing a halloween party for the eos support group at the children's hospital.
these kids are all under the age of 7.

they're bringing sugar pumpkins to decorate...

what is the best thing to decorate with for kids that young?
will crayola markers rub off? is that too young for paint-pens?
Less is more
Ugly is beautiful
"My brother plays a drag queen... and I'm surprised he looks as good as he does in drag." - Adam Rapp

"thanks, abba. now i'll forever have an image of you as a tattoed hardcore straightedge grrl savaging people in the mosh pit." - papalovesmambo

"Yeah Abba. All the filthy crap you spew out there on those boards. I for one, am equally shocked. :-P" - AnnaK
Defying_Gravity_Girl Profile PhotoDefying_Gravity_Girl Profile Photo
Defying_Gravity_Girl
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: arts & crafts help#2
Posted: 10/13/07 at 7:51pm
Crayola will definitely wipe off and get all over everything. Paint pens would be good except that if they are bringing the pumpkins home that night, it will also all rub off. Sharpies won't wipe off, though. They sell colored ones. You just have to watch their clothes.
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

www.writersinlove.com
AbbaRabbit
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: arts & crafts help#2
Posted: 10/13/07 at 8:18pm
i was thinking sharpies... i just dont want them to ruin their costumes.

if we did the pumpkins at the begining of the party and the party lasted 2 hours, do you think they would be dry in time to take home at the end?
Less is more
Ugly is beautiful
"My brother plays a drag queen... and I'm surprised he looks as good as he does in drag." - Adam Rapp

"thanks, abba. now i'll forever have an image of you as a tattoed hardcore straightedge grrl savaging people in the mosh pit." - papalovesmambo

"Yeah Abba. All the filthy crap you spew out there on those boards. I for one, am equally shocked. :-P" - AnnaK
Defying_Gravity_Girl Profile PhotoDefying_Gravity_Girl Profile Photo
Defying_Gravity_Girl
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: arts & crafts help#3
Posted: 10/13/07 at 8:20pm
Depends on what you use...paint pens? Probably not. Crayola? Maybe. Actually, crayons might work. Try it out and see. The wax will stay, and not get on anything.

If that doesn't work, Sharpie is still probably the best way to go. They could wear smocks over hteir costumes or something.
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

www.writersinlove.com
AbbaRabbit
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: arts & crafts help#4
Posted: 10/13/07 at 8:21pm
hmm... i never thought of crayons! i'm going to test that out and see how it works. thanks!
Less is more
Ugly is beautiful

artscallion Profile Photoartscallion Profile Photo
artscallion
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: arts & crafts help#5
Posted: 10/14/07 at 9:05am
How about glue or paste. you can have piles of pre-cut out eyes, noses and mouths in all kinds of variations. These can either be your designs on construction paper or cut ourt from magazine pictures. Kind of like a Mr. potato Head deal. You can have yarn to glue on for scary hair, etc.
Art has a double face, of expression and illusion.
n69n Profile Photon69n Profile Photo
n69n
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: arts & crafts help#6
Posted: 10/14/07 at 9:14am
i think sharpies will be best, jsut supervize to give it a chance to dry...maybe "lets do the eyes now!" & then another activity...then "lets do the mouth now!" & then sing a song, etc

paintpens are expensive & when they make a mess, they REALLY make a mess!!!
i want to make thngs that count
- George, SUNDAY IN THE PARK WITH GEORGE
Mamie Profile PhotoMamie Profile Photo
Mamie
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: arts & crafts help#7
Posted: 10/14/07 at 9:33am
finger paints might be fun. Of course you'll have to come up with aprons or smocks or old tshirts for them. You could end up with a bunch of psychedelic pumpkins! Clean up would actually be kind of easy. (Finger paints clean up with water).
www.thebreastcancersite.com
A click for life.
mamie4 5/14/03
Updated On: 10/14/07 at 09:33 AM
AbbaRabbit
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: arts & crafts help#8
Posted: 10/14/07 at 11:11am
i like all those suggestions!
i'm going to buy a sugar pumpkin this week before the party to test those out on :)
Less is more
Ugly is beautiful

n69n Profile Photon69n Profile Photo
n69n
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: arts & crafts help#9
Posted: 10/14/07 at 11:14am
maybe mamie's idea with the smocks & all, but with tempra paints?

i thought sharpies first because that will be the most economical with the least clean-up, but if you are gonna go to paints, tempra or poster paints will dry the quickest.
i want to make thngs that count
- George, SUNDAY IN THE PARK WITH GEORGE