Could we give the mods a break?

son_of_a_gunn_25 Profile Photoson_of_a_gunn_25 Profile Photo
son_of_a_gunn_25
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Could we give the mods a break?#1
Posted: 10/12/07 at 4:55pm
Kind of a stressful time for Rob right now, do we really need to make it any more stressful? Could we please lay off for awhile? Not saying I am free of blame, but it would be nice.
My avatar is a reminder to myself. I need lots of reminders...
PalJoey Profile PhotoPalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Could we give the mods a break?#2
Posted: 10/12/07 at 5:05pm
I declare peace with all my "enemies," at least for the length of time it takes for Rob to get the system back on its feet.
TheatreDiva90016 Profile PhotoTheatreDiva90016 Profile Photo
TheatreDiva90016
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Could we give the mods a break?#2
Posted: 10/12/07 at 5:09pm
I saw that too.

Shame on you and your filthy little mouth!
"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> “I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post.” <<>> -whatever2
JoeKv99 Profile PhotoJoeKv99 Profile Photo
JoeKv99
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Could we give the mods a break?#3
Posted: 10/12/07 at 5:09pm
Give 'em a break, give 'em a break, break 'em off a piece of that KitKat bar!
No good can possibly come from using this vast wasteland of error and deliberate deceit. You should get off of it and warn others away. You should make sure your children and grandchildren know what a corrupt and morally bankrupt institution it truly is.
DayDreamer Profile PhotoDayDreamer Profile Photo
DayDreamer
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Could we give the mods a break?#4
Posted: 10/12/07 at 5:11pm
The server at my job went down a couple of months ago, and we are still dealing with the repercussions. Not an easy thing...
Celebrate Life

Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. - Randy Pausch

TheatreDiva90016 Profile PhotoTheatreDiva90016 Profile Photo
TheatreDiva90016
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Could we give the mods a break?#5
Posted: 10/12/07 at 5:12pm
So this is all YOUR fault, DD?
"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> “I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post.” <<>> -whatever2
Fenchurch
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Could we give the mods a break?#6
Posted: 10/12/07 at 7:21pm
I for one don't feel bad for the mods at all. This is their job, and they are doing a bang up job at messing it up. Alienating members and generally not knowing their ass from their elbow. it's fairly obvious that they are making up the rules as they go along.
"Fenchurch is correct, as usual." -Keen on Kean
"Fenchurch is correct, as usual." - muscle23ftl
papalovesmambo Profile Photopapalovesmambo Profile Photo
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
could we give the mods a break?#7
Posted: 10/12/07 at 7:23pm
well now isn't that nice?
r.i.p. marco, my guardian angel.

...global warming can manifest itself as heat, cool, precipitation, storms, drought, wind, or any other phenomenon, much like a shapeshifter. -- jim geraghty

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

fenchurch=mejusthavingfun=magwildwood=mmousefan=bkcollector=bradmajors=somethingtotalkabout: the fenchurch mpd collective
Fenchurch
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
could we give the mods a break?#8
Posted: 10/12/07 at 7:24pm
Just telling it like it is.

I'm sorry if they are your friends, papa, which obviously they are.They may be nice people, but they suck at their job.
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
could we give the mods a break?#9
Posted: 10/12/07 at 7:31pm
maybe they're doing their jobs exactly how they want to do them. it's their site, not yours. if you don't like the way the place is run, no one is begging you to stay. in fact, you should go start your own site and run it exactly how you see fit. have fun. i'd say we'll miss you, but we won't.

...global warming can manifest itself as heat, cool, precipitation, storms, drought, wind, or any other phenomenon, much like a shapeshifter. -- jim geraghty

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

fenchurch=mejusthavingfun=magwildwood=mmousefan=bkcollector=bradmajors=somethingtotalkabout: the fenchurch mpd collective
PalJoey
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
could we give the mods a break?#10
Posted: 10/12/07 at 7:34pm
Fenchurch--your comments about the moderators were inappropriate. Please delete them or apologize for them.
Fenchurch
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
could we give the mods a break?#11
Posted: 10/12/07 at 7:36pm
The thing is, they own the site, but it's only viable as long as it's traffic is high. So the more they f up, the less traffic.

Its like running a restaurant, even though it's your establishment. If you keep throwing out the people who talk about stuff you don't like, sooner or later no one is going to come around.

it's bad business-sense, and therefore they are doing their job poorly.

Plain and simple. I'm sorry that they are your friends, but it's not personal. It's obviously personal for you, so maybe you should step-off, Papa.
PalJoey
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
could we give the mods a break?#12
Posted: 10/12/07 at 7:38pm
Oh, shut up.
LizzieCurry Profile PhotoLizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
could we give the mods a break?#13
Posted: 10/12/07 at 7:39pm
I can't believe I'm finding myself wanting to defend Fenchurch.

But since it's 4:37 p.m. and I'm at work, motivation to do anything in general (even that) is not high right now. could we give the mods a break?
"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt
PalJoey
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
could we give the mods a break?#14
Posted: 10/12/07 at 7:43pm
You shut up too.
Fenchurch
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
could we give the mods a break?#15
Posted: 10/12/07 at 7:44pm
I can't believe how people (more than 1) are actually messaging me telling me that Im too hard on the mods.

Boo-friggin-hoo, as someone so boldly said to me once on this board.

There was just a huge uproar over similar behaviour over at AT&T, their user license said that they could cut off service is customers said bad things about them online. A huge uproar happened and AT&T changed their tune, because they knew they couldn't do that and get away with it. Because they know it's bad business.
Updated On: 10/12/07 at 07:44 PM
VoiceAnth22
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
could we give the mods a break?#16
Posted: 10/12/07 at 7:46pm
Fenchurch has a point! This site is nothing if noone reads it......same with any site........

So all your tinkerbells listen up, K.
PalJoey
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
could we give the mods a break?#17
Posted: 10/12/07 at 7:48pm
Moderator Bashing is frowned upon here. It's considered de trop.
Bluemoon Profile PhotoBluemoon Profile Photo
Bluemoon
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
could we give the mods a break?#18
Posted: 10/12/07 at 7:49pm
I can believe it, Fenchurch. I too think you're being very harsh. Son didn't say "never critize the mods", he wisely recommended giving them a break as they deal with their site's problem.

THEIR site.
iflitifloat Profile Photoiflitifloat Profile Photo
iflitifloat
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
could we give the mods a break?#19
Posted: 10/12/07 at 7:49pm
HAHAHAHAHA....

I'm sorry if they are your friends, papa, which obviously they are. They may be nice people, but they suck at their job.

1. To the best of my knowledge, despite no shortage of theories over the past year and a half, no one knows who the mods are. I don't, and I've been accused of being one of them. In which case, papa WOULD be friends with a mod, but alas, I'm not, and he isn't.

2. You might have missed the part where apparently the position of moderator is a pretty thankless and UNPAID position. I'm not sure that it would be worth it no matter how high the salary was, but if it's just gratis...you're gonna get what you pay for. Sort of like the opportunity to post FOR FREE on a message board.

3. Now that might have changed from the Days of Rage, back when the mod (or at least one of them) had a name and a face (they called him Jose). Maybe the mod force is a highly structured force of professionals working full time to pay the bills by patrolling the OT board, but I'm guessin' not.

Sueleen Gay: "Here you go, Bitch, now go make some fukcing lemonade." 10/28/10
Fenchurch
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
could we give the mods a break?#20
Posted: 10/12/07 at 7:50pm
Guess what. Tough.
If moderator bashing is de trop here, it's because the mods and their 'friends' have created a culture of fear trying to silence saying anything negative about them (hence the PMs). It's only frowned upon because your frowning. I'm a regular here, and I think it's fine. If the mods have such a thin skin, then they are in the wrong business.
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
could we give the mods a break?#21
Posted: 10/12/07 at 7:52pm
you don't really understand bww at all, fen.

the ot board is nothing in the scheme of bww.

sure it's fun and we enjoy it, but if it was gone tomorrow it would not affect the traffic here enough to even be noticeable. the ot board is a gift that rob and craig gave us. it's populated predominantly by a few vocal posters, the majority of whom recognize that it's merely out of the goodness of their hearts that we have this place to play. but in the big picture, it's nothing and if the plug were pulled tomorrow it wouldn't effect ad revenue or the traffic enough to merit more than a shrug.

rob and craig are ridiculously indulgent to even allow this board to exist, much less try to maintain it as a reasonably pleasant place to spend time. they do a bang up job.

if someone doesn't know why they got suspended (other than kringas and his 7,381 personalities) or why their post or thread was deleted it's their own fault. if you're too stupid to know why, you should put on a helmet and get a drool bucket. if you're so indignant as to feel it was unjustified...get over yourself. it's their sandbox. they could spend a day deleting every post with the word "work" in it just for sh*ts and giggles and it's their right. and at the end of the day, it's just the ot board and it isn't that big a deal, despite the wildly inflated egos of so many people here.

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

PalJoey
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
could we give the mods a break?#22
Eh, go start yer own site.

Go bash the mods at fenchurch.com
VoiceAnth22
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
could we give the mods a break?#23
who uses de trop - it's so well - you know the g word!
Fenchurch
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
could we give the mods a break?#24
Posted: 10/12/07 at 7:56pm
Sorry papa, you're wrong.

Almost every board I go to has an Off-topic section that is well-visited. If it were gone tomorrow the site would certainly suffer. I've talked to mods of other boards who would agree. it's a shame that you talk from such a position of authority when its obvious you have no idea what you're talking about.

if they deleted all the posts with the word "work" in them just for S&G then the site would suffer. People would stop coming to the site and go to Talkinbroadway or that's all chat, or another board. They have to CONSTANTLY be trying to keep people coming to this board rather than another one. The more people that come, the more advertising revenue. It's why they started to freak when people started sending your posts to their advertisers, Papa.