OWEN WILSON SUICIDE Attempt

jimnysf
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
OWEN WILSON SUICIDE Attempt#1
Posted: 8/26/07 at 11:29pm
Actor Owen Wilson was hospitalized after attempting suicide, sources tell the NATIONAL ENQUIRER and Star magazine exclusively.

Wilson was transported to St. John’s hospital in Santa Monica , Calif. on Sunday, August 26, by ambulance. Sources tell the ENQUIRER and Star that he sliced his left wrists and took an indeterminate amount of pills.

He was discovered by a family member who summoned help.

Police and an ambulance responded to a 911 call from Owen’s house around noon on Sunday.

His wrist was sutured and bandaged at the hospital.

The ENQUIRER and Star broke the story of Owen’s hospitalization earlier Sunday and revealed that he was being transferred from St. John’s after being stabilized. The publications learned that he was going to be detoxed.

Owen was brought in to St. John’s in very serious condition. Police were on the scene immediately as was a criminal defense attorney, believed to be working for Wilson. Some of Owen’s family was with him.

Wilson was stabilized at St. John’s.

More on this story as it develops…

Published on: 08/26/2007
Article
"I've lost everything! Luis, Marty, my baby with Chris, Chris himself, James. All I ever wanted was love." --Sheridan Crane "Passions" ------- "Housework is like bad sex. Every time I do it, I swear I'll never do it again til the next time company comes."--"Lulu" from "Can't Stop The Music" ----- "When the right doors didn't open for him, he went through the wrong ones" - "Sweet Bird of Youth" ------------ --------- "Passions" is uncancelled! See NBC.com for more info.
brdlwyr
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: OWEN WILSON SUICIDE Attempt#2
Posted: 8/26/07 at 11:35pm
Is this a reliable source?
Rose_MacShane Profile PhotoRose_MacShane Profile Photo
Rose_MacShane
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: OWEN WILSON SUICIDE Attempt#2
Posted: 8/26/07 at 11:43pm
Is the Enquirer ever a reliable source?
http://community.livejournal.com/ltd_brands_suck/
Ivan the Wonderful Profile PhotoIvan the Wonderful Profile Photo
Ivan the Wonderful
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: OWEN WILSON SUICIDE Attempt#3
Posted: 8/26/07 at 11:45pm
um, yea it is. I hope he is ok.
"you freakin freaks. get a ****in life. theres more to life than this stupid website." stage manager 2
jimnysf
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: OWEN WILSON SUICIDE Attempt#4
Posted: 8/26/07 at 11:47pm
It's on Drudge and Canada.com and the Enquirer and Star sites.
Canada
"I've lost everything! Luis, Marty, my baby with Chris, Chris himself, James. All I ever wanted was love." --Sheridan Crane "Passions" ------- "Housework is like bad sex. Every time I do it, I swear I'll never do it again til the next time company comes."--"Lulu" from "Can't Stop The Music" ----- "When the right doors didn't open for him, he went through the wrong ones" - "Sweet Bird of Youth" ------------ --------- "Passions" is uncancelled! See NBC.com for more info.
Rose_MacShane Profile PhotoRose_MacShane Profile Photo
Rose_MacShane
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: OWEN WILSON SUICIDE Attempt#5
Posted: 8/26/07 at 11:53pm
A search of CNN's site yielded nothing, although I did learn that Hulk Hogan's son was seriously injured in a crash tonight:

http://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/TV/08/26/hogan.crash/index.html
http://community.livejournal.com/ltd_brands_suck/
Ivan the Wonderful Profile PhotoIvan the Wonderful Profile Photo
Ivan the Wonderful
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: OWEN WILSON SUICIDE Attempt#6
Posted: 8/27/07 at 12:08am
TMZ says it is true too.
"you freakin freaks. get a ****in life. theres more to life than this stupid website." stage manager 2
Yawper
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: OWEN WILSON SUICIDE Attempt#8
Posted: 8/27/07 at 12:17am
'Cause depression's a bitch to live with
Liverpool Profile PhotoLiverpool Profile Photo
Liverpool
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: OWEN WILSON SUICIDE Attempt#10
Posted: 8/27/07 at 12:19am
umm TMZ makes no mention of the reason of his hopitalization, just that he has been hospitalized. SO far the only places mentioning suicide that ive seen are Perezhilton and dlisted (whihc are both referencing national enquirerer)
AnnaK<3LMIP Profile PhotoAnnaK<3LMIP Profile Photo
AnnaK<3LMIP
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: OWEN WILSON SUICIDE Attempt#11
Posted: 8/27/07 at 12:21am
Isn't the National Enquirer always just pages of crap? Is it really that reliable? I mean, it might be. But I would rather wait until something more official is quoted.
I mean, Denzel Washington? Gun to my head..of course.
jimnysf
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: OWEN WILSON SUICIDE Attempt#12
Posted: 8/27/07 at 12:24am
United Press International has also picked up the story.
UPI
jimnysf
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: OWEN WILSON SUICIDE Attempt#13
Posted: 8/27/07 at 12:38am
and from Perez Hilton....

National Enquirer editor-in-chief David Perel tells PerezHilton.com….

“Owen Wilson has now been transferred from St. John’s to another Los Angeles area hospital. His brothers Andrew and Luke are with him.

“Andrew found him after the suicide attempt and called an ambulance. Both of Owen’s wrists were slashed superficially and Owen had taken an overdose of pills.

“Owen was found with a nearly empty bottle of pills next to him. He was at his house in Santa Monica.”

Perez
dramaparoxysm23 Profile Photodramaparoxysm23 Profile Photo
dramaparoxysm23
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: OWEN WILSON SUICIDE Attempt#14
Posted: 8/27/07 at 12:49am
Well, if it's true, that's terrible and I certainly hope he gets the help he needs. Depression is, as Yawper said, a bitch to live with.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
I remember days
Or at least I try
But as years go by
They're sort of haze
And the bluest ink
Isn't really sky
And at times I think
I would gladly die
For a day of sky

And Starbucks will use the words 'large' and 'small', not pretentious crap like grande and tall.
"You could get away with anything if you call it art and tell people who don't like it that it's cutting edge culture." --vmlinnie
Updated On: 8/27/07 at 12:49 AM
harris007 Profile Photoharris007 Profile Photo
harris007
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: OWEN WILSON SUICIDE Attempt#15
Posted: 8/27/07 at 12:58am
very sad he's very funny,
Attend the tale of Bovine Boy His party threads we all enjoy But does he have Mad Cow Disease? He doesn't eat beef - but cows skating? - oh please!!! With cocoa!?! And lemonade!?! The heifer-mad poster of Broadway (World)
rosscoe(au) Profile Photorosscoe(au) Profile Photo
rosscoe(au)
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: OWEN WILSON SUICIDE Attempt#16
Posted: 8/27/07 at 1:20am
Variety has also ran with the story.
Well I didn't want to get into it, but he's a Satanist. Every full moon he sacrifices 4 puppies to the Dark Lord and smears their blood on his paino. This should help you understand the score for Wicked a little bit more. Tazber's: Reply to Is Stephen Schwartz a Practicing Christian
DG
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: OWEN WILSON SUICIDE Attempt#15
Posted: 8/27/07 at 1:59am
Wishing him well.
Updated On: 8/27/07 at 01:59 AM
Liverpool
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: OWEN WILSON SUICIDE Attempt#16
Posted: 8/27/07 at 2:26am
"he's very funny"

is that what they're calling funny these days?
Wanna Be A Foster Profile PhotoWanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: OWEN WILSON SUICIDE Attempt#17
Posted: 8/27/07 at 2:58am
Liverpool, Harris was referring to his work being funny. He was saying it's sad that a comedic actor who is so funny (read: good at his job) is in such a painful situation.

Don't go putting blame on someone who was making a simple comment that clearly meant no offense.
"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)
LoringsGuy Profile PhotoLoringsGuy Profile Photo
LoringsGuy
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: OWEN WILSON SUICIDE Attempt#18
Posted: 8/27/07 at 3:12am
Wow....this is just so shocking.

Makes me wonder if this was brought on by a sudden turn of events in his life, or if it's been an ongoing battle for him.
"Word of advice: Be who you are, wear what you want---just learn how to run real fast." Marc, UGLY BETTY
Liverpool
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: OWEN WILSON SUICIDE Attempt#19
Posted: 8/27/07 at 3:31am
foster i know what he was talking about. i was commenting on wilson him self not being funny.
Roninjoey Profile PhotoRoninjoey Profile Photo
Roninjoey
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: OWEN WILSON SUICIDE Attempt#20
Posted: 8/27/07 at 3:39am
Yikes... I like Owen Wilson quite a bit, I am hoping he bounces back.
yr ronin,
joey
Dark_Angel Profile PhotoDark_Angel Profile Photo
Dark_Angel
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: OWEN WILSON SUICIDE Attempt#21
Posted: 8/27/07 at 6:19am
Regardless of whether you care or don't care for him as an actor/comedian is besides the point.

We're talking about a fellow human being who is obviously in alot of pain and tried to end his pain by taking his own life.

This is nothing to make fun of or take lightly. Wish him well that he may overcome whatever situation led him down this path.

Liverpool
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: OWEN WILSON SUICIDE Attempt#22
Posted: 8/27/07 at 6:54am
Yes we're talking about a fellow human being who didn't care enough about the people in his life to think about what killing himself would do to them.
Dark_Angel Profile PhotoDark_Angel Profile Photo
Dark_Angel
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: OWEN WILSON SUICIDE Attempt#23
Posted: 8/27/07 at 7:05am
It's nice to know you are walking in this man's shoes and feel the need to judge him so harshly.

Anyway I don't wish to argue with anyone. That's not where I'm coming from.

Liverpool
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: OWEN WILSON SUICIDE Attempt#24
Posted: 8/27/07 at 7:13am
its not about being in his shoes, its about being in the shoes of the people around him.