Page: 1

LA BWW Off-Topic Posters: Check this new musical Tonight and Wednesday...

BroadwayBulldog
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
LA BWW Off-Topic Posters: Check this new musical Tonight and Wednesday...

SHOWGIRL plays tonight at 8pm Pacific Time and Wednesday, 8/29, at 8pm in Burbank.
Playbill article linked below.

THE SHOWGIRL OF 52nd STREET, a new musical by Charles Leipart and John Kroner, may be seen in 3 concert performances in two separate venues from August 25-29th in the L.A. area.

I want to share news of an opportunity to see one of several new musicals performing in Los Angeles beginning next weekend as part of The Theatre League's Festival of New Musicals.

SHOWGIRL was enthusiastically received in Chicago and Kansas City earlier this summer. Karen Mason can be heard on BWW Radio singing one of the songs from the score, All That I Am, on the Lyrics by Leipart recording. I hope you can see it and/or recommend it to your L.A. friends and associates.

For more information and tickets please visit these websites below.

Cheers!
José

Festival of New Musicals
Thousand Oaks Civic Arts Plaza
2100 E. Thousand Oaks Blvd.
Thousand Oaks, CA 91362
(off Ventura Freeway)

Saturday, August 25th at 2pm & 8pm
http://www.anmt.org/festival.asp

AND

The Colony Theatre
555 N. Third Street, Burbank, CA
Wednesday, August 29th at 8pm
http://www.anmt.org/event_details.asp?EventID=64

THE SHOWGIRL OF 52nd STREET
A New Musical
Winner of the Kleban Foundation Award for
Outstanding Libretto to a Musical

Book & Lyrics by Charles Leipart
Music by John Kroner

New York City, February, winter, the early 1990’s: Billie Shay, the panhandling baglady living on a bench in the public park space on East 52nd Street, has a past that no one would imagine. In vivid memories, Billie confronts her younger self “Young Billie” over the life choices they have made. Together they bring alive the glamour and betrayals of a lost career in the 1950's New York nightclub world and in Hollywood.

The Academy for New Musical Theatre Festival at Thousand Oaks

Musicals by Hollmann, Helbig, Leipart, Segal, Shield and More Play Thousand Oaks Fest Aug. 25-26

etoile
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Here's hoping for another successful run.
Rest in peace, Iflitifloat.
DG
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Advance warning would help. And hours don't count.
BroadwayBulldog
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Thank you etoile.

DG, my apologies. The good news is that there is an added performance on Wednesday, 8/29. If you're near Burbank and have a free night Wednesday, 8/29, there is an 8pm performance at The Colony Theater. The actress playing "Billie Shay" is Jan Daley, someone new to me but with a long career in TV and cabaret from her bio. I don't have the names of the other cast members as yet.

The Colony Theatre
555 N. Third Street, Burbank, CA
Wednesday, August 29th at 8pm
http://www.anmt.org/event_details.asp?EventID=64

DG
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
My apologies to you as well, Jose' - I really didn't mean for that to sound as bitchy as it did. The 'heads up' really are appreciated.
erikaamato
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
That show was part of the same festival I was just in yesterday! (My show was I Come For Love - as mentioned in the Playbill article.) re: LA BWW Off-Topic Posters: Check this new musical Tonight and Wednesday. I hope last night's presentation went great, and that the encore performance on Wednesday is a huge success. re: LA BWW Off-Topic Posters: Check this new musical Tonight and Wednesday.
BroadwayBulldog
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
DG, no worries. Since my preious post I learned that the character of "Younger Billie" was/will be played by an actress named Kendra Munger. Perhaps you know of her. New to me.

erika, what a coincidence! I trust I Come For Love went off marvelously yesterday. I understand that The Theater League treated the cast and creative teams of the participating musicals superlatively.

Mamie Profile PhotoMamie Profile Photo
Mamie
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I wish it was going to be part of the New York Music Festival. I'd be there in a blink!
www.thebreastcancersite.com
A click for life.
mamie4 5/14/03
BroadwayBulldog
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Thanks Mamie. That's sweet and very thoughtful.

bdwaygirl Profile Photobdwaygirl Profile Photo
bdwaygirl
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I love the logo!

I wish I could see this. Please pass on my well wishes!
I hung out with Cheyenne Jackson in his dressing room waayyyyyy before he tickled D2.

"unleash the girly"

Our fingerprints don't fade from the lives we touch.

Puppies are babies in fur coats.

Tinfoil...The Terrorizing Terminator

erikaamato
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Jose' - Thanks so much! And yes, it did go off excellently (thanks for asking), and we were indeed all treated wonderfully. Great experience all around. re: LA BWW Off-Topic Posters: Check this new musical Tonight and Wednesday.
Broadwayboobs Profile PhotoBroadwayboobs Profile Photo
Broadwayboobs
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I wish I could see this show...how do we get it to play in NYC ? Do I have to give someone sexually favors...AGAIN re: LA BWW Off-Topic Posters: Check this new musical Tonight and Wednesday.

I LOVE the logo...I can see that on a Playbill.
"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. Ralph Waldo Emerson