Page: 1

Does anyone else feel this frontloading of presidential primaries has gotten out of hand?

WOSQ
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
It is like the whole thing has turned into a peeing contest.

Soon the first primary will be at Thanksgiving.
"If my life weren't funny, it would just be true. And that would be unacceptable." --Carrie Fisher
yodamarie78 Profile Photoyodamarie78 Profile Photo
yodamarie78
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
At this point it would make a lot more sense to just go ahead and have every state vote on the same day. They're all moving their dates anyway.
JoeKv99 Profile PhotoJoeKv99 Profile Photo
JoeKv99
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Yes. It's absurd. Of course it makes no more sense to let Iowa and New Hampshire pick our candidates.
No good can possibly come from using this vast wasteland of error and deliberate deceit. You should get off of it and warn others away. You should make sure your children and grandchildren know what a corrupt and morally bankrupt institution it truly is.
HDThoreau2 Profile PhotoHDThoreau2 Profile Photo
HDThoreau2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
It is a terrible process that is not doing the country or the voters any good.

The current primary process has the federal government totally on hold from March 2007-January 2009.
If Tom DeLay is The Hammer, then I proclaim a new title for the Speaker of the House, Nancy Pelosi: The Briber. Nancy Pelosi had to bribe her members with spinach to get their votes.
The Boy From Ohio Profile PhotoThe Boy From Ohio Profile Photo
The Boy From Ohio
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
It might not be such a bad ideal to put the (current) federal government on hold.re: Does anyone else feel this frontloading of presidential primaries has g
9/10 - Next To Normal, Ensemble Theatre
9/18 - Brian Stokes Mitchell, Cincy Pop's
9/28 - Death Of A Salesman, Wright State
mominator Profile Photomominator Profile Photo
mominator
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Let's just forget about it and have the election next week and be done with it all!
"All I ask of you is one thing: please don't be cynical. I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen." Conan O'Brien
HDThoreau2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Right "boy"

Congress has a rating of 18%
If Tom DeLay is The Hammer, then I proclaim a new title for the Speaker of the House, Nancy Pelosi: The Briber. Nancy Pelosi had to bribe her members with spinach to get their votes.
The Boy From Ohio
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I know "HDT" if there were more Dem's they might have actually pass all the things they wanted. I hardly call 51-49 a majority. If the Repub's block everthing, they are equally to blame. America voted for change, and that's not happening. I agree with the low rating's, but I don't think we blame the same people.
Mr Roxy Profile PhotoMr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
They have been out of hand for a long time.
Poster Emeritus
HDThoreau2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Harry Reid has been a GREAT majority leader.

(That's sarcasm for those of you in Manhattan)
Elphaba Profile PhotoElphaba Profile Photo
Elphaba
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
yess well, they all just wanted to beat California, since we changed ours first.....damn copycats. As if some of thise tiny "weenies" mean anything by going before us, hrumph!
It is ridiculous to set a detective story in New York City. New York City is itself a detective story... AGATHA CHRISTIE, Life magazine, May 14, 1956
jrb_actor Profile Photojrb_actor Profile Photo
jrb_actor
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I agree that I would like to see all states share primary day--it would open the field.

I agree that this massive amount of frontloading has been a bit much, but as far as starting earlier, it could prove to be a good thing--get all the crap out of the way hopefully.
smartpenguin78 Profile Photosmartpenguin78 Profile Photo
smartpenguin78
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I just wish they were all moving them back, month after month after month of the General Election is fun for poltiphiles like me, but it turns off a lot of "casual" voters. It also becomes quite the headache to see 500,000 30second ads, which of course is about the worst way anyone could have ever devised to let someone know about important issues.

I agree with Yoda that it would be better at this point to have them all on the same day, although there is a small bit of validity to the counterargument the little states make. This system at least makes the candidates visit a state other than the 3 or 4 large "swing states" and meet the people there.
(Of course the problem that New Hampshire and Iowa then get disproportionately more say in the process than anyone else is a valid argument.)
I stand corrected, you are as vapid as they say.
jrb_actor Profile Photojrb_actor Profile Photo
jrb_actor
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
smartpenguin78 Profile Photosmartpenguin78 Profile Photo
smartpenguin78
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
In 1992 though one may have wound up Tsongas. re: Does anyone else feel this frontloading of presidential primaries has g
I stand corrected, you are as vapid as they say.
The Boy From Ohio
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I never have understood why Iowa and New Hampshire go first. I'm all for a one day primary, be done whit it. Then the attack ad's begin. I'm suprised that commericals have not started in Ohio yet the "bellweather state", soon I'm sure.