MICKEYS in West Hollywood has burned down.

DAME
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
HUSSY POWER! ------ HUSSY POWER!
DAME
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
mateo Profile Photomateo Profile Photo
mateo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I was very sad when I saw this on the news yesterday.

"Zac is sweet as can be. He's very much just a sweet kid from California who happens to have a face that looks like it was drawn by Michelangelo, (if Michelangelo did anime)."
-Adam Shankman.

"I haven't left this building since Windows 3.1!"

"Celebrating a birthday this week: Rene Descartes is 412! Do you know who he is? Then why are you watching this show? You could probably get into college and even get one of those job things. As for the rest of us; Amanda Bynes is 22! Yay!"
-E!'s "The Soup"
DAME
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I watched it last night on the news. But it wont hit till friday night when there is no happy hour to go too.
TheatreDiva90016 Profile PhotoTheatreDiva90016 Profile Photo
TheatreDiva90016
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Mat,

Are you even old enough to go into a bar?
"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post. <<>> -whatever2
mateo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I'm 24. So yeah.

And a big Jackie Beat fan - I used to go a lot, not much any more- and seemingly not for awhile.
"Zac is sweet as can be. He's very much just a sweet kid from California who happens to have a face that looks like it was drawn by Michelangelo, (if Michelangelo did anime)."
-Adam Shankman.

"Celebrating a birthday this week: Rene Descartes is 412! Do you know who he is? Then why are you watching this show? You could probably get into college and even get one of those job things. As for the rest of us; Amanda Bynes is 22! Yay!"
-E!'s "The Soup"
TheatreDiva90016
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Are you in LA?
"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post. <<>> -whatever2
mateo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I used to live 30 min North of LA.

Now I live much further East - So I don't get out there much any more.

-Adam Shankman.

-E!'s "The Soup"
PalJoey Profile PhotoPalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Is A Different Life safe? How about the East-West Club?
mateo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I think you mean A Different Light? The bookstore.

News reports said that the fire was prevented from spreading to other businesses.
-Adam Shankman.

-E!'s "The Soup"
singingbackup Profile Photosingingbackup Profile Photo
singingbackup
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I remember when Mickeys used to be THE FOUR STAR!
best12bars Profile Photobest12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Mickeys! I couldn't believe it when I saw it on the news yesterday. I dated a crazy-hot bartender from Mickeys once, but I haven't been in there in years, now.

That was a lifetime ago.

They DID have a good happy hour, Dame!
"Jaws is the Citizen Kane of movies."
blocked: logan2, Diamonds3, Hamilton22
erikaamato
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
It didn't burn down. I'm sure it'll be up and running again soon! re: MICKEYS in West Hollywood has burned down.

And Jackie Beat (aka Kent Fuher) was in a movie with me - playing a straight man. (Which is finally coming out - albeit straight to video - this Fall!) I need to go catch her at Hamburger Mary's someday.
TheatreDiva90016
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
"I remember when Mickeys used to be THE FOUR STAR!"

AHHHH! I did my very first LA show in there. It was a comedy review with myself, Gender, Chi Chi LaRue and Vaginal Creme Davis.

That was a while back!
DAME
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Actually Erika... it did. The structure is still standing.. but nothing else is. Just stopped to take a look on my way home.
mateo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
awww
-Adam Shankman.

-E!'s "The Soup"
whiskedaway Profile Photowhiskedaway Profile Photo
whiskedaway
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
Awh, Mickey's was always a fun place to go when I could not think of anything better to do. Hope they can salvage it.
DG
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Glad to know A Different Light is still there.

They'll put something else in that spot - probably sooner than later. I mean, those dancing boys have to have SOMEWHERE to go!

And Mateo - how FAR east?
TheatreDiva90016
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Now maybe they'll put something nice in there.
best12bars
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
What, like a church?
TheatreDiva90016
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
That's ALL those boys would need, ANOTHER reason to get down on their knees.
singingbackup Profile Photosingingbackup Profile Photo
singingbackup
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
TheatereD SNAP!

The old Four Star, where Jim J Bullock hit on me...that's when I knew I had arrived! One rumor was that the owners had put it up for sale about a month ago, so the timing of said fire is a bit suspect!
best12bars
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Have they figured out the cause of this disco inferno?
Updated On: 8/23/07 at 11:39 AM
erikaamato
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
b12b: I had heard on the news that they thought it started in the heating/cooling system. But they also implied it didn't burn all the way down, so who knows?
best12bars
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I'm so shallow. Ever since I heard this yesterday, I can't stop thinking about that cute Mickeys bartender from "my past." He looked like the comic book Superman!

Didn't dress that way, though.

It was brief, but memorable. I stopped dating "the help" after that.