New photos!

cubanpab Profile Photocubanpab Profile Photo
cubanpab
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
New photos!#1
Posted: 8/21/07 at 3:57pm
Hey all!

I've posted some of my photos on this board in the past... i'm a regular BWW reader and an amature photog. its my passion. my dream profession. what i wish i could do in real life... BUT... alas... life doesnt always work out that way. we dont always get to live out our dreams, and i need to pay the bills... so... i just do it for fun. :P

i'm not a pro or anything, everything i've learned i learned from books... i just shoot all day... all night... i walk around with a camera in my hand.

this weekend i bugged my wife enough that i was able to get her to pose for me. she was hamming it up for the camera... posing like a model... being crazy and hilarious... she was joking... she thought she looked like a dork... i think she looks stunning (but thats why i married her!) :)

i thought i'd share a few with you all... remember... i am not a pro... so dont bash me if you dont like them... this was me, my wife, our tiny apartment hallway, some lamps, my ipod, and alot of laughs. so obviously they're not gonna look like Annie Leibovitz:

New photos!

New photos!

New photos!

New photos!

anyone else on the boards into photography??
SueleenGay Profile PhotoSueleenGay Profile Photo
SueleenGay
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: New photos!#2
Posted: 8/21/07 at 4:02pm
Those are beautiful. What kind of photo editing did you use? What kind of camera? She is stunning.
PEACE.
cubanpab
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: New photos!#2
Posted: 8/21/07 at 4:07pm
thanks sueleen! i use a Canon Rebel XT camera (looking to upgrade if i can ever afford it!) :) and I use Photoshop CS3 to help with the colorization, etc etc.

Would be so cool to one day work in a "real studio" and see how the pros do it... but... sure that wont ever happen. :)
Jane2 Profile PhotoJane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: New photos!#3
Posted: 8/21/07 at 4:11pm
I think you're doing fine without having had any formal training-keep it up, pab. I'm sure you could get an assistant job right now!

I've had several shows of my own photography, and have been selling this summer at art festivals. Getting great feedback! I'll be doing the photography for a book on historical churches of New York City pretty soon also.

Keep up the good work~
<-----I'M TOTES ROLLING MY EYES
cubanpab
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: New photos!#4
Posted: 8/21/07 at 4:18pm
jane thats fantastic. did you go to school for photography? how did you get into it? and where can i see your work?

i wish i could get some sort of an internship or assistant job with a real photographer... so i could learn... but i have a "real job" to pay the bills, and i'm sure most photogs will only bring you on as an intern or assistant if you're a college student working on a photography degree,... or atleast have some sort of an experience... and i'd only be available weekends.

sucks. the dream is passin me by... hahaha :)
Updated On: 8/21/07 at 04:18 PM
mateo Profile Photomateo Profile Photo
mateo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: New photos!#5
Posted: 8/21/07 at 4:20pm
Que linda!
"Zac is sweet as can be. He's very much just a sweet kid from California who happens to have a face that looks like it was drawn by Michelangelo, (if Michelangelo did anime)."
-Adam Shankman.

"I haven't left this building since Windows 3.1!"

"Celebrating a birthday this week: Rene Descartes is 412! Do you know who he is? Then why are you watching this show? You could probably get into college and even get one of those job things. As for the rest of us; Amanda Bynes is 22! Yay!"
-E!'s "The Soup"
DG
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: New photos!#6
Posted: 8/21/07 at 4:30pm
"the dream is passin me by"

As long as you're still breathing . . .
HeidiPuck Profile PhotoHeidiPuck Profile Photo
HeidiPuck
Stand-by
Stand-by
re: New photos!#7
Posted: 8/21/07 at 4:30pm
All the photographers have been coming out of the woodwork lately here, it's fantastic (c:

cupanpab - if you're willing to work for free on photography, you can get a lot of great experience that way. Try posting on craigslist or responding to ads. Might want to offer trading a skill you have for working with a photographer
cubanpab
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: New photos!#8
Posted: 8/21/07 at 4:38pm
heidi its definitely something i'm looking into... i dont mind working with a photog for free as an assistant... i can fetch coffee... i can make copies! hahaha... as long as i can help in any way with the photo shoots and learn! :) we'll see what happens.
DayDreamer Profile PhotoDayDreamer Profile Photo
DayDreamer
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: New photos!#9
Posted: 8/21/07 at 4:45pm
Those pix are great. Congrats.

Don't let the opportunity pass you by... take the pix, learn as much as you can, and who knows what the future might bring, right? Start out as fun, and it can turn into something more in the future.
Celebrate Life

Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. - Randy Pausch

Jane2 Profile PhotoJane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: New photos!#10
Posted: 8/21/07 at 4:58pm
Pab, you already have good enough pictures to show-as Heidi said, answer ads, show them your work, and I'm sure you'll get an assistantship. Perhaps you can specify parttime, so that you can work during the day and assist at night.

I got both my BA and MA in art ed, and decided to specialize in photography. I taught art for 25 years in a public school system, and after retiring (EARLY RETIREMENT, LOL), I've been able to devote a lot more time to my own work.

I'll pm you with my website address~
<-----I'M TOTES ROLLING MY EYES
HeidiPuck Profile PhotoHeidiPuck Profile Photo
HeidiPuck
Stand-by
Stand-by
re: New photos!#11
Posted: 8/21/07 at 5:10pm
You could also set up a TFP arrangement and rent a studio if you want more practice. You've clearly taught yourself well up to this point, so it wouldn't be that much of a stretch to just grab a studio for a few hours.
wonderfulwizard11 Profile Photowonderfulwizard11 Profile Photo
wonderfulwizard11
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: New photos!#12
Posted: 8/21/07 at 5:56pm
pab, she and the pictures are gorgeous. Nice job!
I am a firm believer in serendipity- all the random pieces coming together in one wonderful moment, when suddenly you see what their purpose was all along.
cubanpab
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: New photos!#13
Posted: 8/21/07 at 6:51pm
thank you so much wizard! its cool to have people to share them with... i never really have anyone to show my pictures to! :)
Defying_Gravity_Girl Profile PhotoDefying_Gravity_Girl Profile Photo
Defying_Gravity_Girl
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: New photos!#14
Posted: 8/21/07 at 7:06pm
These are great! Of course, it helps when people are photogenic, like she obviously is, but you really captured her beauty. good job!
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

www.writersinlove.com
cubanpab
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: New photos!#15
Posted: 8/22/07 at 10:53am
thanks so much gravity girl! yup... shes a beauty!! :)