Page: 1

Computer Programs.

picturetaker9211 Profile Photopicturetaker9211 Profile Photo
picturetaker9211
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Computer Programs.#1
Posted: 8/21/07 at 1:15pm
Hi everybody Computer Programs. I'm pretty sure my computer has a virus. I have Windows Defender & have scanned my computer many times, but it never finds anything. There's a program (a weird version of Norton Anti-virus or something along those lines) that always has pop-ups saying that my computer has a virus, but when it tries to take action, it fails. Does anybody know of a good free virus program that could help me out?
"Some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle, and end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, take the moment & making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next. Delicious ambiguity."
-Gilda Radner
artscallion Profile Photoartscallion Profile Photo
artscallion
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Computer Programs.#2
Posted: 8/21/07 at 1:28pm
I find that you get what you pay for. I've tried the geek-recommended freebies. They're okay but usually entail a lot of maunual updating and scanning and I'm not confident that they're reliable. AVG is probably the most recommended of the freebies if you want to go that way anyway.

I eventually tossed it though and went with Nod32. It beats Norton, McAfee and all the others for protection because it continually updates virus definitions on its own rather than your having to manually update your definitions weekly.
Art has a double face, of expression and illusion.
thetinymagic2 Profile Photothetinymagic2 Profile Photo
thetinymagic2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Computer Programs.#2
Posted: 8/22/07 at 1:54am
AVG, Ad-Aware. Just installed them myself, did a system restore and all is well...