A Sad Lifestyle

Pippin Profile PhotoPippin Profile Photo
Pippin
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
A Sad Lifestyle#1
Posted: 8/17/07 at 1:18pm
oh, Ted Baehr. You're website is always good for a laugh.

A Sad Lifestyle
Aug 10th, 2007
A team of researchers from Brock University in Canada has found that adolescents engaging in homosexual desires and behaviors, and bisexual ones, are far less happy and less stable psychologically, socially and academically than heterosexual adolescents.

Thus, heterosexual adolescents are far happier and more stable as to psychological functioning, academic orientation, parental relationships, friendship quality, victimization, school culture, neighborhood quality, and attitudes toward risk.

The God of the Jewish/Christian Bible teaches that homosexual activity is evil (see Jesus Christís blanket condemnation on all sex outside of heterosexual marriage in Mark 7:20-23, as well as Romans 1:26-32, Rev. 22:15, and the five books of Moses in the Hebrew Scriptures, Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, and Deuteronomy).

Thus, society should not encourage, legitimize or glamorize homosexual and bi-sexual desires or behavior. Instead, it should encourage children (including all teenagers who can be especially vulnerable because of puberty), to follow the pro-family sexual, social, psychological, and behavioral ethics of the traditional biblical and Christian roots on which the United States and its original colonies and states were founded.

So why did the liberal candidates for president endorse homosexuality in a debate on Aug. 9 sponsored by a radical homosexual activist group?

- The Howard Center for Family, Religion & Society, April 2007.

movieguide
"I'm an American, Damnit!!! And if it's three things I don't believe in, it's quitting and math."
madbrian Profile Photomadbrian Profile Photo
madbrian
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: A Sad Lifestyle#2
Posted: 8/17/07 at 1:23pm
This clown neglects to mention that it's the narrow-minded bigotry of those like himself who can cause the unhappiness.
"It does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are 20 gods or no god. It neither picks my pocket, nor breaks my leg." -- Thomas Jefferson
Kringas
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: A Sad Lifestyle#2
Posted: 8/17/07 at 2:03pm
You want to talk sad? Christianity is a heartbreaker. All that brainwashing, arbitrary rules, following that book of hate, etc. And the cruelty in inspires in some. Any time I see a child being raised as a Christian I just sigh and shake my head.
"How do you like THAT 'misanthropic panache,' Mr. Goldstone?" - PalJoey
StageManager2 Profile PhotoStageManager2 Profile Photo
StageManager2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: A Sad Lifestyle#3
Posted: 8/17/07 at 2:07pm
Burn in hell, Kringas!
Salve, Regina, Mater misericordiae
Vita, dulcedo, et spes nostra
Salve, Salve Regina
Ad te clamamus exsules filii Eva
Ad te suspiramus, gementes et flentes
O clemens O pia
Jonny boy Profile PhotoJonny boy Profile Photo
Jonny boy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: A Sad Lifestyle#4
Posted: 8/17/07 at 2:12pm
Updated On: 8/17/07 at 02:12 PM
robbiej Profile Photorobbiej Profile Photo
robbiej
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: A Sad Lifestyle#5
Posted: 8/17/07 at 2:13pm
um...
"I'm so looking forward to a time when all the Reagan Democrats are dead."
Pippin
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: A Sad Lifestyle#6
Posted: 8/17/07 at 2:13pm
jonny boy, you ignorant slut. if you would have payed attention, look what I wrote before the article started.

"I'm an American, Damnit!!! And if it's three things I don't believe in, it's quitting and math."
Updated On: 8/17/07 at 02:13 PM
tazber Profile Phototazber Profile Photo
tazber
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: A Sad Lifestyle#7
Posted: 8/17/07 at 2:14pm
I think he posted it on a right wing site called moviemedia.

edit:movieguide
....but the world goes 'round
Updated On: 8/17/07 at 02:14 PM
madbrian Profile Photomadbrian Profile Photo
madbrian
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: A Sad Lifestyle#8
Posted: 8/17/07 at 2:14pm
Fair to say that more evil has been done in the name of religion than has ever been done for oil or money?
"It does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are 20 gods or no god. It neither picks my pocket, nor breaks my leg." -- Thomas Jefferson
robbiej
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: A Sad Lifestyle#9
Posted: 8/17/07 at 2:15pm
I'm not quite sure how one removes the concept of religion from the concept of money.
Pippin
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: A Sad Lifestyle#10
Posted: 8/17/07 at 2:15pm
more than ever could be done, in fact.
Pippin
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: A Sad Lifestyle#11
Posted: 8/17/07 at 2:18pm
what is it, about 2/3 of the Bible's laws deals with property and ownership?
HDThoreau2 Profile PhotoHDThoreau2 Profile Photo
HDThoreau2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: A Sad Lifestyle#12
Posted: 8/17/07 at 2:23pm
I've said that the narrow view that seems to be the symptom causes obvious unhappiness to all those with the affliction on this board.

Otherwise, its cool.
If Tom DeLay is The Hammer, then I proclaim a new title for the Speaker of the House, Nancy Pelosi: The Briber. Nancy Pelosi had to bribe her members with spinach to get their votes.
Updated On: 8/17/07 at 02:23 PM
SNAFU Profile PhotoSNAFU Profile Photo
SNAFU
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: A Sad Lifestyle#13
Posted: 8/17/07 at 3:37pm
Organized religion IS a business and is joined at the hip with money.
Those Blocked: SueStorm. N2N Nate. Good riddence to stupid! Rad-Z, shill begone!
Kringas
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: A Sad Lifestyle#14
Posted: 8/17/07 at 3:40pm
This is a serious question - When people say "organzied religion" it infers there's an unorganized (disorganized?) religion as well. Aren't all religions organized religion?
robbiej
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: A Sad Lifestyle#15
Posted: 8/17/07 at 3:52pm
I'd say Hare Krishnas are rather disorganized.

SorryGrateful
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: A Sad Lifestyle#16
Posted: 8/17/07 at 3:52pm
I completely agree with madbrian. Maybe if the gay kids weren't tormented by their peers or families, maybe if they weren't constantly told by all sorts of insidious sources that they are bad people because of who they're attracted to, they'd be able to be happy.

But, hey, maybe this is crazy talk I'm talking.
You promised me poems. ~Tricky
Jilani
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: A Sad Lifestyle#17
Posted: 8/17/07 at 3:54pm
I think it refers to "organized religion" as opposed to religion that might be practiced or believed on a personal/private/individual basis; in other words, religion as manifested in large institutions with an organized structure and hierarchy.
artscallion Profile Photoartscallion Profile Photo
artscallion
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: A Sad Lifestyle#18
Posted: 8/17/07 at 3:54pm
My impression is that a religion is a set of beliefs or tenets of a spiritual nature. This is a completely seperate concept from how you practice these beliefs. Some people practice them on their own, without any connection to a religious institution. Others practice under the umbrella of a "governing' organization.

Many people still believe in the tenets of the religion in which they were raised but have since seperated from the institution of that church, for example. Others have developed their own spiritual belief system, which may or may not include a 'god' all on their own and practice their own rituals/worship/customs.
Art has a double face, of expression and illusion.
romantico Profile Photoromantico Profile Photo
romantico
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: A Sad Lifestyle#19
Posted: 8/17/07 at 3:56pm
Again, I have to ask who are these people to judge us? I mean, what gives them the right? I am very happy and most the gay/bi people I know are happy as well.
'There are three sides to every story. My side, your side, and the truth. And no one is lying. Memories shared serve each one differently' -Robert Evans-
SNAFU Profile PhotoSNAFU Profile Photo
SNAFU
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: A Sad Lifestyle#20
Posted: 8/17/07 at 3:58pm
Kringas, I know a lot of people who have religious beliefs but do not belong to a religious organization (read church, synagouge, temple). Organized religions have meetings, collect tythes, make money. Some lobby government, try to pass laws etc.
A person with personal religous convictions can be devout without the organization.
Those Blocked: SueStorm. N2N Nate. Good riddence to stupid! Rad-Z, shill begone!
Kringas
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: A Sad Lifestyle#21
Posted: 8/17/07 at 3:59pm
All those explanations make sense, but I still think "organized religion" is something of a misnomer.

Again, I have to ask who are these people to judge us? I mean, what gives them the right?

The bible, silly. The bible.
YouWantitWhen???? Profile PhotoYouWantitWhen???? Profile Photo
YouWantitWhen????
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: A Sad Lifestyle#22
Posted: 8/17/07 at 4:21pm
I kind of view it as organized religion vs. faith itself.

I find faith to be a very powerful and uplifting gift. I have no problem with individuals who have searched their hearts and found meaning and god in the Bible, or the Koran, or other texts or philosophy. A personal journey that leads someone to have faith is something that I envy and would love to experience.

Though a broad generalization, I often find organized religion as a means to harness faith for the benefit of those running the religious institution itself.

I don't know if that makes sense, but for what it is worth ...
HDThoreau2 Profile PhotoHDThoreau2 Profile Photo
HDThoreau2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: A Sad Lifestyle#23
Posted: 8/17/07 at 4:24pm
I've said that the narrow view that it promotes causes obvious unhappiness to all those with the affliction on this board.

Otherwise, its cool.
If Tom DeLay is The Hammer, then I proclaim a new title for the Speaker of the House, Nancy Pelosi: The Briber. Nancy Pelosi had to bribe her members with spinach to get their votes.
romantico Profile Photoromantico Profile Photo
romantico
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: A Sad Lifestyle#24
Posted: 8/17/07 at 4:25pm
YouWantitWhen????, Very well said!
'There are three sides to every story. My side, your side, and the truth. And no one is lying. Memories shared serve each one differently' -Robert Evans-