Page: 1

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ANITA GILLETTE

fflagg Profile Photofflagg Profile Photo
fflagg
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ANITA GILLETTE#1
Posted: 8/16/07 at 9:57pm
Underappreciated actress, singer, and damn good "Pyramid" game show player.

I wonder if the Bush girls ever sing "The Secret Service" when at the White House?
Do you know what happens when you let Veal Prince Orloff sit in an oven too long?
supportivemom Profile Photosupportivemom Profile Photo
supportivemom
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ANITA GILLETTE#2
Posted: 8/16/07 at 10:04pm
Anita Gillette is a great performer. Glad you brought her in the spotlight tonight. Can I assume you are a Fannie Flagg fan as well? She's a great writer- so funny and natural. Of course, Sue Ann was the best character on MTM.
fflagg Profile Photofflagg Profile Photo
fflagg
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ANITA GILLETTE#2
Posted: 8/16/07 at 10:44pm
I admit that one time I did make Veal Prince Orloff.
Do you know what happens when you let Veal Prince Orloff sit in an oven too long?
sondheimboy2 Profile Photosondheimboy2 Profile Photo
sondheimboy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ANITA GILLETTE#3
Posted: 8/17/07 at 12:57am
If you want to see her in her musical prime, go to www.bluegobo.com and you can see her performing some numbers on the old Ed Sullivan show.

Nothing from "Kelly" (understandably) or even "All American" (unfortunately), but you can see her performing numbers from "Mr. President" (doing both haves of an Irving Berlin counterpoint songs) and as Sally Bowes in "Cabaret".

Even though she still works regularly in films and television, I wish she would come back to Broadway.
"A coherent existance after so many years of muddle" - Desiree' Armfelt, A Little Night Music "Life keeps happening everyday, Say Yes" - 70, Girls, 70 "Life is what you do while you're waiting to die" - Zorba