Page: 1

Fox News Caught Sabotaging Wikipedia Entries

Jordan Catalano Profile PhotoJordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
This cracked me up this morning so I thought I'd share...

Fox News
Updated On: 8/16/07 at 08:56 AM
keen on kean Profile Photokeen on kean Profile Photo
keen on kean
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
According to CNN, also caught modifying Wikipedia - the New York Times and the California company manufacturing the faulty electronic voting machines.

I've said it before - don't use Wikipedia as a reliable source since anyone can edit the content.
romantico Profile Photoromantico Profile Photo
romantico
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Revoke Fox's broadcast license for disinformation, propaganda, and outright lies.Sad that rightwingers scream about freedom of speech but when it comes to something they don't like they have to lie,cheat,and sneak around.Watergate is nothing compared what these sneaks will try to get away with!I bet Karl Rove taught them all the tricks!

Does this surprise anyone? ANYONE and I mean ANYONE who gets their news from Fox is a total complete idiot. They don't want news they want the news they want to hear.They have the worst reputation and only a moron would believe ANYTHING they hear on Fox.

Fox News Changes Wikipedia To Smear Rivals; Comprehensive List of Changes

http://www.geeksaresexy.net/2007/08/14/fox-news-changes-wikipedia-to-smear-rivals-olbermann-and-franken-comprehensive-list-of-changes

DIEBOLD also caught making changes! wow -- from Wired

See Who's Editing Wikipedia - Diebold, the CIA, a Campaign

http://www.wired.com/politics/onlinerights/news/2007/08/wiki_tracker

'There are three sides to every story. My side, your side, and the truth. And no one is lying. Memories shared serve each one differently' -Robert Evans-
JohnBoy2 Profile PhotoJohnBoy2 Profile Photo
JohnBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I agree it is funny, but it's hardly a news item. Anybody can put whatever they like on Wikipedia. So what? The funniest thing about the article is that it stated that Al Franken is "competition" for Fox News. Now, I don't watch Fox News, or any new stations, (except for about 1 hours' worth of Bill Hemmer in the morning), as I prefer to listen to the "liberal" National Public Radio; but, I'm pretty sure that wherever Al Franken is, he's no competition for Fox News. I have no idea where I would even find him. Finally, Wikipedia should be used, only for the most rudimentary information.
romantico
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Lets not forget it was Bill O'Reilly and Fox's lame lawsuit against Franken that made them look like bigger jokes then they alreay are.Franken to this day says right after the suit was annouced his number of pre-orders literally went up within hours on Amazon.Al feels guilty that he should have shared profits from his book with Fox because he credits them for helping him sell so many! Fox just doesn't get it. It was also announced this week that Fox has canceled their Daily Show/Comedy rip off.Why?Because Republicans don't get comedy or satire.99% of the time they have no idea its THEM who EVERYONE is laughing at!

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1881466/posts#comment?q=1

Even a lot of the freepers openly admit it was crap, wow!Their last show they were down to PAYING for audience members
Some pathetic group called "Los Angeles Republican Association" (and as an Angelino lemme tell ya - that's a small association!)

The Half Hour News Hour and The Los Angeles Republican Alliance has teamed up to enhance the Republican experience in Los Angeles County.

LARA is authorized to compensate conservative audience members $15 for their participation in the taping of the Half Hour News Hour. See schedule below.

If you are a conservative and want to get paid for attending as many show as available you can RSVP here: xxx@xxxx.com . Just make sure the email has the words "LARA RSVP" and the date of the show you are interested in attending, in the subject line. Please provide your mailing address for your check and pay attention to the deadline.

It was funnier than a barrell full of Ann Coulters!!!
'There are three sides to every story. My side, your side, and the truth. And no one is lying. Memories shared serve each one differently' -Robert Evans-
Updated On: 8/16/07 at 09:49 AM
Calvin Profile PhotoCalvin Profile Photo
Calvin
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I read the other day that Dow Chemical recently got caught deleting Union Carbide's Bhopal gas leak disaster -- which ultimately killed about 20,000 people and injured about 100,000 -- from its Wikipedia entry.
Elphaba Profile PhotoElphaba Profile Photo
Elphaba
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
How many times to SO many of us have to say it....NO teacher or librarian worth anything will accept Wiki as a credible source for this very reason.........I mean do you know how many people actually believed there was a Northwest Tre Octopus?????

Wiki MUST be taken with a grain of salt, as any MORON can update it
It is ridiculous to set a detective story in New York City. New York City is itself a detective story... AGATHA CHRISTIE, Life magazine, May 14, 1956
Calvin Profile PhotoCalvin Profile Photo
Calvin
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Good gracious, I need a shower after seeing those Freeper comments. Some of my favorites:

Too bad. I enjoyed that show, thought I didn’t get to watch it the last few weeks because my husband wanted to watch “Ice Truckers” on another station. I would have liked to have seen it on at an earlier time.

Loved the Limbaugh as president stuff though. Should have put more of that in.

I thought the show was tedious, but the anchor babe was surprisingly hot.

Fox should give Dennis Miller a half hour show. He’s got to be better than Greta.
romantico
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Oh I know. I sometimes go over to see what they are talking about and just can not believe some of the stuff I read. I always and I mean ALWAY regret reading some of the hateful stuff they spew.They really hate us gays and those who are pro-choice.Man, the evil stuff they say just disturbs me.These people get their news ONLY FROM FOX and NEWSMAX. Scary and sad....but mostly just scary!